Memory usage?

Also ran out of memory on timerunner with 32 gbs

1 Like

I might just be lucky, but I disabled the Optional GPU Features and Advanced Work Submit like Valeera suggested and have not crashed so far this morning. Earlyoom hasn’t had to kick in at all either, so it might be a valid workaround for Linux users as well.

1 Like

I’m also involved with this issue with windows 10. I do run 3 accounts with 64gb ram. Usually happens every 1-2 hours. sometimes its 1 or 2 client error and wants to close. Has’nt been all 3. I also watch movies or tv while play as well. The audio sometimes pauses skips during the the crash, but recovers. This has been happening for past 2-3 days. Alot of times it happens for me is when I log out to switch toons which do often.

2 Likes

I am going to test this right now. If anything try that script someone else posted.

Another person tried gxrestart every 20 minutes, I confirm it didn’t do anything for me.

Classics don’t have that option, I’ll try via config.wtf

3 Likes

I’ve tried it multiple times, it does nothing to my memory usage. In fact I sometimes see it go up after executing that command :laughing:

1 Like

I know both windows and linux users that are having this same issue, so it’s definitely not OS specific.

5 Likes

I’ve tried this already and while it’s helped slow things down a bit, it hasn’t stopped it either. Still happens after an hour or so of play time

6 Likes

All of my testing yesterday was with those settings off. I was still getting the memory explosions. I have everything as low as it can go, with DX 11, with all the checkboxes at the bottom unchecked.

4 Likes

I’ve been having this issue on Windows since latest patch. Seems random, but definitely occurs more in high populated areas like Valdrakken. I tried disabling addons, which is always painful, but still got this issue. 32gb of ram. Zero issue with other games. This is definitely a WoW issue.

7 Likes

Fresh factory reset on arch Linux system with 16gb ram, fresh wow install, no add-ons and using an AMD card.

Attempt 1- Wow ran for 45 minutes then hard crashed. Graphic setting 7

Attempt 2- wow crashed after 5 minutes on the top of high mountain peak on graphic setting 1

Attempt 3- finished one round of radiant echoes then hard crashed so bad it uninstalled bnet launcher

3 Likes

Just leaving it here.

Classic doesn’t have in Interface’s option to disable both alleged workarounds.

Here’s the two lines for Config.wtf, put them in _classic_era_ and _classic_

SET GxCompatOptionalGpuFeatures "0"    
SET GxCompatWorkSubmitOptimizations "0"
1 Like

Crashes with Windows 10 x64, both having all addons + weakauras and also with a clean UI

4 Likes

Very similar experience. Agree 100%

2 Likes

I only have 16gb, but ever since the last patch, WoW has been regularly consuming every last megabyte I have until it crashes.

This has never happened before in the almost 20 years I’ve been playing. Literally the only change is the previous patch, and actually using FEWER mods after it broke them. I seriously doubt that WeakAuras was doing memory cleanup though.

5 Likes

DX 12 looks like WoW at 100.1% scaling though.

1 Like

No donuts, Classic Era 23GB after some time. The struggle continues.

4 Likes

Im kinda sick of this bugs, its not like the game is free to play, we pay monthly for a service that is malfunctioning, they should fix this asap or at least give a proper response of what is happening

9 Likes

Agree, hope this gets sent to the top people immediately. I was so angry, I was going for my 2500 rated run, just needed a Netharius, got into an a great group we were at the end of the run, and my game freezes and closes - memory but the really annoying thing is it took me 10 min to get back into the game.

Luckily they were chads and 4 manned it but seriously man, Blizzard fix your god damn shiit please. Ty

Additional note, they wanted to run more keys but I said I couldn’t, I don’t trust what is happening now.

6 Likes

I’ve played all of prepatch with no problem, until these last few hours where I’ve memory crashed three times farming Firelands.

4 Likes

Same on modern as well. I stepped away from my PC with WoW running, came back and earlyoom had kicked in and killed it while I was away.

3 Likes