Merging two accounts

Hello!

I got a bit of a complicated situation here.

I got a BFA account with my wow achievements, heirlooms, pets etc. That account also has overwatch and diablo.

I got another account with my overwatch skins I spent a lot of money on, a diablo and wow starter.

I want to buy blizzcon ticket to get overwatch skins for my overwatch account.

I also want my BFA account to get the wow items the ticket will unlock.

To achieve that outcome I want to merge my wow starter acc under my overwatch (the one with my overwatch skins) with my bfa account (so that i dont lose my wow stuff).

If I do that I will be able to get both the skins for my overwatch and share the wow unlockables with my BFA acc.

Is it possible? Is there a way to achieve this?

Apologies for the formatting, but it sounds like you have 2 Blizzard accounts that are broken down by:

Blizzard Account A:

Blizzard Account B:

• World of Warcraft: BfA
    • Pets
    • Mounts
    • Heirlooms
    • Achievements
  • Overwatch
  • Diablo
  • Overwatch
    • Skins
  • Diablo Starter(?)
  • WoW Starter

It is not possible to combine two World of Warcraft accounts into a single World of Warcraft account. What you would need to do is designate a primary Blizzard account, and contact Customer Support to move games between them.

Keep in mind that not all games can be moved though. As explained here.

Cannot be Moved:

Blizzard Balance, unclaimed gifts or WoW tokens, and the following game accounts can never be moved:

• Overwatch
  • Heroes of the Storm
  • Classic Games (StarCraft, WarCraft III, Diablo II)
  • Call of Duty

So you cannot move Overwatch from Blizzard Account B to Blizzard Account A. You can only choose to move World of Warcraft: BfA from Blizzard Account A to Blizzard Account B. The end result would look like:

Blizzard Account A:

Blizzard Account B:

• Overwatch
  • Diablo
  • World of Warcraft: BfA
  • Overwatch
    • Skins
  • Diablo Starter(?)
  • WoW Starter

If your Diablo account on B is a starter, it can be removed and your full Diablo account can be moved over to B as well.

Very important! Make sure you know about what will happen to your WoW: BfA account if you do decide to consolidate your Blizzard accounts –

World of Warcraft

Each Blizzard account supports up to eight World of Warcraft accounts. We can move a World of Warcraft game account to another Blizzard account if all accounts are registered to the same account holder. These moves are not reversible, and some accounts are not eligible.

Each World of Warcraft account contains its own characters and requires a separate paid subscription. Aside from the character transfer service, which can move characters between accounts, there is no way to merge progress from multiple accounts.

If the World of Warcraft account region does not match the Blizzard account region, World of Warcraft tokens will not be available from the shop. Tokens purchased from the Auction House can only be redeemed for game time.

Transfer Effects

Will move Will not move
Game account and expansions Unused character boosts
All characters and their inventory, bank and void storage Items in the Collections Journal including mounts, pets, toys, wardrobe items, and heirlooms
Character-specific achievements Account-bound achievements
Gold and other currencies Honor Level
Game time

============================

If you do go through with the consolidation, and have everything on Blizzard Account B - you will then buy your Virtual Ticket using Blizzard Account B.

You’re right - it’s very complicated. But I hope this helps you make an informed decision!

6 Likes

Thank you for your very informative and dedicated reply!

So if I move BFA from account A to account B i lose all my pets, mounts achievements and vice versa…

Any chance a gm can manually unlock these things for me in both accounts? Can I get individual codes for every unlockable item?

No.

They are account bound by design.

4 Likes

Yes I want to unlock and bound them to their respective accounts, thank you.

So can a gm do that for me? Or can I get some codes?

No, a GM cannot do that for you. They can’t be moved and they are not able to replicate them on a different battle.net account.

You would be giving them up.

4 Likes

Sorry

/10 char

1 Like

No, I’m sorry. That’s part of why I wanted to be as detailed as I was in my post. There’s not really going to be a clean way to accomplish everything you’re looking to do here.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, Wulfgarthen, in order to gain the perks of the Blizzcon goodies on two unique Battle.​net accounts, you would need to purchase a separate virtual ticket on each of them.

2 Likes

So what do you mean by account holder? is it the person that pays for both accounts? Do they have to be under the same email? Is it that the accounts are paid from the same card? Being under the same email doesn’t make sense because if you try to use an email associated with your new account it will fail saying there is already an account with that email. Also if I purchased epic expansions from one account will they transfer too? I guess this question goes for everything I have purchased from the in game shop.

1 Like

Account holder means whose name is on the account. You may only access an account in your name (with exception of 1 of your minor children). Spouses/friends/partners/etc. may not share accounts. Each Blizzard account is registered to 1 person.

It does not matter who pays for an account, it only matters whose name is on the account.

3 Likes

Ok, now if I had children and they used it till they were no longer a minor but it was still in my name does that count? Or says if a parent dies and they willed their account to me does that make me the account holder? Also, do things purchased from the in game store transfer like pets and mounts and epic items purchased with expansions?

The child should then in reality get there own account otherwise it’s is considered account sharing and that is in violation of the terms of use. Most in game items are bound to that wow account, some are blizzard bound but not many. Also next time please start your own thread instead of practicing necromancy on a thread that is well over a year old.

1 Like

This one is a little more complicated as it also depends on how you originally set them up.

• If they had a WoW account under your battle.net and you’re looking to move that whole account to a new battle.net under their name, nothing that is account bound would move. That includes mounts/pets/achievements as well as store purchases. Those would all stay under the original account.
  • If they had a separate battle.net account under your name and you just want to switch it to their name, then nothing is lost. This is also how Blizzard recommends parents setup accounts for their kids. Changing the first name on the account is simple and can be done through the account management section of the site.

Since we do not own our accounts, it’s not something that can be “willed” to someone else. Blizzard is the sole owner of the account, we just rent it from them. In some rare cases, Blizz has been known to help change the registered account holder for these, but it would require legal documentation to back it up.

8 Likes

If I merged my two accounts together and then transferred characters between them would it share the collection items?

A character transfer would be moot to your question. Once you merged a wow license to your battle net account, you would share anything on that account, however most stuff on the original bnet account will remain their.

So you would want to consider which battle net account you have that has the most to lose.

3 Likes

There is one caveat…

If a very old WoW license has never been part of a battle.net account, you can have it added to any existing battle.net account and collection items in the old WoW account will be then become bound to the battle.net account.

That was set up for initially moving WoW licenses to battle.net. Nowadays, it needs to be done via a support ticket as there are practically no wow licenses that are still not part of a battle.net account.

3 Likes