Reinstate combining of accounts owned by same person

Greetings,

I am trying to get help putting an original retail game on the same account as the currently played WotLK Classic game. There was this post in 2019 Merging two accounts - #2 by Kalviery
where it was indicated that such a move could be done to combine 2 accounts owned by the same person, as long as it was an entire game that was being moved & not an attempt to merge to copies of the same game.

The issue comes in when following the link within that post, it goes to a page that says it cannot be done despite it having obviously being done back in 2019 or it would not have been made known in a “Blue” response to begin with.

I currently have 4 accounts that I would have to pay for, in order for my wife and I to play Classic together, and for each of us to play with our son in Retail, due to some confusion along the way which led to the creation of an extra account. Now that we realize what had happened, we wish to combine the original retail game client that had years of play invested on the first Battle.net account, with the Battle.net account that now has the Wrath Classic game client which has had a fair amount also invested into it.

By making such a move of a game client, it would not only help us with our financial situation by eliminating an additional reoccurring expense. It would also make for one less Battle.net account that needed to be maintained by Blizzard. Not to mention similar benefits for others, as obviously the person in 2019 had a situation where there was need for the service.

I could even understand if Blizzard decided that this needed to be a paid service to limit any sort of abuse of the policy.

Thanks in advance for taking this into consideration.

1 Like

Yes I want this too. I made a rogue on my other account to help me follow toons around and gank people who tried to gank me, also had AH toons on that alt account with other toons too. Mainly want my rogue back. They allow transfers as long as the person has the same last name on both accounts unless they changed that. Allowed in original Wrath, should be allowed now. But in OG Wrath you had to submit a ticket to transfer toons from one account to another, not pay for it.

1 Like

Try opening a ticket. I think you may be able to do so for Retail accounts, but keep in mind that merging accounts will not merge any account-wide achievements or items.

The post you linked says:

Despite Classic and Retail being separate in a way, they are a single WoW account. If you are paying multiple subscriptions, you have multiple WoW accounts.

The Battle.net account is irrelevant. It is the WoW account that matters (a single B.net account can have multiple WoW accounts… but merging them all under one B.net account still means you need to pay for each account separately).

If you want to “merge” WoW accounts to save money, your best option may be spending money. You can move your retail characters to other accounts you own (that is, to your account you have used for Classic) with the Character Transfer Service.

Original WotLK didn’t have a one-time boost paid service. If Blizzard allowed characters to be transferred in Classic, that one-time limit would mean nothing.

1 Like

Yes that logic explains more why they are now so reluctant to add in the transfers.

They did in fact do it at one point in time, and I made my post after going back & forth in the ticket process. That is why I said “reinstate” the service.

I stand by what I said before. If you want less WoW accounts, move the retail characters from the account it is on to the one you are using for Classic (or any other existing one). Moving a WoW account to another B.net account won’t save you any money.

If the entire Retail version from one account and the entire Classic version from the other are placed together in a single Bnet account then the other account could be completely deleted & thereby only leave a single account to pay for. This would indeed be possible because the Retail and Classic server data are completely separate from each other and would not cause either to be corrupted in the process of assigning one of them to the same Bnet account as the other. It would have only been impossible to do, if there was a desire to merge characters from two instances of the same version of the game. That was made clear in the original reply by a Blizzard employee back in 2019 on the other person’s thread.

Now as for the “abusing boosted characters” thing that others were saying would occur, that issue could easily be overcome by making it a paid service to do these types of merges. I believe it would further deter the abuse if the cost to merge were noticeably greater than that of a paid boost.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.