Memory usage?

I just got a memory usage warning while running 32 gigs of ram…

Not enough memory. Please refer to https://battle.net/support/article/6926 to find out how to reduce your memory usage.

36 Likes

I got that too… never seen it before ever.

Had to exit and restart problem gone

There is a memory leak post explaining what is going on

5 Likes

Where is the post? I also am having crazy memory leak issues aswell. WoW will suddenly use 25-30GB of my RAM. Restarting is a temporary fix but after a bit of playtime it spikes again. Really glad to see I’m not alone because I was going crazy thinking my RAM was corrupted or something. Id also like to add that I use Linux as an OS, so this is not just a Windows issue.

10 Likes

I also ran out of memory today, I only have 16 gb but it’s the first time I’ve seen it.

10 Likes

I just logged in to a timerunner and stood there while I went to cook dinner, came back to this. Something’s busted.

9 Likes

been seeing out of memory error despite having 32G total with 16G+ free at any given time. it happens to me the most in Random dungeons & raids.

8 Likes

Also just had this happen with 32gb, and memory usage wasn’t even showing above 14.

6 Likes

were you in a Random group?

Same here.
A few minutes earlier I had some weird UI bugs, like achievement screen loading without background, character sheet loading without window border and etc.

32GB ram here as well.

3 Likes

This has happened to me twice already.

Same here. Some item icons aren’t loading and the achievement images aren’t showing when I get em

1 Like

Same here with 32GB RAM. I was playing in the night elf starting zone for about an hour, then got this error.

3 Likes

I just got this error in an Epic BG, never had this happen before. Only 16GB here, but I’ve never run out before. Always have discord, spotify and 1-2 tabs open on firefox when I play (always looking at stuff while waiting in queues)

3 Likes

Came here to say this. Can you get this fixed? It’s shutting me out of the game every once in a while and while not completely game-breaking, it’s really annoying when it happens.

4 Likes

Also having the issue.

4 Likes

Same here, was fighting Echo of Ony and got this error for the first time ever. I have a 32gb.

2 Likes

I have also gotten this.

2 Likes

16GB of ram here. I always do WoW with YouTube in the background on Chrome. Today I was doing that, and my Chrome told me I had not enough memory. Seems super odd.

Then my friend sent me a text message of a notification he was getting in WoW about low memory, made me think my issue today was because I had WoW open at the time.

5 Likes

I also experienced several crashes today due to a memory leak in WoWClassic.exe. It seems like the memory usage spikes up to full very quickly, as I’m polling memory usage every 30 seconds and I don’t see the memory usage spike up before the OOM killer is activated.

3 Likes

Yup crashed 3 times today due to “not enough memory” , i also have 32gb

uninstalled, reinstalled and haven’t crashed yet

3 Likes

16GB. Running Echos lvl 60-70. Dinged 70, put in all my talents, moved spells around, fixed UI actionbars (elvui), edited a WA, made 2 new macros and edited 2 others. Then I got the memory message and it insta shutdown the game.

I lost all changes. RIP.

Oh, it also turned on a bunch of addons I’d turned off. Seems like anything done in the last 20ish mins was undone.

1 Like