Microsoft Lays Off 1900

Nobody knows. He quit before we could find out. :melting_face:

1 Like

WoW Forums 2023 - "Microsoft will save us!

Microsoft 2024…

2 Likes

so… probably none at all, but you’re going to carry on assuming it was lucrative?

2 Likes

I still firmly believe they will. The only thing that could save blizzard from blizzard is, well, not blizzard.

1 Like

He talked about it in a tweet

2 Likes

I was being goofy. Of course, a man of that caliber would never do such a thing.

yes, once. he said his guild is selling a carry run. is he the guild leader? was he actually in that run? did he share in the profits?

2 Likes

Survival by amputation…

Amputate the infected appendage. Lol

I bet they didn’t even need to do this, they just like destroying lives.

Maybe fire someone that actually deserves it, oh wait this company keeps the abusers… sad

maybe Mike can sell carries for a living!

I had a feeling that survival game was going to get the axe. I said when it first got announced it was being worked on that it was entering a saturated market and knowing how live service games, which this most certainly would have been, have been getting killed all over the place, it wouldn’t have done well lol.

1 Like

Of the 1900 the majority of those layoffs are likely in Administrative positions (Payroll, Accounting, etc) as Microsoft will already be providing those positions.

It sucks but it’s not unexpected for admin roles to be axed as they are unneeded/duplicate roles.

3 Likes

You seem great at parties. “Hey want a slice of cake?” “I bet this cake was made by homeless orphans!”

So far we have seen Tweets saying that it included the entire Survival Game Team and a lot of Blizzard customer service, but it’s hard to say the exact numbers from those 2 groups.

1 Like

Ya, and it’s not surprising the market is saturated with survival games right now and we haven’t really heard more about the game at all.

It’s not surprising the projected was axed and we probably wouldn’t have even known about it if it weren’t for leaks. Projects get axed all the time.

1 Like

When I think of people most likely needing to sell carries for gold it’s…top level executives who could buy millions of gold with a single hour of pay?

4 Likes

I’m just saying it is more than just admin positions like your original post claimed. It included some development employees as well…but again, we don’t know any exact numbers.

Yup, but I would expect most of the 1900 to be Admin roles (in my post I said the majority not all). Microsoft doesn’t need ABK’s Accounting, Payroll, HR, Certain Customer Support Roles (as Microsoft outsources it via contracts), etc.

Alot of the staff at gaming companies aren’t devs but Admin roles.

It sucks that 1900 are being laid off but its not unexpected with redundant roles after a merger.

1 Like

what the heck is going on in the gaming industry?

1 Like