Microsoft Lays Off 1900

That… has nothing to do with this. Good lord.

I’m honestly not surprised. It was bound to happen and I highly doubt it will effect WoW because its a huge cash cow. I imagine a good portion of the layoffs were on the Survival Game, a genre the market is oversaturated with atm.

I wonder if it was canceled due to the success of Palworld?

It was either this or sod token phase 2

This was in the works long before Palworld came out lol

2 Likes

I mean its an oversaturated market with a lot of games now out at once. Blizz probably made a good decision here.

3 Likes

Like the memes say… Surprise, surprise…

The whole point of mergers is to reduce cost and increase profit. Nothing less, nothing more. It’s always about shareholders.

1900 families who might have lost their only income. 1900 families who might end up relying on food banks, shelters, and government aide. 1900 families who might lose their homes, their cars, their retirement savings.

But hey - Microsoft can value each of their 7,429,000,000 shares a penny higher this year. Let’s all go buy some gold to celebrate. /s

6 Likes

It was probably canceled because it had been awhile and they had little to nothing to show for it.

4 Likes

ESO 6 is still in development however.

Palworld is crushing it.

Phenomenal.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

5 Likes

That interim period has basically been all of Dragonflight (I think he became president during the end of Shadowlands). So I think how people generally feel about Dragonflight is how they’d ultimately view him.

1 Like

WoW is an ancient game that is still operating well above expectations for its age. It can’t be “saved” lol. You guys have some weird fantasy notions of how the video game industry works.

No one is going to be able to make it as popular as it was 16 years ago…let alone 8 years ago.

8 Likes

Hearing it’s been “dead” for some time now. Not surprising from a source I know. No confirmation at all, but this was expected it seems.

2 Likes

Tbf, I think he was just president as he was to help transition to Microsoft.

It happens all the time and most recently they were told by the government to “learn to code”. Trust me, not great advice.

That being said, trade skills are WAY more valuable today than any college degree.

3 Likes

hope they at least got rid of most of the troublemakers.

4 Likes

Devs be out full force today XD

1 Like

Well as i wouldnt hold my breath.

Its going to still be good gameplay crap story

Metzen or not.

I feel bad for all the people who lost their jobs. :broken_heart:

I hope they’re able to find new employment where they’ll be happy soon. :dracthyr_heart:

7 Likes

for sure, it was a joke.