Might of the Frozen Wastes is back

I think I already stated that razorice gain is comparable to fallen crusader. Frost damage ranges between 65 and 80%, making the total damage increase from Razorice between ~10% and ~12%. This can be compared to an effective strength gain from fallen crusader of 9%+ (60% uptime).

1 Like

Ah yeah, I suppose so. Still, would be neat to see a good synergy amongst talents to support a potentially heavy hitting 2H style!

I think the damage increase on Obliterate from MotFW multiplies with the strength you gain from PoF and FC. Even more so of a multiplier from RI since RI itself is a multiplier which is kinda raised me another question that FC is a good contender above RI.

Doesn’t KM58 increases the weight of RI though? Like RI is basically 15% more frost damage at all times? How is it comparable to FC exactly?

Not that I’m being confrontational and disagreeing. I’m genuinely curious if I’m missing something.

There is an ignore feature.
You can click the players profile and mute them for a determined amount of time.

I will say the forums are a lot better not seeing his/her trolling posts looking for attention.

Sadly you can still see their quotes if another player quotes them.

15 Likes

RI should be extra frost damage for all frost based attacks at all times
so long as you apply the stacks. As far as I know, anyway

1 Like

It makes the base damage higher for sure. So say instead of 1000 str, you get 1150 str. So base damage would be 890 for 1000 str, and 1023.5 with 1150str with FC proc. With might that pushes it to 1112.5 and 1279. Thats just base damage. KM rank 2 basically doubles that and you dont have to factor in armor.

Reminder, this is just using attack power % that is on wowhead.

To see what RI would do, you would take 1112.5 times it by 2 since that doesnt have the str increase, and then increase that number by 15% for RI. So thats ~2559 with RI while FC is ~2550.

1 Like

I know, Biceps pointed out that for DW, OH attacks deal half the value with a total of 90% AP Scaling. I’m kinda used to this because WoW tooltip tends to lie to me and make my math pretty much whack.

Makes me wonder if I should stick to DW as Frost now since I made Locutus to be a strength stacking death machine that you do not want to mess with like the Determined Exterminator from Stellaris.

That still doesn’t really answer my question though is that how can people prefer FC over RI for 2h when RI itself is a multiplier towards everything you do as a Frost DK as long as you do Frost damage and KM58 remedies that. I know FC merely increases your strength and everything multiplies off of it but RI just seems like it does more for me. Plus RI just takes ramp up time rather than proc reliant as well as it does a good extra frost damage on White Attacks.

Ignored, Timeframe forever. Finally i can breathe again

6 Likes

These tests are indicating 2h Frost and DW are very close right now (even minus the lvl 58 KM) and, as expected, 2h is way ahead in burst.

This makes me happy.

6 Likes

I’ll look extensively to this video.

EDIT: Hm, interesting that this guy is using Razorice but then again, it’s kinda appropriate since Frostscythe is a strong ability. KM58 will make both of the weapon choices stronger.

2h is gonna have a stronger burst damage coming SL with Obliteration is going to be a solid talent choice.

I’m always on edge when it comes to Hazzed. Has too much history sensationalising stuff.

3 Likes

you sir, receive the ‘knight in shining armor’ badge for day. Thanks for the tip.

3 Likes

RI doesnt count towards everything you do. There will be physical damage obliterates and auto attacks. If Obliterate ends up being 60-70% of 2h? dps then how many of those obliterates are physical damage over the course of a fight. Thats where FC comes in.

Yeah, just figured I would share some actual test data I found, its all relative on the accuracy of the tester, but its better evidence than someone just randomly pulling a number out of thin air to support a bias argument.

1 Like

That’s true

Where exactly is this ignore function. Does it actually block their posts?

It shows that there has been a post but you can’t see it because of the ignore.

2 Likes

I looked in the profile and couldnt find it, where is the button?\

Ah, I see. I forgot that you don’t get KM all the time as 2h.

EDIT: I JUST CONCLUDED THE PREDICTION THAT RI IS BETTER. :frowning:

~Editing due to language | Moderator Faindln~

Just stop for crying out loud

You don’t have beta

You’ve referenced, several times, thet “players on beta have said”, but even ther was a cut and paste from what someone else had said beta players said.

You’re honestly giving third hand information

Just wait until the testing is done and stop freakint out and spamming the thread with the same stuff over and over.

You don’t have anything other than a calculator and wowhead

That’s not enough to continue making these definitive statements

Let those who know and have the data chops to do the work weigh in.

2 Likes