Mighty Caravan Brutosaur

There was no data mining involved. It was already on the PTR and people were getting the FoS popping up which started these discussions. So basically you did get the news when they decided it was going to happen or within a few weeks of the decision (which is basically immediately for them).

https:/ /us.forums.blizzard. com/en/wow/t/looks-like-the-mighty-caravan-brutosaur-might-be-unobtainable-in-901/370236

to find the fos, people had to data mine. you know what has to happen before people can spend time on configuring data? they need to decide on something. so no, this wasn’t disclosed immediately, and yes, we had to find out by going through blizzards data in ways that violate the tos.

everything you said is false so please get your facts straight. blizz didn’t tell us this was happening until AFTER the fos was data mined and a forum post about it was started.

5 Likes

…have you seen the economies on most servers?

3 Likes

Could have just removed the AH from the mount, and then put another mobile AH on a new mount, and then remove the utility at the end of each expansion.

That’d be a true goldsink without screwing people over. And frankly, the people rushing to buy it right away would be the ones using the utility the most, while the collection value for everybody else keeps it as a general goldsink for years after.

That is actually incorrect. They did state that now you see Yaks everywhere and want the bronto to and I forget the wording but something along the ljnes of be more prestigious.

Edit. I stand corrected. Not factually wrong. As I saw you post in essence what I was saying later in this thread. Muh bad

1 Like

I wouldn’t say you were wrong or stand corrected. Blizzard did, in fact, touch on wanting to keep this mount more exclusive and not as common down the road when they compared it to the mammoth.

Rankin is wrong again, as you can see from the blue post. There was talk about luxury mounts, the AH mount is in the same boat since they, plain as day, compared the two.

i can see that logic but also not. what would you replace the mobile ah with? we already have repair vendors and xmog. no one really uses void storage and it would make more sense to have on a void themed mount as well. the value of the brutosaur would plummet regardless of what you replace the ah for so people would complain over spending 5 mil on a crappy mount.

i’m not saying blizz didn’t goof up. if mobile ah being everywhere was a real concern, they shouldn’t have put it in game to begin with. but if blizz regrets it now and wants to piss off the least amount of people, this is probably the best method since you’ll still be able to get it from the bmah. yes, it’ll cost a ton more but throw in increasing inflation and the fact that the more people have it, the less people will bid on it and eventually anyone who wants it will get it.

Something you have repeatedly argued would never happen anyway. Which means the mount would be just fine where it’s at.

1 Like

Which is something you claimed they never said.

:woman_shrugging:

Uh, what? I’ve never claimed that they didn’t say the Brutosaur would become too common.

They said they were worried the mount would become too common.

You’re the one who keeps arguing that it would stay rare anyway.

Which means the mount should be just fine staying right where it’s at.

2 Likes

Even better. You can go pick them then and make a killing.

Your link doesn’t work.

My fact are straight - there was no data mining involved in this.

The feat of strength WAS already on the PTR when this information was released.

This is the information posted on wowhead about it on Nov 21 - it literally states the latest PTR build added a FoS.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=296588/mighty-caravan-brutosaur-not-purchasable-in-shadowlands-added-to-black-market-ah

I didn’t go and check for a few days after but there was no new build between the 21st and the 24th and this screenshot shows it is on there then.

https://imgur.com/a/WHsSKzI

Playing on the PTR doesn’t violate the ToS.

“We’ve seen how luxury mounts like the Traveler’s Tundra Mammoth started out as something special and rare: a repair vendor wherever you are! They were originally ultra-exclusive and mostly purchased by guild banks for convenient raid use, but then became increasingly commonplace due to gold inflation over time”

I’m not sure how much more black and white you need this to be.

I like how you’re going to take my post about one thing and try to attach it to something else.

And again, there was no mention, whatsoever, about the Brutosaur mount being changed in order to preserve it’s “luxury” status. It is being changed solely because of the AH functionality.

Something you keep ignoring so you can pretend to have a point.

1 Like

The PTR wasn’t actually up yet when they made that discovery, because they datamined it from the build that was uploaded to the PTR server.

Just look at this article posted several hours later:

Notice how it says "the PTR is now up?

Oh I see you people are complaining about a few hours…

Oh my think of how much of that 5 million you could have earned in a few hours…

You claimed the Brutosaur wasn’t datamined. I just proved you wrong. Instead of admitting you were wrong, you’ve decided to add some strawman nonsense on top of your silly semantics game.

2 Likes

There was no needing to rely on data mining for the information. It literally would have been known later that same day since it was in that build.

If that is significant to all of you then you need to get the heck off here because you have literally wasted more than a few hours complaining about this.

But it was still datamined.

Which wouldn’t have proven that the mount was going away. They put in a FoS for the Warlock green fire scenario, but you can still go back and do that.

I didn’t realize I needed to run my complaints through you to make sure I wasn’t wasting any time. Or maybe you could focus on the things you care about instead of stomping all over other people for caring about different things.

I am not sure what your point is here. The first thread on this forum was Nov 21st and the blue posted confirming it was going away on Nov 21st. Any ‘data mining’ that was done was also done on Nov 21st.

There was no NEED to rely on information obtained illegally.