Might of the Frozen Wastes is back

The KM upgrade to convert Obliterate’s damage to Frost is at 58.

Yea, I’m level 60 testing it on the necrolord pvp dummies. Gives no benefit to obliterate crits.

If thats the case I would report it as a bug since it should be increasing it.

Just report them. They arent even attempting to contribute, none of them were. Just trying to shut someone up through the report system because they have the numbers.

Razorice works with a whitelist of spells, that’s probably the issue (obliterate not being on the list)

Understood. I would just report that as a bug. I assume that is something the devs intend to rectify later on. They may have to take an extra step in adding the frosty Obliterate to Razorice’s buff template. That is purely speculation, though.

:confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

:slight_smile:

I love to see my own class has a passionate community to test out our performance especially with something like 2h vs DW.

Guess I’ll stick to FC when 2h Frost becomes a thing since RI just whitelist some… stuff. As well as Biceps kinda convinced me that GA has potential. Never thought I see that day… Well… If you’re using RI that is. GA lies about applying RI if you don’t have RI. :frowning:

Biceps, is Avalanche still trash? I heard it got buffed a little bit.

2 Likes

Think it’ll be the choice for 2H for ST, possibly AoE as well. Actually deals slightly more damage for 2H vs DW because of having only MH scaling I think.

6 Likes

I may have said this before, but thanks for all the info you’ve been filling us in on with 2H development. In spite of my occasionally aggressive behavior, I’ve always appreciated your efforts in regards to Death Knight development. It’s good to have people that are willing to champion for a class that is routinely undermined.

6 Likes

Fun thing I saw today. You can game 2H runeforges a bit with 2 weapons. You run with FC and wait for it to proc. Once it procs, you swap weapons to stack RI. When the buff runs out, you swap back again (razorice drops as soon as you swap back). Might be a small gain, might be fixed soon, still interesting.

4 Likes

Honestly this is all an issue we should have never had to deal with because dual wield should have never even been put in this game for DKs. I know some ppl like it now that it’s here, and I’m not advocating for its removal at all (more options is a plus). But if we are following the Arthas theme I always remember thinking after wotlk. Why the hell is Blizz emphasizing dual wield?

I remember thinking, Frost is a two hand spec first. If any playstyle was to be dumpstered and left for dead it should have always been dual wield. Dual wield frost should never ever ever have been promoted to the main playstyle of frost thematically. In what world does it make sense for a DK to kill his enemies using death by a thousand cuts.

DKs are not rogues or DHs. This course correction is long over due in my eyes.

7 Likes

The resource system didnt change in wrath whenever you swapped weapon, or even specs. Haste did nothing either aside from basically GCD and attack speed. So DW wasnt death by a thousand cuts, it did have oomph to it though people just dont want to hear it.

They could have just as easily put in place right now “Might of the frozen wastes increases frost damage by 15% when using a 2h weapon” and taken care of one of the issues. It would have at least been closer to not having this 2h vs DW thing that is going on and is kind of perpetuated by this 2h community when it doesnt need to exist. Why not actually work on the spec if people have problems with it than create this divide because of a look.

I agree with u. It’s here to stay so let’s fix them both. That said ur idea of 15% frost damage on top of 25% oblit damage sounds like a nice addition to motfw. Doesn’t fix everything but… Nice addition.

I could care less if it’s a tiny weaker then dw frost. The thing, is that it is there, and if I decide to play with frost, I dont have to pull out my worst two weapons while I wait for TWO usable weapons to drop. I can keep business as usual with a minor penalty.

Before this, frost was usually only used during BC timewalks when I pulled my two warglaives out.

Not on top of. MotFW, in the announcement, was supposed to be there because DW has 2 runeforges, or basically 15% more damage on frost damage. So just make MotFW give 2h 15% increased frost damage. It also increases the chance that auto crits give KM. The question is why didnt they just do that if the purpose to the 25% increased damage to obliterate was to do “bridge the gap”. There would be no complaint because its a no brainer that it is accomplishing that.

Then, since there is a want for an obliterate focused spec, make one of the many dead talents into the obliterate focus talent. Could have changed Obliteration a little bit to achieve this for the entire spec instead of just one weapon. Then you can use whatever weapon you want. Holy wow that was hard to come up with.

Its never a minor penalty. And comunity perception of the class wont get you invited to groups if you play the wrong way unless ofc the very casual groups that struggle to clear a +12. Have fun with your subpar playstyle tho.

My greatest hope for all of this is that I can end up playing DW without using Breath spec. Antorus was the most fun I’ve had as Frost since I came back to playing in Legion after Wrath.

5 Likes

I’ve been bouncing around on what class to play, but if 2 handed frost remains close to dual wield I may just go with DK. I would love to use all the appearances of the Apocalypse sword as well (the best looking two hander in the game imo).

I was actually thinking about trying this the other day in the beta but completely forgot.

I’d hope it’s not intentional.
Swapping to a weapon with rune of hysteria while BOS is up and FC buff is rolling would be weird as well.

Thank you for testing it out, i appreciate it :).