Meta slaves suck

There’s a plague of damage players joining 20s that are 2k dps below me. It’s pretty disheartening.

1 Like

Well, my horde druid is only 238 but I’m sure I could pull out 6-8k per key. Maybe I should be signing up to 20’s :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, uh, I do between 12 and 14k… :expressionless:

Edit: should say in some dungeons. ST dungeons or with miserable damage I hover around 9.

Well, you’re doing a lot better than the rest of tanks I’ve been running with. It would seem around 8-10 is normal even for 3k+ io tanks.

Good genetics, I guess. A bunch of 3k players took on MotS 15 and I got 14k. Yesterday’s 20 MotS was 12. Got 11 in DoS 20. I’ve been experimenting with builds. :man_shrugging:

Well when you find something that works you’re going to have to let everyone else in on it. The paladin I run with doing 16’s-17’s while 10 ilvl lower than you is only pulling about half of that. What’s your overall healing looking like?

Around 7k. I run judgment of light. Some pulls I do 12k hps. Healer just blasts dps. Healers overall is around 6k (shaman). My current experiment is 22 haste/30 mastery/21 vers

Let’s see, she’s sitting at 30 haste, 25 mastery and only 12 verse. Her ilvl isn’t as low as I thought it was either, she’s up to 267. She’s running first technique and sigil, we can’t get a scale to drop for her regardless of how many dos we run. Like I said though, her dps is pretty low, her healing is only like 2.5k as well. I’m referring to overall, guess I should start looking at individual pulls to try and help her further. I’m doing as much dps as I can but err…resto druid problems lol.

1 Like

I wouldn’t stack that much haste for dungeons. Shield resets and 4pc/double leggo cover the HP. I stick to 25 in my faster build and 22 on my slower/bulk build. Having higher vers will increase the shield absorb, higher mastery will increase block chance and AP. I don’t gain any value past 30% mastery though.

Outside that, it’s shield > judge in aoe make sure conc stays down try to use sotr when you have 5 stacks on the legendary.

As always, hard to tell without seeing.

Right, I’ll probably end up having to log / record gameplay to see what the deal is. She’s not a new player but just started prot paladin / tanking as a whole this tier. Advice is definitely appreciated and I’ll pass it along. How often are you using wog? Just in procs? When your health dips? She’s been using it more and I’m not sure if she’s sacrificing sheild for it or not. I outgear 16s and 17s by a bit it feels like so I can heal her right through it but like I said her hps/dps is lacking pretty hard and threat has been an issue

With a rdrood, I probably wouldn’t need it often. But generally when my health drops. I do most of my own healing throughout a key, that said, I don’t take much damage, even in 20s.

Ok so probably my best bet would just be to log so I can see what she’s doing in terms of her rotation.

If you need a point of comparison, I have a few logs from 20s uploaded. Not many are super late season and I’m about to start a side by side log to compare my builds soon.

1 Like

I’m right around that ilvl (264) and I do about 10k-11k overall, more with a group that actually puts out damage and the mobs die faster.

But I know without seeing logs where she can pick up more dps. The righteous fury legendary empowers SotR after avenger’s shield. She’s probably overlapping (aka throwing away the buff) Avenger’s Shields.

Basically, Divine Toll → SotR → Avenger’s Shield → SotR → build 2 HP and wait for the Unity (divine resonance) legendary shoot out it’s Avenger’s Shield → SotR → repeat x2 more

Throwing out shield and consuming the Divine Resonance proc from Divine Toll is wasting the legendary buff. Trinket, wings, consecrate go down, divine toll goes out and the “rotation” begins.

Only need to WoG if health is low. Healing is reactive, defensive CD’s are proactive. She should be using defensives in anticipation of big damage and using Holy Power on dps. Also, consecrated ground talent is amazing for mitigation damage by just back stepping while you tank.

1 Like

I’ll pass the information along, thanks.

I resubbed today because I’ve been itching to do keys for awhile. I sat in queue for almost 30 minutes getting declined to every single key in the system, even +0’s.

“Just make your own group lul” - Clueless Forum Andy

I did, nobody signed up, for 10 minutes so I started queueing for groups.

Anyways, eventually got into a +0. I’m 236 on my Mage, good for whenever I played last. Whole group is 250-260+, I think the tank was like 267 or almost 270.

I put up some brutal numbers, 7.2k overall, next highest was 5.2k from the DK. Everyone died on the last boss except me, and I managed to stay alive (last boss of NW) by abusing alter time and blink to avoid the root / barrage combo.

Dude flat-out removes me from the group after the key because they were going to do a +2, I asked nicely if I could come along with them and he told me my ilvl was too low.

I just did 2k more than anyone in your group and you’re going to tell me my ilvl is too low to come to your +2 key? What?

The key community and the raw toxic elitism that has permeated it, plus the lack of any form of action or care from Blizzard, is the reason why my $15 mistake in come back is the last $15 I will spend on this game.

“Play with friends” - nobody I know plays the game anymore.

“Make your own groups” - read above.

1 Like

Neither of these things accurately describe +2. Nothing elite and that’s not part of the community.

1 Like

So I read above and it didn’t answer any of my questions.

People don’t care about 0’s unless it’s mythic dungeon week. Throw a key in group finder, you’ll get it filled. I pugged all day yesterday by using my own key between +8 and +13 and I think the longest I spent waiting for group members was 10-15 minutes (and I was even being picky) and that was during daytime hours. Prime time it’s even faster. I play alliance too so a marginally smaller player pool.

The attitude of 4 people (which was likely just the one) doesn’t reflect the m+ community as a whole. I invite people as low as 220 for 2’s (it can be done much much lower, but you can get free gear from ZM at 226, so at least you’ve shown some kind of initiative is my thought process) and I have invited as low as 250ish for 15’s just because I know it’s doable because I’ve done it. Will I take someone higher if they apply instead? Um…yeah, I’m going to try and go with the path to least resistance but ilvl certainly isn’t everything in keys. My point is I get to make those decisions because I run my own groups and as you’re gearing up / getting a rating, as should you. Now my alts are all in the 1500 range and my main is at 2600 I can freely apply to more groups and have a reasonable expectation of being accepted to some of them. Just don’t take a decline personally. I’ll never say we have the best community and every corner of WoW’s community has a lot of room to improve, but it’s not nearly as bad as you’re projecting.

Not going to take a level 11 forum alt seriously

I can promise I’ve been in the key community a lot longer than you have without even having to ask, and I can tell you with absolute certainty that Slands is the worst it’s ever been for elitism.

End point.

1 Like

The irony from someone crying about elitism…

I started running keys in BFA s1. Certainly not the longest of times, but long enough to know what I’m talking about. And again, your attitude is pretty humorous when you’re referring to the elitism in the game when I’m trying to come at you with a positive attitude. So please, for all of our sake, quit giving blizz that $15 and we’ll see you…never.

1 Like