Microsoft Lays Off 1900

This sucks, but just kinda looking at it doesn’t seem like anyone from the wow team was cut. Looks like mostly overwatch and the “unannounced survival game” was hit. Hate to see this happen.

Someone claimed the WoW team was hit, but I have yet to see any proof of it. We may have to wait until Monday for a news report from an “unnamed source” to get further details.

2 Likes

someone on the lore team for wow got cleaved

1 Like

Maybe it does, time will tell.

Was it Metzen? Honestly if it turned out to be Danuser I wouldn’t be disappointed in that case.

2 Likes

no some nobody and they said multiple others also got cut

1 Like

There’s conflicting reports all over the place. Twitter is a minefield right now.

So far in the last ten minutes I’ve seen:

WoW Customer Support is axed.

Entire Overwatch team gone.

Diablo team gutted.

Ion Fired

WoW shut down in 3 months

And the real doosy: Elder Scrolls and World of Warcraft merging in TWW Prepatch.

It’s best to wait for official word.

3 Likes

Bidenomics: “employment is up, unemployment is down”

Reality: tech sector getting guttered, people losing jobs across the board.

Well played America

5 Likes

The economy has a lot to do with it

2 Likes

This kind of thing doesn’t ever have more “official word” than the statement Microsoft already released.

Yeah, certainly has nothing to do with corporations being allowed to run rampant on the coattails of the pandemic thus giving them the confidence to double down on their greed. We can all just pretend shareholder appeasement isn’t actually the #1 driving force behind this in 2024.

3 Likes

Meanwhile where I’m at, pay keeps going up and up because every company around here can’t find anyone lol.

Tech companies dropping people after chasing “the next big thing” and then falling flat on their faces doesn’t mean much lol.

1 Like

Yes and no. Company employees will usually update their social media pages after leaving a company. As well as certain employment and job listings will also be updated. So while We may not get a full list. We’ll likely know more in a week or two.

1 Like

2 Likes

I can assume without much risk that an 8% reduction in staff will not result in such major cancelations and closures. People love to get their knickers in a twist.

Oh yeah. It’s Wild The rumors that are going around. Twitter and Discord servers are nuts right now.

2 Likes

yes 100% we can

100% the biggest political issue in America for 2024 and neither party is talking about the W2 vs Shareholder war. Pols should be feasting but they won’t touch something their super PACs don’t care for. If they even mention “greedflation” I’ll be surprised.

5 Likes

ROFLMAO :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah it’s…weird. The rumors are getting nuts. It’ll calm down in a few days…maybe.

WoW token prevents RMT ybarra is gone? Good riddance.

3 Likes