Memory usage?

Same issue. 64gb, Win 10.

3 Likes

I second this!

2 Likes

Perhaps a paging file will help if you install it at the system’s discretion on your hard drive with a large amount of free memory. If you are not lazy, test it, I don’t have time for this.

1 Like

I did not break anything, therefore not my place to go trying to fix it!!! It is not my machine. Seems to be affecting countless configurations of machines.

3 Likes

Thanks.
Relaunching WoW is much faster than restarting the whole PC.
I even tried switching back to DirectX 12. Nope.

2 Likes

Actual facts.

Adding that this is affecting me since the recent patch. Makes playing HC impossible because I don’t want to die randomly from the game crashing and it not being my direct fault.

2 Likes

There is nothing you can do about this. It was all working fine for everyone, then everyone started crashing. After an update. You have to wait it out for Blizz to fix it.

7 Likes

God, I lost two hours of attempting to fill in my TRP to two separate crashes. I’m glad/ mortified it’s not just my addons LMAO. Have had it happen maybe 5 times over the last couple of days. I’m a Windows user running on 32gb.

3 Likes

I would like to add that I am also on windows 10 and that its now happen 4 times already to me.

1 Like

Blue post on EU forums ~30 mins ago

7 Likes

Finally a Blue Post response!
Thank you Thelchrotis for sharing this.

1 Like

About to login and see how it goes if what they are saying is true. Ill update if I get memory spikes again.

If anyone has had problems all the time, please write back. is the problem solved? I’m a hardcore server player. I don’t have a chance to test

i’m also a hardcore player, been wandering around in as safe a manor as i can for about an hour and a half, and haven’t crashed. we may be in the clear?

classic might fine now but retail is still 100% doing it still

1 Like

No issues in retail for me just yet, but there’s still time… Been monitoring my memory for the last hour with no issues so far.

1 Like

I’ve been monitoring my memory. It’s still happening. It appears to be related to hearthing to Valdrakken. I’m guessing a leak in player enumeration. (11.0.2.56110)

Edit: I started PerfMon to pin it down more.

my world of warcraft memory has been going up to 2,389.5 in character select and in game it goes into the 3,6000 or higher sometimes

This makes sense; before this issue (right after 11.0 released), I was getting constant 51900319 disconnects when hearthing into Valdrakken. Something’s definitely going wrong there.

it is way too high for memory for retail but classic and cataclysm classic been low for me