Microsoft Lays Off 1900

Drain.
The.
Swamp.

10 Likes

^This.

I don’t like his attitude at all.

1 Like

Who cares about Ybarra leaving? He wasnt good at what he did anyways.

Ardham - sure there is an argument for the last of the guard leaving - but the product under Blizzard has been at its lowest.

4 Likes

How to reach that conclusion from anything in the article?

6 Likes

This only discourages the remaining people

It’s greed

2 Likes

I think in most people’s minds, even though he’s not technically a founder, Metzen is kind of like an honorary founder. If he leaves again though down the line, I can’t think of anyone else who’d people see as representing that original spirit of the company.

Due to the size of the company and different projects, stuff like this can actually mean greater resources too.

The resources going into whatever other projects employed all those people may be substantial, and may be deviated in part to WoW. (We know they’re engaged in am ambitious plan with releasing a trilogy of expansions and keeping a strong pace, so it’s a reasonable possibility).

Some of those cuts could indirectly hit at things touching on WoW too I’m sure, as some parts of the company engage in activities that aren’t game-specific.

3 Likes

New President = New hope.

WoW needs a new direction as the current direction since Legion has been stale.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

8 Likes

plenty of blue collar jobs are seasonal. agriculture, construction, paving, etc.

i keep seeing this. do people actually know what he did?

5 Likes

Im waiting for his thoughts before i have thoughts of my own

As Is tradition

3 Likes

Nobody knows of these were redundant positions after the acquisition or if these were critical personnel. Maybe people who moved away from SoCal and had been working remotely, could be middle management that hadn’t made a real decision in years, or it could be the entire team behind class reworks and player housing, nobody knows.

But, it’s never a good day when 1900 people lose their jobs.

12 Likes

Typical GD

"I’d like to take this opportunity to toss out some “I told you so’s” "

At any moment we should have someone stomping around about the transparency that we are entitled to as well.

:smile:

1 Like

Yes brought us this beautiful game to begin with.

You know the version everyone actually likes and new blizz just milks of nostalgia.

3 Likes

You might end up with boxes of unopened amazon packages waiting for Asmon to deliver his decree from his pulpit.

I rather pontificate on the reality that WoW is going to enter a new golden age as we emerge from the dark ages.

3 Likes

Copium. A lot of copium. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Bummer about the survival game, but ABK needed a shakeup (mostly the A and B, as K seems to get things right). Guess we’ll see how this plays out.

1 Like

What did he do is probably the good question here. All we know from him is that the controversial thing of taking over from the co-president position, the whole carry debacle, and the work from home thing.

I cannot name a notable thing hes done, he felt like a intermin president if anything.

What are you going on about lol. You think having a few companies own the entire world makes for a healthy economy?

These companies are using their wealth to influence policies all over the world that favor them, just making endless profits at the expense of the health of society.

I’m not against having a free market, but there needs to be limits.

6 Likes

Renewed hope that WoW can be saved. Microsoft making the hard decisions to make that reality.

2 Likes

should have made the leggo easier to drop and profited off of the tokens, rookie moves were made.

2 Likes

Look, this is an 8.6% reduction.

It’s horrible because 1900 people lost their jobs. I feel sorry for them and I hope they will get even better jobs very fast in the future. Being unemployed sucks! :frowning:

But if WoW is all you’re worried about, an 8.6% reduction is hardly apocalyptic.

8 Likes