#mergeEarthenRing

I second this. A little bit of transparency goes a long way.

#mergeEarthenRing #connectEarthenRing #saveEarthenRing

1 Like

It’s just really sad. I miss having people around. #mergeEarthenRing

2 Likes

Still looking for some love here @Blizzard.

The biggest kick in the pants, is when you join a group from another server. hen you are transported to their world where there are actually plenty of people populating the cities.

2 Likes

Wow, raider io has Earthen Ring as the second lowest population server in the Americas. Still nothing, Blizzard? So sad that even shortly after the Shadowlands launch, most areas are deserted again.

2 Likes

Replying to bump this back up to the top of the forum postings instead of the ridiculous do not merge thread. This server is in desperate need of a merge. This is an MMO, not a single player game.

2 Likes

I have called ED home for many years. I maintain a few alts here on ER and am finding myself spending more time here this xpac.

I love Emerald Dream US. Some great people still around. If it is RP you are looking for, you won’t find it there with a server merge. Many of the RP’rs there have transferred to WRA and any that are left are hiding behind Discord.

If you are concerned about low population and how it affects the ER Auction House, I can tell you that the ED economy is broken when you have one or two players who have cornered the entire bag market. I am using the bag example but it is like this for many items people try to sell.

I would invite you to spend an evening or two on ED. You can see for yourselves how a large population undermines the whole in game community.

You have something very special here on Earthen Ring.

Tread carefully with cries for merges.

Best wishes.

1 Like

Guys, guys… we actually had a very large population at one time. We know what it’s like, that’s why were saying we want it. It was much nicer here when it was flush with people.

5 Likes

We all are remembering how it USED to be. The crowds in game now are nothing like the way back when. RP is a minority everywhere. It sucks. Things are not greener on the other side. That is why I have invited all of you to spend some time on ED.

ER may be low pop but so far the quality of the people playing here is very good.

You have a very special community here even if it is small.

Again, I will invite you to spend time on ED and you will see how well you have it here on Earthen Ring.

If you like it on ED there is always transferring toons. (Expensive but might be worth the frustrations you will encounter.) That is what all the really good RP players did after deciding ED had become too toxic and unfriendly.

Best wishes :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This right here.

I’ve got max level characters on Emerald Dream and Wyrmrest Accord so I know what both servers look like. I know there are pains that come with a larger server (we had them on Earthen Ring back in the day, as well) but that’s a part of the bigger game in general.

If I had my choice of running free through a world without a soul in sight or having a little extra competition for mobs and rares to restore the living, breathing world that Earthen Ring once was, I’d take the latter every time.

I will not financially support Blizzard by paying for a server transfer on several characters just because they haven’t fixed the server I play on. I’m not going to incentivize neglecting ER, which is what is happening right now.

2 Likes

Well there ya go. :wink:

You’ve taken care of your needs for larger populations with max level characters on Wyrmrest and Emerald Dream and that’s wicked awesome.

Looks like there really isn’t a need for realm connections for Earthen Ring. Now the rest of us who want a small, friendly, stable realm can enjoy ourselves here.

Things work out the way they’re supposed to in their own time.

Best wishes and kind regards.

Unfortunately those characters just allow me to see a glimpse into what Earthen Ring once was and reinforce the fact that we need a merge.

2 Likes

I find it a wee bit off that of the 193 posts on this merge thread, just 3 of you are responsible for 53 of the posts.

Hardly a majority.

No need to merge Earthen Ring based on this thread.

Sorry just calling it like the numbers show it.

Cheers. :slightly_smiling_face:

Prolly just based off who responded to this thread as opposed to who responded to the opposing thread. I haven’t spoken to anyone personally, who plays on ER that doesn’t think ER sucks right now due to the population.

I’d safely wager it’s a majority.

4 Likes

Indeed. Everyone I’ve spoken to in-game has said the exact same thing. Though they’re not as vocal on the forums due to other outlets for discussion such as Discord they’re still submitting in-game suggestions and rally to the cause.

You might want to spend more time thinking and posting about the good things the Earthen Ring community offers rather than dwell on how it used to be.

We all have to make decisions. Mine was trying to find a new realm to call home when my old home since WotLK was no longer providing the things that were important to me.

Change is never easy.

For many players there is still a place for quiet realms where players are respectful of all player types.

You have that here on Earthen Ring.

Best of luck to all of ya.

Cheers!

“You might want to spend more time thinking and posting about the good things the Earthen Ring community offers”

From what i’m told by the people transfering here, they like that there isn’t much of a community at all and also that they like being able to price gouge ER players on the AH due to our very limited economy.

Sadly, what I am seeing so far in my exploration of ER is that according to most of the veteran population, there is not a single good thing about Earthen Ring that any of you can think of to share.
It’s not a lack of population or a fear of market manipulation that has taken over here.

Can’t believe that none of you can come up with anything positive to post.

I seriously wish all of you the best.

Kind regards and cheers. :slightly_smiling_face:

As someone who has played on a larger server for years (Sargeras) I started leveling here at the end of BFA to join a family member on the server. While the population is low, the small amount of people left here are top notch.

However, I really miss the feeling of a large server. Whenever I go to an area that is not for the current XPAC it is completely empty. Go to Dalaran on any Med/High pop server and the place is booming. I miss having General and Trade channels that actually get utilized.

4 Likes