Mike Ybarra will make WOW great again

:relieved:

^^ This emote is all it takes to convince people you’re saving wow? That’s literally the only part of Ybarra’s tweet that was his. He was just sharing a post from IV.

Also, I’ve used that emote in posts so many times, and yet… no one is calling me wow’s savior…? :thinking:

Bah!

:relieved:

Settle down over there

It’ll be ok

We’ve done set bonuses for years in the past and it was ok

So you mean he actually plays the game at a high level ?

Sounds like the type of guy you want in charge.

3 Likes

“i wanted executives who play the game, but only if they play it the exact same way i do”

7 Likes

Meaning they DON’T play it, but do complain on the forums a lot. :laughing:

2 Likes

I own lots of guns, you don’t see me shooting up any business or school. Odd how that logic works of yours.

1 Like

There’s 5 slots, 1 of which isn’t a Tier slot.

Sounds logical until you realize Ion Hazzikostas was considered a top tier raider before coming aboard and eventually becoming the Game Lead.

1 Like

The Team president might not have a say about what plays and strategies are used on the Field, but he sure can fire the coach.

Ion didn’t even mog his gear. Didn’t do keys, didn’t do anything but raid log. And now it seems Ion even quit his own game.

Mike actually plays the game.

ive already had to respond to a couple of these already. i want to respect your reply by responding but dont feel like typing it out again. if its not too much trouble, could you scroll up and see my other responses?

lol. sry for being lazy.

1 Like

Yeah…I’m talking about a time before Transmogging was even in the game.

Yeah, but since Classic launched, we can see how bad the game was back then, instead of relying on rose colored glasses, so frankly that doesn’t say much about him if that’s the game he likes.

Mike Ybarra will make WOW great again

-Dendritus mashes her X button with furious distrust.-

This is one of the worst arguments I’ve ever seen lol. What are you even talking about?

The easiest and most efficient way for high level players to make gold is to sell boosts plain and simple. Like I said if you could do it you would.

I’ve read them, I’m still not convinced why you’re mad at the guy.

Selling carries has nothing to do with tokens. Players who do it (I’ve done it myself a few times) don’t do it to “sell tokens”, we just do it for the gold. I mean some people will never do a +15 key on their own or never touch Mythic raiding, but they have money and they want the mount/gear.

We’re super nice to them on voice and in chat, we treat them like royalty, we funnel them every drop. For us : it’s just doing the content with a slight handicap.

I don’t get why you think this is all a ploy for financials, Mike isn’t selling carries to help token sells just like I wasn’t doing carries to help token sales. It’s just because we can, it’s free gold.

1 Like

And yet you don’t see how you’re destroying your own argument here. It’s literally the same point you’re trying to make with “Ybarra good!”. Ion played the game too, and obviously wasn’t good for the direction of the game.

I just assume a lot of carry buyers buy tokens to fund their carry purchases.

I’m not mad at the guy.

I’m just giving my thoughts on the kind of direction he might put the company on.

Only to be replaced by something more sinister :smiling_imp:

The fact he likes the good content (Mythic+, raiding) and dislikes the bad systems like Shards of Domination, in line with what most of WoW players want more of and less of ?

Sounds like he’s way more in touch than Ion ever was.

No, in fact, Ion never actually played the game. He raided in the game, but he didn’t seem to play it much.

See him as a player instead of an exec then maybe ? Think why he’s boosting, and realise that it’s not just Blizzard employees who sell carries, it’s a massive amount of high end players. Obviously it’s not about tokens to those who do it.

1 Like

I mean, that’s why I even brought it up. He does Carrie’s. He’s also responsible for making the company money. Tokens and Carrie’s go hand in hand.

Until proven by his actions, I’ll assume he will push the game in a direction that increases boosting and token sales.

There’s nothing about the guy that screams ‘now this guy definitely won’t make token sales a priority. Instead he’ll make a good game and increase subscription sales’.

It’s all assuming.