Mechagnome Allied Race Discussion

And this bad boy looks to be from an achievement.

1 Like

It looks like there is another recolor of the spider tank acquired through a series of quests from Rustbolt:
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/836058.jpg

Plus a new hoverbot model from reaching Exalted with Rustbolt Resistance:
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/836059.jpg

And I am intrigued by this one mechagnome lady standing in what appears to be a mechanical claw mount:
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/836984-giddy-gallon.jpg

I wonder if the mechagnome racial mount would be a recolor of one of these new models, a recolor of the Gnomeregan mechanostrider, or something we have not seen yet?

On a different topic, it looks like vulpera as an allied race got an optimism boost through a datamined Brewfest icon. I hope we will see a mechagnome-themed Brewfest icon in the near future!

3 Likes

Makes me wonder if Mecha Gnomes would use ale as fuel, kinda like Bender from Futurama. ^^

2 Likes

I support Mechagnomes!

7 Likes

They could get the dragonbreath chili effect tied to a burp every so often.

2 Likes

Mechagnomes are bellow average at best for an allied race, if they are added chances are I won’t rush to unlock them, instead getting rep as the game goes.
However, if horde get’s Vulpera, a race with arguably way more time put into them, I am gonna be mad

13 Likes

I think mechagnomes are cooler than vulpera, but that is just my opinion.

2 Likes

I mean, if you look at the dressing room they are almost the same thing as Gnomes but with prosthesis and different hair-styles. Male mechagnomes can’t even have eyebrows
 While Vulpera at least are completely different from the goblins save the animations.

Junkers have a surprising amount of effort put into them. Their core customization options are solid; they’re turning out to have fairly good lore and culture; and they look like they’ll enhance the CORE Gnome lore with their release. Junker’s are shaping up to be doing everything that is needed from a decent (above average) Allied Race. The reason people hate them is because they’re gnomes 
 that’s it. They are conceptually WAY better than the Void Elves (which are lacking severely in several areas).

Vulpera are also shaping up to look like a solid Allied race, but they are just Goblin Rigs with tails. Their lore is rather shallow. Even though its being built up with their relations with the Zandalari, its nothing to really to write home about yet. Their civilization would fit the Horde, being nomadic and having been enslaved before; but its their appearance that’s really carrying them atm. Not to mention their political affiliations are growing STRONGER towards the Horde and Zandalari; and more contentious with the Alliance 
 Not sure why they’d be neutral or an Alliance Allied race?

7 Likes

I think its good that only the base races have access to being DH’s and Deathknights. DH’s are race restricted to the 2 elves which is very cool.

Tinkers should be for the little people. :slight_smile:

The Gnomes and Goblins should only be allowed to be tinkers. It’ll make gnomes and goblins have so much value.

If you could be a Belf, Dwarf, Human, or even a Tauren Tinker it would take away from what could make Gnomes and Goblins so special now.

Those 2 races really need something to make them bad*ss.

2 Likes

Not to mention their political affiliations are growing STRONGER towards the Horde and Zandalari; and more contentious with the Alliance 
 Not sure why they’d be neutral or an Alliance Allied race?

I did not ask for Vulpera allied race for the Alliance side, I was comparing both saying that should alliance get Mechagnomes and Horde Vulpera, Vulpera are obviously the superior option.

Again, it’s all subjective, but I can’t fathom why would someone prefer Gnomes but gnomer rather than nomad fox people.
I mean, Lightforged Draenei was already bad, they are just Draenei but even more Draeneir.

And while I agree that they are conceptually better than void elves, this theme of (I am you but stronger) that the alliance has been getting has got boring. Seriously, I’ve been complaining about this ever since we learn we would get Void elves and LF Draenei that are just empowered version of their cousins.

3 Likes

Hey, I wont say that the Alliance’s allied races haven’t been worse than the Horde’s, but honestly 
 with how Allied Race’s function I attribute that more to the fact that EVERY SINGLE one of the Horde’s Allied races are actual communities, cultures, and civilizations (while the Lightforged are more an “Organization” and the Void Elves don’t really have anything).

• Highmountain Tauren barely have any physical differences from their Bloodhoof counterparts. Just antlers and red-tattoos.

• Nightborne make sense to have joined up with the Blood Elves (if you really pay close attention to Liadrin and Tyrande’s behaviors), but they really are little more than pallet swapped Night Elves.

• Mag’har got lucky with the textures they have been allowed (like, woah!), but they are really just pallet swapped Brown Orcs with tattoos.

• Zandalari males run off Male Night Elf rigs, females are near identical to Darkspear Females. While impressive in design, they aren’t exactly far from the norm of what to expect from the Allied Race system so far (with their druid forms being the exception).

Bluntly, Junker Gnomes are not bad conceptually. They have been given the time, history, and zones enough to make them somewhat compelling. Not only that, like the Kul Tirans, they are an actual civilization of their own; helped by the fact that they were completely isolated (and thus not blended) with Gnomergon Gnome communities. While I know this isn’t saying much, on a objective level they are likely to be one of the best Allied Races currently for the Alliance; and at least a solidly above average Allied Race in general. Honestly, there isn’t anything wrong with them 
 other than the fact that the other Alliance Allied races have been so lackluster.

8 Likes

I agree lore-wise they are more than fine, but I still can’t find the appeal in them. Might be, like you said, because they are gnomes, but nothing in them screams a need to be an allied race
 At least to me, that is.

Meh, I think a little part of me is still hoping they might get Gnome “Druids” and just turn them into like Transformers lol! Plus, I am REALLY digging the clear Bioshock/Cyberpunk theme they got going with their obsession over cybernetics.

2 Likes

Is this how heritage armor would look like?
(Saw this in the Red Shirt Guy’s Twitter)

2 Likes

Junker Gnomes are cyborgs.

Mechagnomes are complex robots, with a single base model, and no gender. The majority in game lack personality or free will.

Regular Gnomes devolved from Mechagnomes via the Curse of the Flesh.

If you quest as Alliance through Borean Tundra you will do the Re-cursive quest lines. The gnomes there dig up and repair a crazy Mechagnome. He cures a bunch of them of the curse of the flesh turning them back into mechagnomes. The PC then saves some of these guys by reapplying the curse of the flesh and reverting them back to regular gnomes.

Cyborg gnomes are silly given that via the above, Gnomes should be able to revert to full robot form for repairs and then revert back to flesh gnomes whole again.

1 Like

In essence, this is one of the key things that marks the distinction between mechagnomes, junker gnomes and Gnomeregan gnomes.

1. Mechagnomes

Full machine. They believe it is the best and most ideal form of a gnome. Gnomes that have the curse of flesh are considered sick.

1. Junker gnomes

They believe in enhancing their bodies with bionics to improve themselves, but wouldn’t go so far as to go full machine. King Mechagon is the one who is crossing this line.

1. Gnomergan gnomes believe in advancement through technology, but essentially look at the curse of flesh as a blessing in some ways.
5 Likes

I’d be happy with that, but would add the Mechagnomes and whatever the next horde allied race is to the list. I would assume Vulpera. Two options for each faction.

1 Like

Yes. The Gnomes, Mechagnomes, Goblins, and whatever allied race gets paired with the Goblins. Maybe Gilblins or Vulpera. I think the Vulpera are “scrappers” and there isn’t enough of lore on them or in game representation to make a proper judgement.

What is known is that Vulpera “could” be tinkers. Maybe.

They would need to expand on them as a race. Maybe the zones that open up in 8.3 will show us more Vulpera. Hopefully. I hope Voldun aren’t their only home.

To expand it to the base races you could make Dwarf and Orc tinkers. The Belfs/Velfs could also be tinkers because both races have a history with engineering.

I think it’d be safe to keep it to the 4 races originally. The Gnomes and the Goblins with their allied races.

1 Like

I did not realize until now how much I need a ray gun:
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/836472.jpg

Let alone a blowtorch mace:
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/836395.jpg

Or Tesla coil fishing rod:
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/836405.jpg

If these Mechagon dungeon drops are any indication, then the mechagnome racial armor has the potential to be off-the-wall mad-scientist amazing! Hopefully, any potential tinker class can take advantage of this same aesthetic.

4 Likes