Method officially got Jaina world first

Unfortunately for them their opinions are irrelevant as most people find esports to be laughable. Especially esports involving WOW.

3 Likes

I feel bad saying this and I’m not sure why but I’ll be rooting for anyone else but Method for future races. The only reason this race was entertaining was because of Limit. I will say that I don’t care if Method is this and Limit is that. Personally (don’t know if anyone else feels this way) I think of gamers as gamers. Like we are our own type of nationality. Us vs the world, one pixel at a time lol.
Maybe it’s just more fun to cheer for the underdog.

1 Like

I always wonder how much companies pay people to attend these events and pretend to be fans. If you go to Blizzard events for PVP tournaments you find dozens upon dozens of people with Method posters, jerseys. I wonder how many of these people just answered a casting calling on Craigslist or something. There can’t possibly be this many people who’d act excited about a WOW PVP tournament.

3 Likes

Luckily I missed that. That is pretty crappy.

Nope, it’s not a hall of fame achievement. Partially due to the fact that regions are not released simultaneously

Blizzard doesn’t officially have anything to do with the WF race. They did tweet a congrats to Methodgg, however that is it.

This. Europoors don’t work as many hours as Americans so they dedicate more time to hobby’s and like he said cant let the sponsors succumb to 2nd place

1 Like

Nah. That’s just one of those false beliefs carried over from the 20th century.

See: `https://data.oecd.org/emp/hours-worked.htm’

Method won because they are paid professionals. As I said, like the '92 Dream Team vs. every other non-USA amateur/semi-pro basketball team in the 1992 Olympics. Serious professionals will beat serious amateurs and semi-pros almost every time.

4 Likes
2 Likes

There’s no Alliance race that converts to Blood Elf, so no, it didn’t fix overpowered Blood Elf racials at all.

1 Like

That’s not even a question. The real question is who is the first Alliance to…

Oh, never mind. Still waiting a few weeks.

1 Like

And Method was working with their fan base to give every Method member his own Heroic clear with all the fans funneling their gear to the Method member, not to mention scouring all the EU realm auction houses for BOE 405+ gear. Limit didn’t have the sponsorship money/gold for that, so they settled for a couple extra faction change pieces per member, but I’m betting Method’s gear was better.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Human Paladin, Night Elf Demon Hunter, and Gnome Monk all change to Blood Elf.

Actually, I read that at the start of the race when mythic opened up, Limit had an ilvl advantage of just over 3 points when comparing the two teams. Regardless, it’s insane what the two guilds did to get an advantage over each other. If the goal was to create more excitement about the world first race, they accomplished it. This is the first one that I even paid attention to. I do wish that Limit had streamed it as well…I believe that was the main reason I was rooting for Method during the race. It created a lot of excitement being able to watch all of those close wipes the last couple of days.

3 Likes

I’m unaware of European countries that give out basic income. Which ones do that?

2 Likes

Finland is currently testing it out I believe.

Exactly, small scale “testing” so the notion that in NA we have to work and the EU does not is BS and clearly not a factor in why EU is ahead of NA in the WF race. My husband is from the EU and wanted to be sure everyone is aware he has been a hard working person since he was 16 and the notion that everything in the EU is a hand out is false.

2 Likes

Lol so blizz thought people would split the elemental up and instead they just ignore it, then they “fix” it.
I hate when they change the fight after method does it.

1 Like

What sucks is we have to wait for ONE HUNDRED ALLIANCE guilds to kill it before we can pug mythic.

Which is a very few select race/class combinations, not any entire race, so they comprise an order of magnitude smaller proportion of the population.