Microsoft Lays Off 1900

marc messenger also got laid off.

he was one of the cinematic directors for wow

1 Like

We are?

Valve has an employee force of 314. They don’t actually lay people off, they keep themselves small for that reason.

Valve just keeps not making people’s games until they quit, like Laidlaw.

They should do something with the Starcraft IP. It doesn’t have to be another RTS but something.

4 Likes

Mostly in upper management. cough ion cough and I bet you 1k gold they didn’t fire him.

2 Likes

Supposedly the head of Microsoft games is a big old-school RTS fan, so I wouldn’t be surprised if this gets bumped up in priority… although it’ll probably have to wait until there’s more room in the budget for growing teams. C’est la vie.

1 Like

Isn’t he allegedly ‘stepping down’ next expansion?

Maybe? But, I think it’s more indicative of a collapsing US economy, or economy in substantial decline. It isn’t just the gaming sector that is hurting or making substantial cuts.

who said that

I recall a Bellular video a while back discussing him stepping down. I thought it was based on something more substantial but can only find rumours based on leaks that have been around for a few years, so perhaps not.

An extremely reliable source, to be sure. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Bellular isn’t the source.

I think they more meant that Bellular isn’t known for sharing their ‘sources’ or giving fully reliable information. More than once he’s been called for sharing rumors as if they were facts.

I wouldn’t hold my breath on it. RTS games have been on a massive decline for a very long time now. Just because the new head honcho was a fan of it doesn’t mean he’s going to let his company waste time and resources to try and rekindle the genre.

Can I please play the new class yet? Do we got new dragon allied races lined up to play the new Evoker class? Or some other way to have access to this class? I’d really liked to play what you have created.

I’m starting to feel like the Simpson skit with the old lady in a wheel chair in front of the nursing home at the car window. Asking if I can come too but instead it’s, “can I come play yet?” Blizzard Entertainment/Homer just rolls up the window on me. At this rate I might actually end up being as old as that lady for any of those changes to be implemented…

I’m wondering on the progress on the rest of the opening up the classes for all races is going too.

Sorry to hear about the lay offs and the cancelled project btw. I understand the frustration on the project. I hope everything is going fine otherwise.

Scumbag suits. :person_facepalming:

1 Like

Blizzard did not need to try and enter the survival game market. There’s like 5 established games as big as WoW in the genre already, and probably 30 medium sized clones. It was clownery for them to have had people working on it. I saw this outcome from the day they mentioned it lol

1 Like

Ahh yes, first it was the boomers, now it’s somehow GenX and Millenials who are the problem too…

A defunct genre is where you can get market share. Everyone tried to tell Blizzard the ARPG genre was dead when they were making Diablo 1. A survival game would just be another HotS. They should be working on Starcraft 3, that’s where they don’t have competition. They considered Starcraft 2 a semi-failure because it was designed in the old ways, and WoW eclipsed it in revenue by adopting the new ways. Making the money takes strategy, and the strategy should now be real time strategy.