Microsoft Lays Off 1900

At this point, if Blizz customized a ChatGPT exclusively to hard diagnose tickets pulling from internal and external web and other sources, it might be better.

The ticket system could even respectfully file your issue under resolved/bugs stuff for others to see. Because at the end of the day, there’s still millions of people playing with potentially hundreds if not thousands of tickets an hour.

Then only escalate game breaking issues up the chain to a real person. I miss speaking with a human, but it’s just our new reality. I miss speaking with CMs…

Sure would beat the 48 hour ticket wait. Only for it to be deleted (happened in one instance) or closed with the response of “figure it out on Wikipedia”

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

1 Like

I sort of agree that done properly, with the years of data to feed the AI it probably would mean a better quality response at the bottom tier, and a much quicker response relevant to the topic of the ticket. No more of those canned auto replies they are fond of using.

4 Likes

You should really take this absolutely pointless and non-productive negativity elsewhere. You’re not helping anything, whatsoever. And you’re not cool for hating Blizzard.

1 Like

You really think that’s going to make for a better game?
Firing everyone, especially those who understand the legacy system and code base, then get a whole bunch of people who know nothing about the scale of the project, existing (old) tools, work policies and such and then deliver something within 3 months?

I’m genuinely glad the average forum goer will never make management decisions.

3 Likes

No. The forum rules remain in place. The Forum Support Agents are not “CS”. They are a separate team and are not going anywhere right now.

Just try not actually breaking the forum rules and it will be just fine.

Correct.

3 Likes

Still celebrating. c: :sparkler: :fireworks: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Template. Picked by a human, currently.

Y’all don’t even know what kind of stygian nightmare getting support is gonna turn into.

2 Likes

So glad I went ahead and got the expansion refunded the other day. I really had a gut feeling this dumpster fire was going to head this direction. Good luck getting gm responses.

I’m still happy as possible that they are shown the door though.

2 Likes

I mean, already this is helpful

No, waiting for 3 days. And again, give it internal powers like answering “am I banned” or “how long is my silence”

“Where is my loot from XYZ mythic plus?” Oh, it seems you d/c…here is your loot in the mail. The end.

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

1 Like

More rumors of game devs being cut…

“What a xxxxxx up day. Half the environment art team cut from OW2, folks I helped hire and train. associate-senior levels looking for work if your teams have openings plop em below.”

Source:

https://twitter.com/Annunziata3D/status/1750622398670622767

I do.

It’s already extremely bad… It can only get worse from here but at least everyone is pretty used to how bad it is.

It hurts more so for the ones that have been around for a while, like myself. When you could call the WoW Support # and speak to a human. Those were the days…

1 Like

Why did they even need an “Environment Art Team” lmao… How useless. They make 1 map a decade for crying out loud. These were needed cuts.

No. First responses are templates, not bots. Templates chosen by GMs. They triage tickets that way. The ones that aren’t game-breaking are given suggestions in a template to make sure all avenues were exhausted first, so that they can focus on the people who cannot even play the game. Resubmit and you get the GM without the template.

3 Likes

I think it’s hilarious that you think that these aren’t already the template-style responses that people are getting and flipping out about how they’re not being SUPPORTED with flailing Kermit-arms because the loot they were trying to get wasn’t automatically put in their bag on filing a ticket.

Or that an AI will grant someone loot from a D/C instead of quoting back the entire response above again like it didn’t give it the first time and it isn’t relevant.

The phone lines were never for calling the GMs about game support, to complain about the game, for loot scams, for lost loot, because people didn’t know how to progress in quests, to dispute bans, because their account got hacked, or for any other number of things, and the fact that people called their phone lines anyway for those things are why they stopped having phone lines.

2 Likes

I don’t play OW so I have no clue…just posting info as I see it.

This was never mentioned anywhere at any time in 2007, ever. I only used the phone line one time, and it was to verify my account.

I took it upon myself to look up the old Vanilla manual and this is mentioned: “Billing and Account Services: (800) 59-BLIZZARD”. I supposed this could be misconstrued as a helpline? Either way I used it for account services, but people are dumb so :l

I don’t care if it’s a bot or a template. It was lazy.

And honestly, outsourced customer support are some of the most hard working people I’ve talked to on places like Amazon.

I’d rather have people in another country who are doing a good job get paid than someone in America copy/pasting replies.

You can call me a bad person for that, but god forbid I expect people to do the job they’re paid to do.

And unlike you, most people would be happy to wait a little longer for a ticket response from an actual human.

2 Likes

Having worked as Blizzard CS, I can tell you you have no idea how many tickets are made every single day. If we didn’t make and use templates, you would be waiting much longer for replies.

5 Likes

I am seeing some other art team folks for other games cut too. It is possible they will be using existing MS art teams to provide services for multiple games.

:frowning:

Are you intentionally just joking or something? That shows such an immense lack of understanding about what that job entails. You can play in a white cube if you want, but most of us prefer actually having terrain, and all the other art assets that populate the game worlds.

8 Likes

Yeah… The game is dead, actively dying further. Look at all those new maps they released!! Oh wait kekw. Waste of resources and money.

#CutAnother1900

3 Likes