Merge BE/VE Non-Tentacle Hairstyles?

You mean these?

I think they work fine for void and high elves. (I assume the tentacle toggle will apply to all of them both to add and remove)

8 Likes

There’s an easier way to say your opinion on an Alliance narrative is irrelevant, Fyre.

1 Like

No. They don’t. At all. They look tribal. They look like wood Elves, or weird Mongolian Elves. Explain to me how that works for a high elf? Because I don’t see it.

High Elves aren’t edgy. High Elves aren’t tribal. High Elves would never wear those dirty, angsty, hot topic-looking styles!

It is however the player likes it. Just like every other race, they aren’t limited to a single style. That said, I hate the art he posted and hope nothing of the sort is ever in game.

You do realize, that High Elves originate from Celtic Mythology right? Which that mythology also involved Tribal hairstyles. Not to mention that High Elves in concept art, have Celtic Tattoos or runes on them. Including Alleria.

That said, the art he posted goes a bit TOO tribal in my opinion. I feel like it would make more sense to be a mixture of Alleria’s hair, the Dwarven Female Hair, and a splash elegant refinery for both genders.

GRANTED, they are technically Void Elves. So I feel that if we get any new hairs for them, that at least 1 or 2 of them, will have more of an edgy/dark flair to them. As they honestly should.

Because we really got NO VOID anything as far as customizations for a Void centric race goes.

1 Like

We see what high elves wear. None of them have a style or anything similar to that. So what if they were from Celtic mythology? They still had a clear style. The tattoos were one thing, but that hair is a no go for them.

Anyways, they got no void stuff because void elves were a mistake. I mean they have become the subrace in their own race. They should have been high elves from the start and blizzard knows that. It’s why they aren’t delivering more void options and are instead giving them high elf options. I even consider the darkfallen stuff high elf stuff because the darkfallen elves in the alliance only make sense to be returning high elves anyways as no void elves were turned. And you could headcanon it as them being turned off screen but then why were nightborne not turned with that same mentality?

They’ve already said that High Elven options that Void Elves have, are to represent the High Elven members from the alliance. But it’s a supposed to be a supplement, not the main racial feature.

Don’t get me wrong, I also play mine as High Elf like, but to be fair, Void options are what should be given to them first at this point.

As for hairs, since Alleria is their leader, I feel like hairs taking a Celtic inspiration, makes a lot of sense, and honestly a lot of them can still look elegant at the same time, as having that more tribal/celtic vibe. That could fit both aesthetics.

If it’s any consolation, they’ve confirmed that they plan to give all races every class eventually beyond the Evoker class. So Void Elves will even get Paladins as well. So the High Elf fantasy will continue to get some options.

Right. I’ll just have to wait 5 years to finally play my paladin. No thanks. I won’t care by that point. Anyways, I wouldn’t even wanna be a paladin if I’m still glowing purple because of Entropic Embrace. Completely ruins the Paladin feel.

I don’t like the Celtic look. I don’t think Celtics look elegant in any way. In my opinion, they have a much dirtier style. I don’t like braids, at all. Nothing based in that style would ever satisfy me. I just want a few of the normal blood elf styles that have been the most common on high elf npc’s. That will satisfy me more than any new yet unappealing hairstyle ever could.

At this point, I don’t see why they should offer anything to void elf players. Void Elves are largely unpopular, and have just been a vehicle for high elves. Why put in all that dev time for an aesthetic barely anyone will use.

Because it’s incredibly unlikely that Sylvanas would have ordered for her own allies to be risen into undeath against their wills, whereas it is incredibly likely that she would have risen the bodies of her enemies.

I mean. Sylvanas wasn’t exactly a moral saint. She didn’t give a damn about the horde, and even said so. She jumped ship and went to work for the Jailer. Like, they could have explained it any which way rather easily considering what Sylvanas was at the time of BFA and Shadowlands. But no, they just left out Nightborne and gave the alliance more darkfallen to choose from than horde which is odd.

The gnome has a point. In Cata, Lor’themar forbade her from raising ANY other Blood Elves into undeath, and several Horde leaders made her agree, that their people were to stay dead. Making New Forsaken members only allowed to come from the dead of the Alliance or Neutral people.

To each their own, I’ve seen some that are GOREGOUS for both men and women, a lot only have a single braid, and fit a more modern style as well. Granted I’d like at least 1 of the nice long hairs that male BE have, for my VEs. But asking for them to share hairs is always a crap show in the community.

It bothers me too at times. But you can get an add on, and configure it to always disable/cancel that buff. They also might do something like they did with Vulpera, and add in an NPC eventually, that could change the color to be more Arcane like, or fully shut the effect off, depending on your choice. Idk if they’d do it. But it’s a feature I’d like to see as well, and that could work.

They are far more popular then you realize, and while yes High Elf players flocked to them. They aren’t just a vehicle, Blizz made the entire decision to have them be their own race, and the sole Dark/Void aspect of the alliance as of yet.

They won’t go anywhere, and since many, including myself believe that they were half-buttly made overall, I feel like adding in more Void like options, or star color hair overlays like Fenelon shared would make sense as the next logical things to add. They can’t have a VOID race, and not give them anything that is Void based.

IF void elves ever get a revamp/more options, I’m sure they’d get 1 or 2 High Elf options, along with toggles to remove the tentacles on all of the hairs they’d get. But if you’re expecting it to focus on High Elf, over Void Elf themes, then that’s just kind of selfish.

I don’t think it’s selfish. I don’t think I am underestimating the void elf playerbase. I really haven’t seen many players wanting to be an actual void elf. The race seemed to have sparked in numbers only after the high elf options were added, which should tell you something. Now does it have like, no fans? Nah. It has some. But just some. And they are few in numbers compared to high elf players.

High Elf players are just the majority, so why make a load of options for a smaller playerbase, when you could implement options far more people would use? it just makes more sense. There are so few devs making customization options. Every bit of their time is precious. It has to be used for big community wanted things. And I’m sorry, void elf options don’t fit that bill. They can get a few things here and there, and more once high elf options are complete. But right now, they just wouldn’t be a big priority.

That’s original, it’s something I bet the pro-visual uniqueness crowd would find amusing.

1 Like

It’s selfish, because the races seem to get new options VERY rarely. In the AR department, Void Elves are among the next up to get new options.

One thing that has been stated, is that the Void Elves never really got cool void options. Granted I’m not talking about the weird monstrous stuff that some suggest. But tattoos or new hair highlights and shadowy finger tips, could make sense, maybe even Draenie like neck tentacles of void.

People also already hate on the Void Elves, or thing we got “too much” for getting normal/human skin and hair colors. So I don’t know that Void Elves would ever get another pass after their actual pass so to speak.

Meaning, in my opinion it need to focus on Void aspects, which a lot of people agree with. Because the fantasy of that race, is supposed to be VOID centric.

GRANTED those options could very easily do both parties. The tattoos could be very celtic like, to fit the High Elf theme, with the HE color as an option for them, and void colors as well. The hairs, I imagine would be more Modern or Celtic-like with 1 or 2 braids maybe in some of the longer hairs, and those hairs would have tentacle or no tentacle options. To accommodate HE or VE. They might even have the Option to replace the tentacles with a Braid, which is a popular suggestion.

We might see 1 or 2 normal Elf like hairs, but overall I feel like they’d copy Alleria or even Zelda from Breath of the Wild or Hyrule Warriors. To give a unique vibe from Blood Elves, since those players constantly worry about their visuals.

Which speaking of, IF they made NEW hairs for VE, that are Lord of the Rings like hairs, and the more traditional Skyrim HE kinda hair, then BE players would be SUPER upset, since in their Pass, they got like NOTHING. Meaning we’d likely have to share most if not all of our new VE options of that vibe with BE. Which would leave both sides feeling like they didn’t get anything special.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted them to dive into this with Goblins, Gnomes, Blood Elves, Forsaken and Draenei.

5 Likes

I don’t want anything new. They can just give us some of the blood elf styles. We could get like 8, and the rest can be unique to blood elves only. Some of those styles could have tentacles for the void elf fans, and that will suit them. Keep in mind, void elves are blood elves, it fits in their theme just fine to have blood elf hair, as that is what they were originally, and it makes sense some would keep that hair. I don’t care if the blood elves get mad. They still retain a few hair styles only to them, and whatever new stuff they get will also only be theirs. Besides, look, blood elves just got 2 unique quests, giving them weapons and a mount and armor. Void Elves got none of that. The racial identity isn;t being infringed at all.

You guys are really acting like Blood Elves and Void Elves sharing all of their hairstyles is somehow going to ruin the game because of identity issues, but are completely okay and pushy when it comes to all races being able to be all classes???

Get a grip people.

4 Likes

You took over 3 years to unlock the Kul Tiran heritage armor? And you say you main Alliance?

2 Likes

THIS 100% THIS. I am of the mind, that just about all hairs should work for all races, for more customization and player freedom, and that all races should be all classes. That way people can pick the race they like be it for physical body/face, their lore, or their racials. Like most RPGS do.

I’ll never understand someone that is hurt or affected by other players, playing what they want to play. (Like those who say that ppl play too many BE/VEs so the game feel too ‘elf’ for them…like…WHO CARES. Play what you like, and let others do the same).

This is something I’ve been saying for like ever, and I have no issue with them sharing hairs. My points have only ever been on saying that Void themes should be the brand new additions for VE, given their theme and how the community is GOING to react. But they could easily just give BEs the VE hairs too. No biggie.

1 Like