Mechagnome Customization Thread

This isn’t against anyone’s wants or desires, it’s just my thoughts, nothing more.

I actually don’t think druid is a likely class but if it happens I doubt it will be transforming like transformers.

Gnomes are curious by nature and study all forms if magic, so things like using the light to heal makes a lot of sense. Figuring out how to make equitable deals with the elements makes sense. I think even paladin could be done through this motiff of study and focus in one’s field.

If we get druid, it will follow that concept I think. A group of gnomes who while studying nature magic uncovered through science how to utilize it to shift forms. Not as some technological transformation.

That doesn’t mean of course that our forms wouldn’t be appropriately themed to our mechanical bodies, the shift for druids clearly takes the races body politic into account.

So it wouldn’t be hard to rp a transformer I think.

Again. Not against anything here. Just wanted to share my thoughts.

That could be fun actually!

I’ll get it in that list later today.

I wonder what the hair is made out of…

2 Likes

My hope is for Gnomes to have access to Druid and their forms would be smaller woodland creatures. If Tinker ever becomes a thing, hopefully Mechagnomes would have a unique “transforming” ability to turn into various robotic forms found on Mechagon Island.

Have you guys seen the new mechanocrawler flying animation? It looks pretty sick!

2 Likes

I’ve been dive bombing SW for about 30 mins. So much fun!

2 Likes

I’ve been doing the same thing lol.

2 Likes

Now I have.

I feel like the connections for the arms/legs could have been… Improved but otherwise very fun!

1 Like

I can imagine mechagnome/goblin druids coming from messing with the progenitum forge and accident allowing them to shapeshift into progenitor forms of animals.

2 Likes

Made a few very minor edits to the main post.

Still looking for mockups of some of the items on the list above. If anyone has anything they’d like me to showcase let me know.

1 Like

I found this mock-up of a mechagnome with different levels of partially flesh legs by Drkav. I really like the metal gorget on the last one.

I also found a cool art of a mechagnome arc lancer mounted unit in the style of Warcraft III Reforged by Barorque.

The concept art includes an option to have only one eye upgraded.

7 Likes

i need my gnome mohawk on Mechagnomes!

3 Likes

Amazing works!

I’ll add them to the main post a little later tonight!

1 Like

Yes please!

More options!

Also, this is probably just me but I think Mechagnomes should have rocket boosters that give us double jump and possibly glide

4 Likes

My legs are sexy and all, but I don’t need 15 pages of thongs and only 3 dresses.

1 Like

One thing I think we need as an option to show 3D armor on the robotic limbs

If you view Mechagnomes in the dressing room on wowhead, 3D aspects of armor pieces will show on the characters hands, legs, and feet. It actually looks really good and I think it would be cool to see this implemented in game

It also makes sense in that while we have mecha limbs, we would add some armor pieces onto them from the current expansions or raids or whatever we’re doing. Never hurts to add more armor plating

4 Likes

Thats come up a few times.

While I doubt they’d do this as a racial thing (the only example we’ve seen of it was with DH’s a class feature.) it would be really neat to have.

I’ll check if its up above in the main post but I think its already there…

Oh! Thats a wonderful idea!

I’ll get that added in a little while.

1 Like

I think this is the thing they need the most. It was always a bad decision to assume the players would not want their armor to show. After all, people harped for years about Forsaken armor being broken. What made them think people would want more of that?

Just have the gear sit on an invisible model edge but all we see is the metal “skeleton” below the invisible model. If there is a clip here or there, so be it. WoW is full of clipping already, and if it isn’t a major clip, it doesn’t really bother me anyways. Gear might look a little “baggy” around the boots and sleeves, but I think that provides an interesting look personally. Make it a toggle option too.

1 Like

You arent getting druid or shaman but I cant contest paladin.

But do they have the faith for it? They seem fiercely logical.

First off, goblins can be shamans, so a gnome should be able to be one too.

Like really if the elements are just taking deals a gnome can easily make a deal too.

Druid and Paladin though, those would be through study of the magics involved.

Also logic and faith in a world with literal magic isn’t diametrically opposed… heck its not even a problem to be logical and have faith in real life…

1 Like

Another option I thought of is maybe an option to have only 1 mechanized limb. Like one robo arm and one living arm. Would be kind of cool to have asymmetry

3 Likes

Druid and paladin isnt this flippant thing you can study, classes are decided by a large group of people becoming this class for whatever reason.

Druidism is the hardest type of magic to learn and you have to change your entire mindset to understand how animal and beings of the dream experience things and to experience that mindset as well.

Mecha gnomes strictly hit me as being to logical and grounded in science to “lower” themselves to being less than that, and they totally arent the nature type.

It would just never happen with druids, not in the slightest.

Shaman with goblins make contracts with the elements but these are mutually beneficial deals to both sides, its supposed to be a big deal but the benefits outweigh any perceived cons to the goblins.

It also serves the goblin instinct to pathologically seek out allies both otherworldly and not for its own benefit.