Might of the Frozen Wastes is back

I would have imagined it would start out that way. 25% extra obliterate dmg and the 70%=>100% KM proc chance for 2H must have been based on their internal testing.

I love that overall they seem so close, but there appears to be some extra chunky burst during obliteration for 2H. For me that is exactly what I wanted out of this: chunky 2H burst for PvP.

So thrilled.

When is this pre-patch anyway? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Dito… :laughing:

2 Likes

He’s still on the crusade because he’s been wrong so many times. Comes onto the forums acting like he’s some rank 1 player with world top 50 raiding skills. Then you look at his toon and it hasn’t even completed LFR and is wearing world quest items.

They’ve so far:
1- Claimed 2h wasn’t ever coming back. (WRONG)

2-Claimed Blizzard only added it as an aesthetic and they were probably not going to change its mechanics in relation to dw (WRONG)

3-Claimed that actual data from the most prominent DK theorycrafter actually doing beta testing and discussing changes in the class discord was the same thing he was saying, despite him having zero data from beta and just materializing arguments out of thin air.

Kelliste is the Cleveland Browns of the WoW forums, taking L after L.

Kelliste is a :clown_face:. Report them and put them on ignore. Your sanity will thank you.

15 Likes

Appreciate the support :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

18 Likes

They added new 2h animations for obliterate too. very nice :grin:

15 Likes

Always respected and a sought out resource for balanced and accurate info.

Speaking of, back to the beta with you! There are logs that need your attention.

The next big bicepspump state of frost update isn’t going to write itself

But also remember to take appropriate breaks and take time for yourself!

2 Likes

Did you test FC vs RI? they also seem really close at least on the PTR atm. I am not in Beta so would love a little feedback if possible.

One, never claimed 2h wasnt coming back and everyone who claims I did have shown absolutely nothing. I did say it shouldnt come back if the result is a split spec.

It is just an aesthetic and the mechanics are not different. They attempted to bridge the gap in damage and that is from Blizzard themselves. You still play the spec how it should be played just damage is in different places.

I also didnt say we were saying the same thing, just that the pool of information that we were pulling from was the same pool. Unless there are interactions taking place that arent listed, thats the only thing that the beta is good for. Its really easy to do damage calculations when the resource system is the same between weapons.

And lastly, I have done nothing that warrants a report or a ban, you just dont like the information and character bash like so many other people while contributing absolutely nothing to any conversation. History is repeating itself because this happened before when your group just went away and there could actually be conversations. Now that you guys are back threads are in threat of being locked, you guys are getting banned again, blaming me for mass flagging with alts,

Have fun with your ban.

You literally did. You should play a rogue since you try and dodge so much.

Says the mechanics aren’t different but they prefer different builds and damage is in different abilities but yeah, totally the same!

Bro. The beta and PTR are two different beasts. You have access to covenant abilities on Beta. You’re missing passives that come from leveling through shadowlands. You’re missing legendaries that you acquire at 60.

They aren’t the same pool of information. This again goes hand in hand with you just materializing nonsense out of thin air.

Edit: I read your second response I quoted. Lol. You say it’s just an aesthetic but they “attempted to bridge the gap in damage.” Then…it isn’t an aesthetic. It’s a difference in weapons and playstyles. You contradict yourself not even two sentences later.

7 Likes

Where did I claim it? Each time you guys try to quote me saying it it doesnt say “2h shouldnt come back” and its something taken out of context completely.

Preferring different builds is not changing the mechanics of the spec. It also depends on the covenant you take what build you go so they could end up being the same build with very minor differences.

Yeah, you are missing stuff on the PTR which is prepatch… I dont even know where you got this from other than just a complete and total assumption.

Yes, they are trying to make it just an aesthetic. Like they did with Fury with 1h weapons.

And what nonsense? Funny how you guys say its nonsense but dont show anything for it and just want to character bash for it. You say I derail threads but here you guys are coming in derailing a thread with character bashing.

There are things in the spec that favor DW that these changes aim to fix right? Increased KM procs which is what the increased chance for 2h auto crits is addressing which makes it better, and then the 25% damage on obliterate when using a 2h which is meant to address the second runeforge that DW has access too. Tell me how this is different mechanics. Your auto attack crits still proc KM and on an on and on. The only thing that really changes things up with Breath which removes other runic power spenders for the duration.

Going to start with that soon. Excited to talk about 2H and more!

14 Likes

inb4 “oUt Of coNtexT!”

8 Likes

Just tested it out. Appears that Fallen Crusader is still in fact better than razorice by a large margin. Had roughly 60% uptime and the top crit range for obliterate was 6.3k as opposed to 5700 with razorice. Perhaps razorice isnt benefitting obliterate? Ill run some more tests

1 Like

Tbf they should just get rid of DW then. These problems came about when they thematically ruined Frost Death Knights by catering to the weak Dual Wield Crowd. Make it a 2H only spec again and problem solved.

8 Likes

DW wasnt weak… didnt 2h just get a buff because it was mechanically inferior to DW?

1 Like

The people who wanted DW are weak, the fact that Blizzard even caved and brought it in as Frosts main spec is an absolute joke. Wouldn’t have this issue if they just didn’t bother with that rubbish.

1 Like

Alright, go back to Wrath and make that complaint.

dude stop what you are doing isnt helping

thanks everyone else for all the work into working out what 2h will be like so far

razorice appears to not be giving any damage bonus to obliterate when it procs killing machine. Unsure if this is a bug or intended. If that is the case, fallen crusader is by far the best rune enchant.

Necrotic aura seems to affect it though.

1 Like