Megathread: Ogres as Playable Allied race

They had the chance to make a playable void-based race. Infinite potential.

What did they do with it? Hair mods for Blood Elves before throwing a bucket of purple ink on them.

As much as I’d love ogres, I don’t think their team has the ingenuity to make it happen. I will give you mass credit for investing more effort into the lore than ‘a single class of elves touched the void and now there’s millions of them because ???’.

Well if they coudld do it with the zandalar, usiing just the outdated model from MOP, i think they safely can do with ogres using the WOD updated models.

Hell, they can even use the kul’tirans as base, like they did with rexxar, its not rocked science rly.

1 Like

True, but that’s when they still had some semblance of care for the player base.

Well I wasn’t wrong.

You are wrong because it’s not a sad idea at all.

4 Likes

I would never ever play as one.

But they are a legit part of the Horde already, and should be considered.

6 Likes

THAT’s the point. No race will appease everyone, we have multiple races because people want to be different things. Ogres are a big part of the Horde, and many players want them. Those who don’t have a lot of other options.

8 Likes

I feel the same, I don’t know that I would play one either, but I’d certainly play a Mok’nathal and would like to see both as options.

I’ve yet to really see a race I wouldn’t support. Sure some seem like really odd choices, but I don’t mind if someone wants to be one.
It’d be kinda neat/funny to see a Murloc Warrior or an Arrakoa Warlock or something odd like that.

3 Likes

IF you would play a mok’nathal why not a ogre? don’t be fooled by the rexxar model thinking thats exclusive to then, If ogres get a update they will be like that, but with more features ( horns, one or 2 eyes more colors, etc)

1 Like

Good post, I hope we can finally get Ogres, or Mok’nathal on the Horde soon.
Also they could use the big hefty Blood Troll females as inspiration for female Ogres? I personally don’t think it would look to bad.

2 Likes

That’s why they should just give high elves to the alliance, so the blood elf population will go away.

1 Like

Keep dreaming. Majority of Horde players who play Blood Elves are probably more loyal Horde fans than Orc players.

Oy!! Dont stomp on my dream of having a vulpera survival hunter named Ratchet with some kinda mechanic tameable that I shall aptly name Clank :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I mean, Ogres already have animations, the female model could be based off the Blood Troll Warmatrons, which are based on Kul’tirans.

4 Likes

I just prefer the look of the Mok’nathal over that of an Ogre. I’d maybe make one, who knows. I’d definitely make a Mok’nathal though.

1 Like

everyone deserve a spot, but we need to be fair, and ogres are waiting first, sorry

thats bullcrap, but why ogres playable is a sad idea again?

like i said, that look its the look of a ogre… just without horns and the belly.

2 Likes

Well no, it’s a mixture of orc and ogre. They’re a half-breed much like the Kul’tirans are a half breed of human and Vrykul. It’s why I’d like to see all of those playable =D
Ogres, Mok’nathal, Vrykul…yeah buddy.

1 Like

Rexxar model is pretty much an updated TBC ogre model. It just lacks the horn and the belly, but all other facial traits are there: the nose, the ears, the small eyes, even the tatoos around the eyes.

I don’t mind if it’s mok’nathal or ogre: the Rexxar model is a perfect showcase of how a playable “ogre” race could be done.

7 Likes

You know I’m right, it’s no coincidence that Helfer fans are going to do their best to support another ugly race for the Horde and hope it will be countered with Helves for the Alliance. Talk about ulterior motives! :rofl:

They need to redesign Orcs if they want them to be the popular Horde race. If they looked like the barbarians from the artwork, people would go for them. Right now they look goofy. They need to adjust the skeleton (make them swoller than Draenei), straighten all Orc (this includes NPC) backs and give them better options (scars, warpaint, ect). We also need armors that make them look savage, like the armors that NPC orcs get. I find the idea of an Orc appealing, I just don’t find the implementation so. Look at the Orcs in the WoW movie and the WoD artwork. Then look at them in game. Tauren look like they have googly eyes and Trolls… look like long skinny Orcs. They aren’t monstrous, they’re cartoon caricatures. If the Blood Elf player base dies out the Horde goes with them.

1 Like