Mechagnome Customization Thread

Blizzard will build an entire pirate themed mini-game-Fortnite before they give mechagnomes ANYTHING-- Which is pretty funny when you think about it. lol

At this point, I would settle for copy and pasted basic gnome customization like pink hair and standard boar-tails.

3 Likes

I’d be ok with that though it seems they should be able to run faster at least.

2 Likes

Imagine if they gave us a racial where we could find extra parts and confer minor stat bonus’ to our bodies…

2 Likes

Ok now see, THAT would be fun. And interesting, and give us a reason to actually explore.

2 Likes

I can’t wait until I hit renown 40 and verify that mechagnomes cant wear the coat from the Plunderstorm pirate outfit. Its going to be great

Just another reminder that Blizz hates us and we’ll probably never get fixed.

2 Likes

Yeah can we at least have the same hair and colors as regular Gnomes? God we have virtually nothing in that regard.

2 Likes

I was honestly shocked that we didn’t get something like that. Like revisiting Junkyard Tinkering on Mechagon for some new crafted Barbershop augments. Could be something like the Mechagnome scans an object and if it meets the requirements, it can be recycled into materials that can be used for new upgrades.

2 Likes

Whelp, I was right. The pirate coat bottom becomes a diaper with red frills on the side…and I think that is part of the belt.

I’m afraid that it may be time to abandon my fellow mechagnomes and undergo a race change.

2 Likes

I keep the ‘Darkmoon Ring-Flinger’ keybound so I can malfunction sometimes (fall down and spit out rings, er uh… nuts and bolts) for RP needs. But actually getting the option for sparks and things in the barbershop would be so cool.

But the hip flair from the Plunderlord set is on the chest piece and IT ACTUALLY SHOWS on mechagnome hips. I wish more hip add-on things would show for us. 3D transmog bits is my most requested thing for my mechagnome main. But I want it for pants, not just chests! I wish I could have the little 3D pan pipes on my hips from the Ardenweald Grove Guardian’s Regalia pants.

3 Likes

Another month pass and still no new customizations for Mechagnomes.

Yay.

3 Likes

The War Within alpha and patch 10.2.7 PTR should be dropping in the next few weeks–hopefully we’ll see new customization options then!

1 Like

Patch is on the PTR now… Hope we find some neat customizations.

3 Likes

Get this back up there.

1 Like

Wish they hadn’t taken my TL3… used to have it account wide now I can only have it on my main forum poster. (Unless I want to do a lot more work.)

Tempted to remake the thread with my main forum character so I don’t lose the ability to add new pictures.

Just feels wrong to use my void elf instead of my Mechagnome.

Its just TL3. Its really nothing special. The majority of time I see people post pictures is because of a meme. The minority of time is if they’re making a reference to more customizations. Mostly from awesome possum Breackcog.

Don’t let the whole trust level thingy get to you man. Its just the WoW forums.

1 Like

A lot is changing in TWW. Maybe we’ll see some interesting customizations!

3 Likes

One thing id like is put my gnomish head on top of a big body mecha armor, to be as high as a kultiran for instance

3 Likes

I hope that you are right. I am maining a Mechagnome in DF and TWW, it’s a priest so transmog isn’t nearly as limited. They are fun to play and they have a very specific fun aesthetic.

The real problem is for whatever reason Blizzard has implemented this idea that all of the limbs must be mechanical and has destroyed the players ability to transmog. I was hoping when they were introduced we would be able to pick 1 or 2 or 3 or whatever limbs to be mechanical but there is only 1 option and it really limits the fantasy of playing one. They can easily make it an option as you have shown with the mockup picture and i don’t understand why Blizzard hasn’t made it happen to increase the appeal of the race itself. Making everyone have all 4 limbs be mechanical definitely limits appeal and it makes them all look the same.

Yes, it starts out with limited appeal and i’m sure only a small portion of the playerbase will play them but don’t they deserve the love and attention other races have? At a minimum for a race with such limited appeal everything that can be done should be done to improve it’s reach to be played. They need more hair customizations, more facial hair customizations too like a full beard, they should have more headpiece options IN ADDITION to opening up the already available ones to be a pick and choose, why is it the metallic chin piece is only available tied to certain options? Why can’t it be something you pick with whatever head gear you choose? Why do things have to be so limited?

I don’t understand why Blizzard hasn’t put more love and attention into Mechagnomes when it is clearly needed but then again they haven’t really done much for Lightforged Draenei, in fact most of the AR’s need work but Mechagnomes in particular need a LOT of work to bring them inline with the original races.

4 Likes

Bringing this back since there has yet to be more customizations for Mechagnomes on the trading post.

3 Likes

While Blizzard has indicated no new customizations are coming with the initial patches of TWW, there is little reason not to continue pushing for them to finally do the right thing and give us (and everyone else) a proper range of customizations. Blizzard never even got close to finishing the customizations across races and much less so for several of the Allied Races.

I hope Blizzard remembers the Mechagnomes and how much potential we have for customizations.

2 Likes