Meta slaves suck

I’d have thought players in pickup group 20+ would avoid enough damage to allow for 0 healer keys… in certain affixes ofc. But for most part you can self heal / support your tank in open globals on lower keys as a dps, and the sweaty number pressing dies a bit when there are 4 specd in the group.

oh man got into a 21 mists last night…tank passed on a 3k druid because he didn’t want a healer that “does no damage”. Someone mentioned catweaving and he was like “there are no good druids”

I cannot make this up, he then proceeded to try to do the WO skip up front by running directly through the tree with the eye. This wasted about 5 min as he also didn’t have invis pots and died twice trying to get to the 2 of us that made it

3 Likes

Was having issues trying to get to 3k on druid, literally had to swap to shaman to push keys, its a joke at this point.

Of the best healers I played with on my way to 3k, I count 2 shamans, a paladin, a holy priest, a disc priest, and 2 druids. This may be a terrible metric, but the one I used was how hard I had to work to keep myself alive over the course of tanking the dungeon. My conclusion is the quality of the player is way more important than the quality of the class with regards to healing.

7 Likes

I find that if you run your own key, perform well, and are personable, players will generally overlook your class/spec. Ultimately you will be able to build a nice community of friends to run with pretty quickly and no longer have to rely on random pug invites!

2 Likes

I made this post and am 3404 as an rduid. I would agree it takes much more skill to do dps as a druid compared to say a resto sham. But i’m doing between 4-6k which is decent in pugs. The mentality you describe though is why I even made the post to begin with x) I know I’m a better player than some of these meta players around my score but I love playing a druid and I wouldn’t spend hours grinding another character to even begin with (time to fully level another character is like a full time job).

1 Like

I feel the same way about prot paladin (in a slightly lower bracket), I do usually have an alt to play on when I stagnate for some reason, but I don’t think class matter til the top anyway and I’m incredibly unlikely to reach that point.

I agree with you OP, this really does suck… there’s not much difference in someone with an IO of 2700 and someone with an IO of 3000, so waiting for the perfect class and highest IO seems silly.

Having said that, I don’t think it’s super simple and so I’d like to offer an alternative perspective.

Every time you form a pug it’s a risk. You don’t know these people. You don’t know if they’re good at their class, if they got a carry, if they’re going to communicate, or if they will get tilted if you don’t follow their route. Being a meta slave, preferring classes that are perceived to be stronger and higher IO, could very well be that group leader mitigating risk, hoping for a more successful run.

I have a hard time faulting people for that actually. Especially when, and forgive me for the cliché, you’re free to run your own key and invite whoever you like. That option is always available to you and I’ve found filling keys, especially higher ones when you already have high rating, goes very quickly.

1 Like

RIP warrior in high keys
You can be a great player but warrior damage just can’t compete with lock, hunter, etc.

3 Likes

I’m 273 and 2280 io, and get declined for +2s and +3s. /shrug

Stop blaming the players for blizzards non existent class tuning.

1 Like

Cmon man this is too much lmao

1 Like

So update. On one of the best weeks bursting/storming, I have yet to be invited to a 24-25 key. It is already saturday LOL. Imagineee that

It is what it is. I’ve been F5’ing and applying to groups for around 10 hours each day since tuesday and I might get to do 2 keys the entire day. There’s always someone better than you in the queue, you just have to deal with it.

Druids are perfectly good healers, they are probably just looking for a dedicated lust. Queue with a Hunter / Mage of similar IO and you’ll be fine - or just push your own key. 24-25 range keys are typically comp based, so having dedicated lust / dispel classes is kinda a must.

“Pretty good healers” when it comes to healing of course (that’s why they are very strong in raid) but at this point in M+ both healing and dps are required (I feel like more dps) and that added to the utility that each one has… however, when it comes to amount of utility, rshammy and priest win, dps wins with rshammy and priest, and when it comes to healing, priest and Rdruid win. Unfortunately, just like the monk and paladin, the druid has a somewhat complicated rotation to do dps since he must be changing form every moment to heal and that he gets GCD (1.5-2sec) and even if he has dots as “Sunfire” it cannot be compared in anything to the powers of the other healers to do passive dps and the covenants do not help… that is why and apart from the lust or dispell/mass dispell is that the druids together with others they are not very wanted or required since as I said it requires a medium to low skill to heal but when it comes to dps you require a medium to high skill for it.

Druids are ranked high third in M+. They pull somewhat comparable dps as the other 2 meta options. They aren’t mistweaver who trails.

4th to be exact, the paladins have more consideration and in this way they would occupy the 3rd place with their damage that is much higher and stable (apart from their burst window) together with their utility kit (Auras and immunes for example ) in the case of the druid it does not contribute almost anything (at most roots and speed because the brez is easily done by a dk meta or warlock and Soothe vs the SV hunter)

You can go check the rankings whenever you like. You don’t have to guess. Subcreation keeps track of log and leader board info and ranks the healers for each week. They are third, in A tier, with paladin in 4th.

1 Like

I rely on both the warcraftlogs and the number of paladins and druids in raider .io you can check too, mostly apart from the number of stones made I focus on the highest keys.

Even so, I am surprised by the great healing and damage performance of the priest and rshammy (good in healing only of the priest) together with its great kit of utilities that are required at almost all times… in short, I hope that this will be fixed soon, otherwise it will be a problem to compete against so many utilities and such high performance along with a simple rotation (at least we will kick something is something)

1 Like