Megadungeons always serve as a reminder

OP, this is why I will only run the megadungeon with guildies/people I know. I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be to pug and try to replace people who leave. Yikes! No thanks.

I don’t.

And I mostly pug.

And the vast majority of them time without any issues.

Save you the trouble:

3 Likes

It is like déjà vu on these forums. Same handful posters over and over again, trying to defend the status quo. I guess the lack of content forces you guys to play the forums instead of the game.

1 Like

Nah, it’s the infinite scaling and affixes.
Affixes only exist to bring some variance to the content, which could be done by random/select npc placement, extra abilities etc.

You could limit the group by having long CDs not refresh, or even flat out not work, to allow replacements.
Pathing and strategy would be a thing all the same.

The timers exist as a deliberate design choice. You could have a chronometer and achieve a similar effect: every X minutes NPCs gain Hp/dmg/dmg reduction/skills/secondaries/whatever.

Both would only serve to add a sense of urgency, but timers are definitely the simpler approach.

I wouldn’t mind timers that much if it wasn’t the only way they choose to limit the dungeon run, and if they had a RPG element to it, like Shattered Halls - get to the boss in time or he’ll execute people.

Replacements should definitely be a thing in M+ too, and they’d be possible if implemented right.

Either way M+ is not going anywhere as it added longevity to the game, the best we can hope for is additional modes/implementations of it, instead of only timers+affixes.

People fighting over a game is so goofy to me. You don’t like m+, cool. Some people who do like it enjoy playing with the same people. Cool. Some people who like it enjoy playing with pugs. Cool. Some crazy people who like it enjoy playing with people they know and pugs. Cool. We are allowed to like/ dislike things and it not mean we have a flaw or something lol.

Maybe take a forum break and grab some chocolate or something. :heart:

Maybe cake.

4 Likes

Great response. Once again. Adding nothing to anything other than trying to add more attacks.

Sure. You are also one of the loud people in the forums you are insulting. But since you don’t mind going full in double standard…it’s ok.

What is important is that you do everything you can to insult anyone that disagrees.

2 Likes

I don’t run with the same people, infact I pretty much exclusively pug on my priest, my evoker and my tank

In two seasons I’ve maybe had 4 people bail from a group that could of succeeded

2 Likes

Okay, then why is there so many threads complaining about leavers in M+ every week? Are these people in the minority when it comes to experiencing leavers. I see a lot of complaints on this topic, like a lot.

leavers in m+ are not an issue. If someone leaves - it’s already a failed key, no reason to suffer for zero reward. Only people that don’t understand that simple thing complain

It’s a solid reminder on how bad the majority of the playerbase is lmao

How do people not understand Iridikron mechanics, he does like 2 things dps worry about

1 Like

Lmao @ using someone’s profile to attack then while posting from a random level 33 classic character. Cowardly act, we need btag and fast. Or, lacking btag, classic characters should be restricted to posting on classic forums.

9 Likes

Those of you who have pugged it, do you feel that it being broadcasted to be tuned around ilvl 420 might have caused some struggle in the groups you have be a part of?

Just curious. :slightly_smiling_face:

Didn’t mean to reply specifically to you Malgorok. Oops!

1 Like

This was GG, I guess hypocracy catches up with you.

2 Likes

I think 420 is probably a smidge low. It’s tuned for the top end of what’s available from world content so if you’ve been getting your crests and catalyzing your tier pieces and making use of crafted items and the free upgrades from the campaign and loam rep you’ll be 426~ with at least one 437 weapon.

At 426 I’d say it’s a difficult but learnable piece of content. The mechanics most bosses do just end up looping and you’re geared enough that the fights when executed correctly don’t actually cause much of an attrition, you just have to do the loop of mechanics for long enough for the boss to die, which takes roughly 3-5 minutes.

Drunne, do you think of yourself as like a righteous vigilante getting justice on all the M+ gaslighters, or something? The melodrama is insane. It’s like a super villain origin story.

2 Likes

Stop pugging. Make friends and play with them. Join a guild. So many people play this game solo and throw a fit when they have a bad interaction with a random pug.

I mean, I wouldn’t want to play with you based off this thread.

3 Likes

Having soloed Tazavesh the other night where they made it so the last boss takes about 45 min to kill for a solo player also serves as a reminder of how much they despises certain groups of players, solo players and those that wanna go back and do old stuff. Blizzard is like you will play our megadungeon with a small group of friends or we will make life miserable for you

1 Like

I mean, it’s been the case for most of this game’s history that content from the previous expansion takes time before the developers scale it to be easily solo’d.

But they do scale it down. It’s not at all the result of some sort of animosity or hatred.

I mean… that’s the point of a dungeon, right? To be content designed for five people?

that are used to running high level keys togheter have you not seen the disaster that occurs when the average players with ok itemlevel enters with 4 other randoms. No to me its pretty clear they are making it just hard enough to make certain groups of players decide to get a boost and buying tokens i mean just look at the services channel its a flourishing buisness atm for them

1 Like