Megathread: Ogres as Playable Allied race

they had though, they are different, OGres are waay more war like, they have gladiators, warmages, their aesthetic is totally different.

you already have fam

definitly no, is till think the glowing eyes for zandalari are crap…

thats why one of my suggestion is about the Gorian ogres of Draenor.

but they are enemies… both in nortrend and in stormheim…

orcs re not ogres…and ogres can be cyclops, something orcs can’t.

5 Likes

Of course they can just poke an eye out lol

You’ve convinced me. I support ogres. Would be pretty cool to get all smashing faces on.

2 Likes

Giving the Horde playable Ogres is a decade overdue.

Thank you for taking the time to put something so well fleshed out and putting it up in here.

Unfortunately most of the people on this forum just knee-jerk a NO to everything.

11 Likes

thanks for your kind words :smile:

so, im trust lv 3 now, and i finally managed to put some pics in the topic, so people can check out easily

Im open to ideas of what i should put next to enhance the topic, trying to make the reading less tedious and enjoyable

6 Likes

https://cdn3.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/001/661/507/large/matthew-mckeown-matthewmckeown-draenogre-final.jpg?1450335624

found a cool concept of half dranei half ogre. O.o that would be cooler then moknathal.

2 Likes

Ogres are an original Horde race that really should be playable by now. There is no reason not to make them playable, and with all the work done with the Kul Tiran models, it is now easier than ever to make playable ogres a thing. I am excited for the day when I can run around Azeroth as an ogre!

9 Likes

Metal, I like it.

There used to be an [unnamed private server] that let you play as several monster races. Ogre and Naga were both pretty awesome.

Ogres are my most wanted race, and I am really hoping we eventually see them playable on the Horde sooner or later. Since it sounds like more allied races will be forthcoming at some point, all I can do is show my support and hope for the best!

2 Likes

I hope half elves are implemented. They will look like belfs, but be the size of dwarves.

Give me ogres and forest trolls!

5 Likes

Given that Ogres were considered for Cataclysm, I feel like they will come eventually. There are already a few clans in the Horde, with individual Ogres also joining up as evident from that one Ogre standing in line in, if I remember correctly, Orgimmar in Legion saying he wanted to join the Horde.

Hopefully we can drum up some support for them so Blizzard can take notice.

8 Likes

I support it. Imagine the female ogres lol.

Yeah 3 Clans I believe, plus individuals like him, and also a bunch of Ogres (And Ogrons and Gronns) followed us back from Draenor during Mag’Har recruitment quest and joined us.
So the Horde has like 3 1/2 to 4 clans worth of Ogres.

2 Likes

You know what would be really neat? If a story line occurred where you unite various Ogre clans, maybe during the Ogre allied race unlock quest, for the Horde as a means of amassing a huge, strong army to go against the Alliance in some location as the finale of the quest. Imagine a giant wall of angry Ogres marching towards a city or outpost with air support of some kind. It would be a fearsome sight to see!

5 Likes

Lore wise, there might be more Ogres in the Horde than Darkspear Trolls.

2 Likes

I love this idea for orges :purple_heart:

4 Likes

You would think, but it seems like whatever Ogres are currently in the Horde aren’t really utilized much in the war against the Alliance. From the top of my head, it is only in a few specific questing areas they have a presence of any sort.

I have to wonder what they’re even doing right now when they could be utilized in a more practical fashion.

1 Like

`https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/001/661/507/large/matthew-mckeown-matthewmckeown-draenogre-final.jpg?1450335624

=D

Opposed by Vrykul on the Alliance =D

1 Like