Might of the Frozen Wastes is back

I agree about avoiding Breath spec. I cannot stand the gameplay of BoS.

I will be using a 2h personally and I’m glad that we’re both being allowed to use the weapon type we prefer. I have missed 2h frost and am excited to have it return. I just hope that it’s using any talent on that talent row except BoS.

9 Likes

I imagine to implement varying playstyles between the two, which I personally feel is a great goal for them to have.

Most come from those that want frost only to be dw. Others well we have been burned by blizzard enough to know looking at things like this at face value can lean to heartbreak when it goes live.

She doesn’t she wants dw frost and that is it.

Yes she probably is. And I am actually looking forward to trying 2h frost get rid of the toothpicks that was forced into my hands by blizzard.

5 Likes

beta is still a shtshow in terms of pvp balance but i don’t have a good feeling about it tbh. Dks have just been gutted too much in terms of tankiness. Our kit is as barebones as you can get and most of it you gotta burn all your gcds to not even tread above water. I cant really even think of a class thats been as consistently nerfed and picked away at as deathknights.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

If they would bake RoRI into frost so it was applied by defult when you attack. Both 2h and dw would benefit from it. I wish they would do that

1 Like

Well, 2h is going to have an interesting dilemma.

It’s either you give up RI or FC. Biceps states that they are pretty both comparable in terms of damage output.

That’s some Rextroy stuff. Lol

1 Like

Lol but will that be nerfed. They have already made it so you can not switch armor in raids and dungeons. And with a tweak of code they could do it for weapons.

And yes 2h will have an interesting dilemma. This being said if they would bake RoRI into mastery or give us a passive that does its effects then it would be better 2h and dw would both have the effect. Or as have mentioned make a 2h rune that combines both.

I have said this and know people will keep saying it will change too much. But if they would allow 2h frost to have 2 runes that would fix some of the issues.

But there is a problem I see with Razor Ice. It is a stacking debuff on the target. So if you have to swap targets or if the target dies you lose the stacks. What if they made it a buff for us kind of like how rogues combo points work. So they can switch targets and keep the combo points. Make it so the stacks from RI are a buff to our char so we do nto lose them.

Knowing Blizzard who just hates fun. They will most likely restrict our weapon swapping shenanigans. If they do, it would be so unlike them and actually have potential to pull ahead of DW.

Implicitly, RI already does multiplicatively scale with Mastery. 15% more Frost Damage is a powerful debuff… Like, very powerful. Thanks to KM58, it will make Obliterate more essential to 2h Frost with it consuming KM to scale with Frost. It will be an interesting sight.

Having 2 weapon enchants for a single weapon is not very feasible. I’ve been thinking about what kind of Runeforge that can compete with RI+FC but the solution they come up with now with how fundamentally different Obliterate works now has to do for now.

You are underestimating how much RI gives you a numerical advantage. It is indeed a stacking debuff on a target and you are correct if you are to swap targets to lose stacks. Contrary of doing that, you do more damage against the target afflicted by 5 stacked RI and it takes 15% more damage of everything you do as long as you deal Frost Damage. It scales with Strength, Weapon Damage, Attack Power, Mastery, everything. As long as it deals Frost Damage.

EDIT: Having it as a debuff is a much bigger deal than you think. :wink:

This is kind of why Frostscythe is a VERY solid talent and I will most likely still use it even with the AoE Cap on it. Frostscythe allows you to apply RI on multiple targets at a time alongside with Glacial Advance (:face_vomiting:), they both are going to be very strong talent choices in Shadowlands.

Because it worked out so great for the spec before right?

I am not underestimating what ri gives us. Thats why I have been trying to find a way for 2h to have it and FC.

About the 2h getting two runes. Unless a blizzard employee tells us how they have enchanting/rune forging coding set up we have no idea if it is possible. I mean they change it from every piece of gear gets enchants to only a few parts. I know its because they did not make the enchants for the rest of our gear.

But until the code is released it might be able to be done with the current system. And i know part of the recent update was to make up for us not having 2 runes.

I will have to say the way it is looking ri will be the 2h rune over fc.

What if they baked RI into FS. In the past 2h has been mostly about obliterate spam. If they built RI into FS then it wouldn’t be as ignored as it was in the past.

1 Like

Everyone is missing the easy solution, drop the 25% obliterate damage, replace it with 15% frost damage. Obliterate damage is put into a talent for those that want that build. Why make it hard? Obliteration could be “Increases Obliterate damage by 25%, while Pillar of Frost is active your Howling Blast, Frost Strike and Glacial Advance trigger Killing Machine.”

Tada! Solved

Wouldnt that just perpetuate the problem of being shoehorned into a talent then? All 2h users would have to pick Obliteration to stay viable, kinda like how BoS has been for a while for Frost in general

Also, I like the idea of RI being a stacking buff on the DK, rather than a rebuff on the enemy, sounds fun

2 Likes

Both on Live and in Beta, you can’t change weapons in Combat. I’m on a training dummy in Boralus right now on live, and attempting to equip a different weapon while hitting the dummy results in the “You can’t do that while in combat” message.

2 Likes

That’s due to your corruption. Weapons with abilities are treated differently to regular weapons.

I think it was some “clever game mechanics” issue with rogues a way back that caused them to change it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t find that “fun.” That would feel super gimmicky to me. Just let me get the best weapon I can for my play style and play. I am not trying to micromanage equipment mid-fight. That would be super tedious for me, personally.

“Fun,” is subjective.

4 Likes

You’re right, I can swap weapons on a template character with template gear in combat on Beta.

Was just trying to answer a question. I don’t understand why you are so aggressive on these forums.

1 Like