Mechagnome Allied Race Discussion

Do the spindly limbs make anyone else uncomfortable?

I would rather they be more like Fullmetal Alchemist Automail.

I want Mimiron-style mechagnomes. If these styles donā€™t think Iā€™ll play it.

So I was thinking of Racials that the junker gnomes would have. And for some reason this popped in my head. It would be like the Zandalari loa racial. Where you would pick an new loa every five days, but it would be Different upgrade you can do for you choice for your junker gnome.

For example

1. Grappling hand, shot out your robotic hand and pull you closer to the Mark location
  2. Hoover boots, Cast slow fall on yourself
  3. inflatable shoes, allow yourself to walk on water
2 Likes

Its a shame more people arenā€™t discussing this. Like, regardless of whether you like the idea of Cyborg Gnomes or not (and conceptually they do look pretty good atm) ā€¦ those potential racials are bound to be pretty interesting. The Grapple Hand on your list actually sounds SUPER useful and possible.

5 Likes

Mechagnomes are such a quirky race, their racials have the potential to be really fun and creative. I like your idea of a selection of utility upgrades.

I like the way their limbs look, but it appears that there will also be more robust options for the arms and legs. Wowhead just did another article on mechagnome customization, and there are options to add armor plating to the thighs and forearms.

4 Likes

I donā€™t understand the appeal. Are there really people that want to be a quadriplegic midget in a fantasy game?

I would understand playing as full robot gnomes, but not amputeesā€¦ is there something Iā€™m missing or does it just not make sense?

They may want to make the bulky ones mandatory to cut down on the body horror but add more types.

Different strokes for different folks. I love the shorty races, and cybernetic mechagnomes bring a unique spin on gnomes both in appearance and culture. Personally, I have no interest in playing any sort of elves, but I understand that not everyone shares my tastes, and thatā€™s okay!

9 Likes

I canā€™t stand tall races. One of the reasons I enjoy playing gnomes so much is because I enjoy fighting something so much bigger than I. It feels more satisfying in defeating opponents when seemingly at a disadvantage.

3 Likes

Alright, I understand that some people like the less popular races, Iā€™m a weirdo that likes gangly tusked creatures. Itā€™s just not something I personally like, but I respect your preferences.

Itā€™s unfortunate that theyā€™ll probably look very similar to regular gnomes when in full armour. I do suppose itā€™s par for the course with a lot of allied races just being recolours with tattoos, but I wish it wasnā€™t that way.

Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say it again. Hide armor options will solve this. Lets not forget they have some unique hairstyles and facial custom options. Those eyes they use are bound to stand out.

2 Likes

I need my MechaGnome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

~https://i.imgur.com/ab4ybx8.png

So tell me Yseut. How do you feel about the prospect of Demonic fel tinker goblins and gnomes? Here is a sneak peak of the project Iā€™ve been working on. The second picture is what I look like in my more serious RP.

Wow. These things are actually pretty darn cool. Iā€™d love if this ended up being a class or allied race. Some sort of Mecha demon hunter of sorts. Gnomest. Did you make this yourself?

3 Likes

Just about all the edits and changes you see in there were done by me. I did make some custom art for it as well. Of course, those obviously use a lot of existing blizzard assets.

1 Like

Ok but if these become a thing there has to be that terminator-like half face option and someone will need to get sunglasses to finish the mog.

Just saying.

1 Like

Terminator half face? That is a good idea. Might be tricky however.

This needs to be their /Dance!

Also, Blizz needs to give every allied race a unique /Dance! Why just the Zandalari and Kul Tirans?

5 Likes

Iā€™m honestly warming up to MechaGnomes the more I see of them. For a lot of allied races, once I saw who they were and their storylines, I got excited to see them playable. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing the MechaGnome story when 8.2 hits, and Iā€™ll happily create a MechaGnome should they become an allied race. ^^

6 Likes

I get you on the trolls! The only race taller than a dwarf that I have ever leveled is my Darkspear druid. I love the colorful tiger cat form (plus bat form!!), and Darkspears have a scrappy survivor feel to them that reminds me of what I like about gnomes.

As far as mechagnomes looking like regular gnomes in armor, I think having the limbs exposed (similar to how undead have their bones exposed or several races have their feet exposed) will mitigate most of that. Plus, being able to hide more armor slots will help other allied races that also have this issue.

5 Likes

Since we have seen that capybaras live only on Mechagon Island, I think a capybara (perhaps of the cyborg or mechanical variety) would make an awesome (and adorable) starting pet for mechagnome hunters. There are so many great mechanical models now, but I just love capys (or should I say ā€¦ snooters :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: ).

3 Likes