#mergeEarthenRing

Throwing my 2 coppers in as well. Still holding out hope that we get a realm connect; at this point I don’t even care WHO we are connected with so long as we get a little life pumped into the realm. 6.2k views on this thread alone and still not a peep from Blizzard. Larger realms have gotten connections, realms that didn’t need/want a connection were connected.

WHY are we not connected? We’ve gone thru the appropriate channels and have done what we are supposed to do. Chimed in on the old realm connection thread (now closed), keep bumping this thread, and I’ve been regularly submitting it as a suggestion through the in-game help menu. At this point I want some answers.

#mergeEarthenRing #connectEarthenRing #saveEarthenRing

3 Likes

A realm connection to another server isn’t what the ER community deserves, but the realm connection the ER community needs.

Wait, no we deserve a connection too. Need to find a better quote for this.

#connectEarthenRing
#MergeEarthenRing
#SaveEarthenRing

1 Like

#connectEarthenRing
#MergeEarthenRing
#SaveEarthenRing

LETS GET CONNECTED!!

4 Likes

Going to continue to ask and hope. Perhaps we can at least get some clarification regardless. I just want to #SaveEarthenRing.

Please let them #ConnectEarthenRing.

3 Likes

#MergeEarthenRing #ConnectEarthenRing #SaveEarthenRing

2 Likes

Yeah, it’d be nice to hear something about it at least.

Throw us a bone, @Blizzard. We’ve reached out on the forums, on Twitter, and through the in-game Suggestions tool, just like you asked. Let us know if we’re holding out breath for nothing.

#mergeEarthenRing #connectEartheRing #saveEarthenRing

Did we get connected…? Seeing people from other servers for the first time in Trade/General chats. I didn’t see anything in a blue post though.

To my knowledge, no. The recent influx of activity is still basically the CRZ that’s been happening for a bit. There’s just more of it due to the influx of people coming back for the pre-patch / expansion.

Aw man. I have been keeping up with this thread in hopes that an ER merge would happen before Shadowlands. Coming back to a dead realm for a new expansion seems like such a letdown so I’m not sure I even want to return. I’m really not into paying Bliz to move my main and alts to a server that functions.

1 Like

Have we always had other servers connected in our chats? I swear this is the first I’ve seen it. And even when the pre-patch dropped, the server was absolutely dead. I just noticed a bunch of activity for the first time yesterday.

1 Like

For a while now, yeah. At least throughout a good portion of BfA, if not the entirety of it. I’ve noticed the [name] - [server] tag format in the various channels regularly around the time Mechagon was released. That’s about when I reluctantly turned them back on for myself so I could see rare calls and call them out myself.

That continued on through the N’Zoth patch and now through the pre-expansion patch. I couldn’t tell you when it started, exactly, because, per above, I tended to avoid the server channels pretty consistently. Someone else may have a better idea, though.

The CRZ stuff helps when out there questing and whatnot, basically for public PvE content. Where it doesn’t help is for RP communities (the RP mods that I’m aware of don’t talk cross-server, and CrossRP has been a bit unreliable for me) and for guild recruitment. They’re still technically on another server. With a proper realm connection, as I understand, those people are treated as if they’re all on the same server. (I don’t know this for a fact, mind you, but it’s what I’ve been told)

2 Likes

Gotcha. Well damn, that’s disappointing! I was surprised to find myself to not be the only person in SW today. Thanks for the explanation :slight_smile: You are correct though, with a proper realm connect everyone will be able to join the same guilds / use the same AH and such.

3 Likes

This thread has 7000+ views. We need a realm connection badly, and it shows just in the community’s interest in one. I still hope we can at least get a blue post regarding this thread.

5 Likes

Free realm transfers, are we on the list ?

2 Likes

I haven’t seen any news regarding free realm transfers but I’d be more than happy to welcome new adventurers into our midst.

#mergeEarthenRing #connectEartheRing #saveEarthenRing

1 Like

I know there were free transfers from high population realms off, but I don’t think they specified a location other than “not another high pop realm”. There’s no list that I’m aware of. People on servers with queues just seem to have an option.

Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s going to drive anyone specifically to Earthen Ring even if we need the new blood badly.

Holding on to the hope that we’ll see some more merges as Shadowlands rolls on.

1 Like

Would still like to see a realm connection. Even if we had all our CRZ friends merged, we still wouldn’t be “too big”. Like come on Blizzard! Merge us already!

1 Like

Please give us some sort of answer regarding this situation, Blizzard. We appreciate that you may have your reasons. If there’s a problem with connecting us to other realms, then please… tell us! Explain the situation!

1 Like