Melee hunter

Only to you. But keep trying! You’ll get there!

1 Like

Sure champ.

OP started up on the Hunter forums recently gloating about how Survival is now melee after Legion. He hates ranged gameplay and on top of that he also hates pets and wants Lone Wolf for Survival. He is a Warrior reroll who likes pretty much none of the actual identifying elements of Hunters and likes Survival because it reminds him of Arms. Even still, he hardly plays his Hunter and has done no relevant content to speak of, only a bunch of BG randoms.

THAT is the sort of player Blizzard provided for when they made SV melee, at the expense of actual Hunter mains. You can see how they now feel especially emboldened and entitled by Blizzard’s decisions in Legion.

4 Likes

Whose to say there wasn’t? Model and texture editing back then was a popular thing back then. I did it myself through mid patch 3.1 when I stopped playing on the regular. I was never even banned for it. Those TBC alpha/beta belf males were superior to the ones introduced with the expansion so I used those through the whole expansion. Green fire before blizzard adds it in 5-6 expansions in. I also did some blue fire as well. Want a cooler shapeshift for druid? Change it to something else. It was also the original transmog.

A quick google search would tell you (and the other guy who’s completely wrong about it being a different item) that black thunderfury is a visual “bug” that can easily be enabled by disabling “smooth shaders” in the settings.

Bepples buddy I told you I play many classes.
I commented on the “bring back ranged SV thread” stating how I love MSV, and don’t want RSV, a third string spec, back.

I love ranged gameplay, Don’t know what you’re on about. I have every ranged class capped at 120. Also this toon was made at the end of MoP…
I know you’re upset because I keep pointing out the truth, RSV isn’t coming back. And keep suggesting for you and the RSV crowd to move on, for your health.

Get over yourself, I was simply seeing if melee Hunters are viable in classic. I may gear a spell power Hunter regardless! Because it looks like fun and that’s why I play!

Now get some thicker skin, go back to crying about black arrow, but please feel free to keep replying.
I get a kick out of your name if nothing else.

P.s. Amazing how much melee Hunter hate there is lol. A lot of elitism in classic.

I figured that it was a visual bug. I just got nostalgic of the the days gone by.

Well, if I want to play a certain way, and the wonderfully welcoming classic community, laughs it off and mocks.

Yea they are elitist trash. Seems to be a trend in classic.

I’m talking about casual BGs maybe some leveling, farming. Idgaf about raiding or even dungeons, so why does anyone care.

Depending on how you gear yourself, it can be quite effective. You will be able to double your mobile ranged damage once you get a good set of gear. And benefit from Rivendare’s Runeblade scaling.

Sweet thanks for the input. Rivendares Runeblade huh? I’ll check it out.

Seriously bud, every post.
No one talked any smack.

You deliberately ask questions about things were not balanced favourably or not accessible and then yell insults when people say “I’m sorry bud, unfortunately melee hunter doesn’t perform that well. You can certainly give it a go if you find it fun, but it will put you at a significant disadvantage”

What do you want them to do? Lie? Tell you Melee hunters are OP?

The only answer they can respond with is unfortunately they weren’t balanced favourably.
It’s not like we magically have the power to make melee hunters viable.

3 Likes

It’s not really elitism. It’s like asking if you could dps as a warrior while spec’d deep prot. Sure you technically could but it’s not going to be very good.

You asked if it was viable, people answered. If you want to do it anyway, knock yourself out. Why do you need the forums approval to que pvp as whatever spec floats your boat?

3 Likes

“Breaking my legs and then going to run a few miles is a good idea, right? BTW anyone that tells me it’s a stupid idea are just elitist trash, I’m only doing this for fun.”

Sounds familiar? It’s exactly what you’re doing. Being a melee-only hunter is the best way to have DPS lower than the tank in dungeons and be more irrelevant than a retadin in BGs.

You are free to jam your fingers in your ears and keep ignoring everything that has been said in this thread. Just don’t come crying when you’re officially “that guy” on your server.

4 Likes

Just looking for excuses to call the Classic community toxic, elitists and others wise terrible.

Clearly a retail white knight.

1 Like

Lmao except it’s a game, not breaking your legs. Who cares about dps, you classic people are odd.

The community is pretty toxic to any specs/classes that doesn’t fit into their mold. And I do like retail thanks, much more content for me than classic will ever have.

Then, Kindwolf, what are you doing here and can you stop blasting your trolling nonsense all over the Classic forums?

1 Like

Not really. It doesnt have any mechanics to actually get in melee range, unlike other melee classes. You’ll just get kited by ranged classes and die, while melee classes will /rofl all over you.

Its perfectly fine for leveling though.

He can’t stop himself. He stalks me all over the forums because I hurt his feelings sometime in the past. Just report his trolling and move on. He is needing attention and this is how he gets it.

Trying to get a feel for classes, and the supposedly super welcoming classic community. Not a hard concept to understand.

Hi Twink troll. Still jumping on anything that doesn’t blow smoke up classics butt? That’s quaint good luck with that.

That is just plain insulting. Ret paladin in a BG is fantastic. Maybe not AV, but that bg is inherently disadvantageous for melee. Even then, they have the ability to heal, unlike a warrior.