Might of the Frozen Wastes is back

Small dog syndrome.

3 Likes

It really doesnt even matter anymore. 2H was brought back to Frost and Bliz is clearly attempting to balance it against DW. There is no need to even engage in the back and forth anymore with people trying to argue that 2H should not be added. It was added, period. Now Bliz is attempting to balance it. We should just focus on how to best improve the DK class and its three individual specs as a whole going forward.

1 Like

Sorry, posted on wrong character.

I agree with you there. I never understood the mentality with people who doesn’t want other to have something just because they don’t like it themselves. If you don’t like 2h, play DW. If you don’t like DW, now you get the opportunity to play 2h back.

Is it really that bad for some people that other people may enjoy the game even more?

7 Likes

not that this is the case for this specific person in question but when the specs were split frost objectively performed worse because more development time was spent balancing between dw and 2h than actually making the spec as a whole work well. for people that like to min/max their characters an argument could be made that going back to a system where the spec was objectively worse off to cater to another playstyle and potentially hindering the specs performance which does affect them is frustrating.

Yall are too funny with this nonsense. 3rd gen dk’s may have been CREATED by Arthas, doesn’t have to mean CLONES of Arthas. Just to poke an enormous hole in your “it’s not thematic” balloon, a dk could very well have been a rogue, etc. prior to dying and being raised as a dk.

1 Like

Citation? Just saying something is objective doesn’t make it so

3 Likes

I mean, we literally had an expansion where DW was better than 2H, and with DW, you could actually just remove Obliterate from your bars and lose almost no DPS. So while they were attempting to get 2H up to DW standards, DW had a partial working spec.

“you could actually just remove Obliterate from your bars and lose almost no DPS”

That screams broken spec to me. Obliterate is a key attack ability ONLY Frost gets, and you had a weapon set which allowed the spec to entirely avoid using it. I don’t think that’s a matter of DW being better then 2H for that exp, that’s a matter of Frost DK, as a spec, being terrible at the time and needing some serious re-work to its core functionality/abilities.

You can argue that this means 2H should have been removed, but I could just as easily argue the inverse. I would also note that the play style that actually needed to use all the main attack skills in its toolkit should probably be viewed as the more healthy play style to the long-term health of the spec, but that’s a matter of opinion.

3 Likes

pretty much true with km on fs oblit was filler for frost while dw

Yes, but they were focused on trying to make 2H viable, by playing around with the MOTFW passive, and left DW in a state where it was both better, and obliterate was nearly useless for it.

That’s the point people are making, it seems even though they’re a billion dollar company, Blizzard really has a hard time getting these easy issues fixed. The excuse always being “We can’t change classes in the middle of a raid!” as if most people care the impact on the world first race and don’t instead just want a working class with viable output.

Yeah, that is all a fair point.

I think their recent seeming receptiveness to class changes, although not perfect, does seem like a step in the right direction. Hopefully its a positive sign for SL.

2 Likes

I doubt they’ll go back on their conservatiness of balance tweeks and class changes during the expansion. They could easily revamp a few talents in big content patches, but they don’t by fear of frustrating people who picked a certain class/spec, as if those people aren’t begging for changes. I hope they’ve learned, and BfA was somewhat less conservative than Legion on that front, but I dunno, we’ll see I guess.

Yeah, I will concede the point that a broken class with little hope of change for an expansion will get me to unsub real fast. A broken class which I know is being worked on consistently would keep me interested patch-to-patch.

1 Like

That was aggressive? Im just saying that it didnt work out well before when they split the playstyles. Its not even really split right now its just 2h has a focus on obliterate because people asked for it which limits your options.

its gonna be funny when 2h eventually becomes the primary playstyle due to obliterates raw damage with all the increases its going to get

4 Likes

And where are you getting this from? Does 2h actually have any choice? Oh and remember, a lot of Obliterates are going to be physical damage.

Not until km58 which convert to frost damage… so…

1 Like

And i can argue it shouldnt be balanced and left as a cosmetic option like the massive role playing whiners were crying over, now that its back they also want it balanced., even tho before they all said dps didnt mattered only their role playing with a 2 hander. Same issue of 8 years ago and reason it was removed. They will never be balanced. Blizz should leave the way it is and actualy expend resources in fixing frost core issues and not making 2 hander not crap.

1 Like

for 2h what if aa, aa crits, fs and fs crits trigger km would that even out

1 Like