Microsoft Lays Off 1900

This bodes well for the future of WoW…right? RIGHT?!?!?

22 Likes

Dang. The biggest things in there are that Mike Ybarra is leaving and the new survival game has been cancelled.

But yeah, with huge changes like that who knows what the means for WoW.

15 Likes

I heard mike left, but did not hear about the survival game being cut!

1 Like

The mere size of all 3 of those makes 1900 next to nothing

6 Likes

And nothing of value is lost.

57 Likes

If you say so. “New” is not always better especially when it comes during a period of cost cutting.

Note: To be clear, Ybarra was not laid off and decided to leave the company.

5 Likes

Everyone thinking Microsoft would be the savior of this game.

63 Likes

Ok.

2 Likes

And I didn’t like Allen Adham leaving or this statement: “shifting some of the people working on it to one of several promising new projects Blizzard has in the early stages of development.”

Well, we’re all still in a wait and see stage. Personally I don’t like this first step announcement.

16 Likes

Warcraft Reforged Culling of Activision Blizzard Campaign When???

All jokes aside,

Holy Sh-

17 Likes

I’m not a Blizzard expert by any means…but doesn’t Allen Adham leaving mean that all of the original Blizzard team is gone?

Update: I just looked it up and I am correct. All 3 founders of Blizzard are no longer part of the company with Adham’s departure.

26 Likes

idk :woman_shrugging:

damn

2 Likes

Whenever valve or riot lay off hundres of hundres of people is fine but when blizzard or microsodt does it … its like a doomsday.

Would not worry at all

8 Likes

A lot fewer resources.

7 Likes

Had they made a label for the survival game yet?..meaning what was its name going to be.

I even said this so many times but nah people thought I was “trolling”

The pro Microsoft fanboys who preached Microsoft would save us are sure quiet now

12 Likes

I mean, has anyone actually counted the number of companies laying people off over these last few months. This is happening everywhere atm and I don’t think much will come of it as it seems to be the excess bloat is being removed from many places.

20 Likes

Leaving a bunch of very young laborer’s, that they don’t have to pay much, that don’t have enough experience yet to do the work the more experienced artist and concept developers had who just got kicked to the curb.

8 Likes

Holy sh

:neutral_face:

4 Likes

As we move forward in 2024, the leadership of Microsoft Gaming and Activision Blizzard is committed to aligning on a strategy and an execution plan with a sustainable cost structure that will support the whole of our growing business.

Blizzard president Mike Ybarra has decided to leave the company.

Allen Adham, Blizzard’s chief design officer, is also leaving the company.

1 Like