Mechagnome Allied Race Discussion

It seems that there is a Prince of Mechagon involved in the resistance against the evil robo gnomes, so I would guess that they would likely be the allied race leader for the Mecha Gnomes that would join the Alliance. ^^

1 Like

Excitement builds! The new PTR has mechagnome models:

The model viewer does not seem to have all of the customization features available yet, but there seems to be a good variety of potential modifications based on some of the images:

https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2019/april/mechanognomes.jpg

Some faces have only a few mechanical features while others go almost full robot, plus there are multiple hairstyles and colors.

Plus, there is a new rep faction called the ā€œRustbolt Resistance,ā€ always a good sign for a potential allied race!

3 Likes

Sourceā€¦? Because thereā€™s several QnAs and interviews saying exactly the opposite.

My source:

When can be expect information about the next set of Allied Races?

When they do come, theyā€™ll probably come from the same sources as previous Allied Races ā€“ BlizzCon, Patches, etc.

1 Like

Happy to see this thread start to get some action like the Gilblin megathread. Seems like the Robo Gnomes are a likely allied race pick. Looking forward to seeing what clues there are for them and helping out. ^^

2 Likes

Sorry, I canā€™t be hyped forā€¦ this.

18 Likes

Whatā€™s stopping regular Gnomes from going into the de-limbing machine and getting new customizations as their version of Night Warrior?

15 Likes

@Yseut. Gnome fans everywhere are rejoicing I bet. All this awesome gnome content. Every gnome nerdā€™s dream come true.

Whatā€™s stopping regular Gnomes from going into the de-limbing machine and getting new customizations as their version of Night Warrior?

Different principles. Regular gnomes believe in advancement through technology, but wonā€™t go so far as to turn themselves into robots.

2 Likes

Different cultural norms. From what we understand Mechagon developed entirely independently from Gnomergon (no communication between the two Gnome civilizations before now).

While Gnomergon was more exposed to the other civilizations of EK (and took up some cultural expectations and values from them) ā€¦ isolated as Mechagon was, they seem to have a far higher fixation on their Mechagnome roots (thus the cybernetics).

Weā€™ll have to wait and see how the two Gnomish civilizations differ.

3 Likes

Anyone else find how close Mechagon is to be odd? Like how did a nation with a fleet of ships not already see this? I was expecting more of a surprise in location I guess.

2 Likes

For those that do want them, great. I wonā€™t be playing one.

3 Likes

You know, if I recall correctly, both Alliance and Horde are suppose to assist the Junker Gnomes, right? If so, Iā€™m curious, if they become an allied race, if you could meet the unlock criteria on a Horde character and use an Alliance character to do the unlock questline for them. That or have to do all the criteria on an Alliance character.

After seeing this stuff on PTR, Iā€™m more convinced that the mechagnomes were originally planned to be paired with Magā€™har before they decided to do Kul Tirans.

The way the initial junkheap quests ended abruptly and pick up again now with no apparent link really looks like the new part was delayed. And all those spinning gear animations seems like overkill for an NPC only race. Yea, I could see animating the gears on some common abilities or idles, but for moves rarely or never used by mobs, stationary gears would have been more efficient. Even if they automated them with a script or fancy constraints in Maya, thatā€™s still a lot of extra keyframe data floating around for no reason.

Iā€™d say thereā€™s a good chance theyā€™ll be either an allied race, or the assets used for customization on a tinker class in 9.0. That the goblins are in Mechagon too could be be leading towards some of them also being mechanized for a tinker class.

I admit, I chuckled at that.

1 Like

WowHead has the Alliance introduction to Mechagon up on their website. Iā€™d paste a link, but Iā€™m told Iā€™m not allowed to.

Looks like we got some stuff to analyze. ^^

MECHAGNOME DRUIDS!!! Iā€™m sorry, yes a good write up, but without a mechagnome druid this would be a failed race. Blizz has had a hard time justifying new classes for the Gnomes for some time, this would give that option. Plus it would. E cute as hell, doubly so if they were the size of battle pets.

Tinkerer class is a dumb idea that I doubt will pan out, especially when you start talking class balance. 36 specs is hard enough, but adding another 3 would just make it worse. Their is Engineering for a reason.

In thinking on it some, even though Horde and Alliance both work with the Robo Gnomes, I may suggest that in the event they do become an allied race that people should do achievements and such involving them on Alliance characters.

Itā€™s a fairly good guess that they would be Alliance, and while unlock criteria might count on Horde characters that do it, itā€™s better to be safe than sorry. Besides, youā€™ll need an Alliance character to do the unlock questline itself anyway.

Just a thought I had is all. ^^;

I donā€™t care about the haters, I want these to be playable!

4 Likes

No thanks bfa has enough rep grinds thanks. I do like the heritage armor though so thats high on my collection list.

They will be the new Nightborne. Both factions work with them but they end up siding with only one.

I was hoping these would be their racial mount, but itā€™s looking like a drop from the Dungeon.

1 Like