Microsoft Lays Off 1900

maybe they can get the mods out put Ai in.

You are not a scrub. You are a handsome Dragon. :dracthyr_crylaugh:. Casual yes. Scrub? Me thinks not

3 Likes

This is wonderful-
what about his boosters are they cut aswell lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yeah no they were given the option resign with dignity lol they’re not quitting. No one walks away from the kind of money they were making.

2 Likes

It also probably would have been yet another live service game with a battle pass system, probably pushing 6-8 seasons a year and synced to Overwatch 2 and CoD seasons for some reason.

Oof.

Hell of a blow with Palworld doing as well as it has.

It’s events like these that made me glad I didn’t pursue a career in game design.

1 Like

It’s funny how much people trying to throw him under the bus with this one.

1. Its okay considering it was gold

2. All the nerds that are reaming him about it, probably done it them selves once or twice.

3. Could of even done it for $$. Instead of gold like Mike.

4. Can you blame him when that’s all there is in this game?

i think ima try out palworld it looks fun

2 Likes

Did anyone thing Blizzard would look the same after the buyout?

1 Like

Its alright.

Lots of resource management combined with critter hunting.

Oddly it gets better once your base gets more established.

1 Like

I’m not clicking on that…is whatever this is posted anywhere legitimate?

It’s a twitter link.

2 Likes

Yeah, Twitter is a malicious site…not going there. It’s blocked from my network anyway.

1 Like

I mean, you’re not wrong. But it is an official Social Media page for Holly.

4 Likes

Hard for me to disagree

The only way I’d consider it even remotely “safe” to go to Twitter is a secure browser on a virtual machine, behind a VPN.

1 Like

Again, fair. But the previous gives you a good idea of what Holly posted in regards to the layoffs.

do you not even go to sleep at night because somewhere in town there might be a shooting

4 Likes

Yes, I can say with absolute certainty that wow will not be ported to Xbox.

3 Likes

Now people will hopefully understand the following points.

1. Don’t move to a new location for your desired job without understanding the local economy and cost of living.
  2. Don’t spend all of your money on cost of living. You should be spending half and saving half.
  3. Don’t settle on any particular job . The problem is you get comfortable it becomes dangerous.
  4. Be assertive and well informed on your particular career. The more indifferent or distracted you are the harder it is to sell the you.
  5. If a job feels too good to be true then it is. Don’t plan your life around it.
  6. Observe all the problems people create for themselves when the money gets better. The more you own the more which owns you.
  7. If we want the industry to change it has to happen from the ground up. Too many companies have it easy. Especially this one which attracted a lot of talent for subpar pay. Just say no. Even if it means living with the parents a bit longer.

Lastly, don’t overlook AI. Everyone talks about how AI is going to erase our jobs. What people don’t realize is AI deleverages employees too. You don’t need an annual budget to employ hundreds of other people if AI is doing the hard work for you. If you have awesome ideas you should explore the potential AI work that can cut your labor immensely.

It’s customary for new owners to cut staff and restructure companies they purchase. The primary reason is to show the stakeholders / shareholders that they are making positive changes for the future. The only thing shareholders care about is stock performance. So quarterly reports will show an increase in revenue as less people are being paid. That affects stock price.

You can never be certain that you will always have the same boss or manager. Life happens. I’ve been in places that were awesome and one retired owner away from a clown show. Just be ready for it always.

4 Likes