Megathread: Instance Cap Removal

:man_shrugging: So convince me. Why is the instance cap bad?

1 Like

Man, that is a stretch. Implying that forming a cleave group with the same 4 people for 15+ hours straight is the social option. Versus encountering people in the game, grouping for quests, multiple different groups to do dungeons for quests.

The 30 instance cap at it’s very worse, will slow down tryhards hoping to level in complete safety in dungeons. 15 hours of doing 30 minute average dungeon clears, followed by 9 hours of questing.

In a week, they’ll be leveled either way, and this will have almost no impact outside of boosting, and raw gold farming trash mobs in slave pens.

I don’t understand why this is an issue all of a sudden. Why are there so many threads? Who runs more than 30 dungeons a day? Unless you’re a booster who clears stocks in 5 minutes I don’t see anyone realistically reaching the cap

Questing is mostly a solo experience, you want to NOT group as much as possible because of shared mob xp, and low drop rate quest items that don’t share for the group yet.

Dungeon cleaving is a social experience, you get in discord, you have good laughs.

So?

Ding ding ding ding ding.

1 Like

TBC dungeons are considerably shorter than Vanilla dungeons, even at max level when farming for items you could hit that cap.

It’s not 30 a day, it’s 30 in a 24 hour period, there’s a big difference there.

And it’s not like it’s done jack all to stop botting like they said it would anyway.

1 Like

Lol ok I’ll easily say goodbye to this. Are you trying to make a point that I should want to keep these things?

Actually, if they remove the cap, the sweaties will just start crying about being bored a couple days sooner.

1 Like

#RemoveTheCap

I would much rather them remove the 5 per hour limit than the daily limit of 30… the hour limit probably bones WAY more normal people.

It’s 10 on retail, that seems like a fine amount

I would like to hear the explanation for the instance cap. It sure as sh1t doesn’t stop botting or gold selling, so ???

This person has the nail on the head. Great summary of reasons we want the cap re-removed.

They set the expectation that it would change and teased it at Blizzcon when they announced the release of the game. People have already planned time off and organized different groups just to run dungeons. Taking that away for no reason is bad. Not that anyone should have to convince you in the first place.

I’m 30 with a cap and i won’t remove it! Oh wait…wrong thread.

That I can understand.

I do my raiding in a game other than WoW. It’s more of a strategy game in that we spend a lot of time setting up for battle, stalking the enemy… and sometimes running away. My point is that there’s a lot of downtime in the effort but the ABSOLUTELY best part is hanging out in comms and farting around with the gang as we prepare.

If instance caps are taking that away, that’s a loss to gameplay.

On the other hand… 30 instances/24 hours seems like a lot. Does this really affect that many people?

1 Like

Do people really see themselves doing more than 30 a day? Genuinely curious, like, how? Why? Even if just doing some kind of rogue/druid farming path. Is 30 -really- too low?

1 Like

Yes my I will hit the cap with in 6-7 hours of launch.

2 Likes

Please don’t give them terrible ideas.