Megathread: Instance Cap Removal

TBC instances are a lot shorter and people are going to be farming them even more than in classic (legit farming, not botting) because of gear and such, it will affect a lot more than in classic.

Will it affect everyone? No, but it hasn’t really solved the problem that blizzard was trying to solve anyway.

1 Like

It is not 30 “in a day.” It is 30 in a 24 hour period. Any dungeons I do this evening count against those I do in the morning.

30 runs/7 hours = 4.3 runs/hour.

Seriously? You run an instance in 15 minutes? Which ones? How?

In full naxx gear 12 min Blood Furnace runs will be done easily. You seriously underestimate how much people have been prepping for dungeon grinding.

Yes. My cleave group could very likely hit 30 in 10 to 12 hours_ and that cuts us off not only for the rest of the night we might be playing, but also a good chunk of tomorrow’s dungeons.

That’s not the only PREPing they’ve been doing

Normal people don’t run 30 dungeons a day

2 Likes

Wow. I had no idea.

Edit: no pun intended.

And here we have another reason so many of us want f r e s h. Jeeze.

They’re trying to be clever, and avoid ganking/competition for mobs, by hiding in instances content and spamming dungeons. For anyone that isn’t planning to play for 24 hours straight, and try and squeeze all of that playtime in dungeons, it has zero impact.

My thoughts exactly. Thanks. :green_heart:

Why would anyone actually want the cap to stay in?

Is it just spite towards players who are playing more than them?

For reference, we are full clearing several TBC dungeons in sub 15 minutes - we intend to be dungeoning for hours on end. With the cap, we run out of dungeons in less than 8 hours. That’s hurting our gameplay directly.

Last I checked, there are 24 hours in a day.

Last I checked, there are server reset timers. Last I checked, a “day” begins when the sun comes up. Playing semantics for the sake of spiting other people shows how little you offer to the discussion.

1 Like

I do want to say, I don’t really see harm in removing the cap. I also don’t see harm in it existing as it is.

Remove the instance cap blizzard. Stop restricting our game play.

I’m sorry, but, the timer starting when it does does not actually mean anything with regards to your concern. Glass half full or half empty. Losing the number of runs you participated in from the night before? Or gaining them after the reset? Perspective.

So called “normal people” also don’t care about server firsts, world records, speed runs, etc. But there’s still a lot of people who do, people who are being limited for no valid reason, and here you are arguing for that limit just to spite other people. Removing the limit will have zero effect upon those who don’t care about dungeon cleaves to 70. There is zero valid reason for you to be here arguing on behalf this 30 instance cap.

Getting both is better.

Fair. I respect your opinion.