Mechagnome Allied Race Discussion

Pass but you did a nice job writing up your concept, so good work on that.

2 Likes

I want MechaGnome Paladins and I want them to call the Light the Spark.

And this will be their Order’s theme song!

3 Likes

I know opinion on these designs are split, but I love them.

And I’m not saying your opinion is wrong. I’m just saying you have the wrong opinion. /s

5 Likes

I really love their customization options, especially that Joan Crawford hairstyle.

4 Likes

Honestly just give me those hairstyles for normal gnomes and we can call it a day.

3 Likes

Yes…what a coincidence…

I want Gilgoblin added. Not because I want to play one, but bc I want Gilgoblin fans to have the option.

3 Likes

These guys are going to be the nail in the coffin for any reasonable Alliance player.

25 Likes

Watching the 8.2 preview stream, my suggestions on things to work on, should we get Mecha/Junker Gnomes as an allied race are: the new war campaign quests, l’m sure a new rep will appear for the robo gnomes we work with, and likely the new Mechagon mega dungeon will need to be completed.

Soon as 8.2 hits, I hope people will be looking for clues for allied races in general. It’ll make the allied race megathreads active with discussions. ^^

2 Likes

What?

Then call me unreasonable. Mechagnomes Forever!

3 Likes

I’m fine with Mecha/Junker Gnomes, myself. I’m sure the storyline will be neat with their introduction and working together with them.

Might even consider making a male robognome fury warrior if they do become playable. ^^

3 Likes

Taliesin and Evitel’s vid about 8.2.

Lots of little details not covered in Blizz’s overview of 8.2, like Mechagon having more secrets per square inch than anywhere else in game.

2 Likes

These guys are going to be the nail in the coffin for any reasonable Alliance player.

There is nothing unreasonable about this as an allied race. Not only is it more than reasonable, but Gnomes are long overdue for some good content.

7 Likes

Oh my gosh, we will be earning rep with the Rustbolt Rebellion! I know exactly where I will be on patch day.

10:20 Introduction to the island Mechagon
14:30 Video of mechagnomes in action (Also, I love the new gnome music!)
14:53 SPIDER TANK MOUNT! (Yes!! What a great surprise!)
15:12 Introduction to the dungeon Operation: Mechagon

I like that Mechagon island seems to be designed around interacting with the environment, building and upgrading things, solving puzzles, discovering secrets, and collecting mounts, pets, and other items. Feels very gnomish.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t mind this as a customization option for our regular gnomes, but I really don’t feel like making them an allied race would be the way to go. Maybe we could have a quest that could empower us into a Mechagnome working similar to the night warrior questline.

I just don’t want regular Gnomes to lose their spotlight to something else, especially since we’ve never had the spotlight to begin with.

12 Likes

I totally agree that we need to make sure our original gnomes do not get left behind in the story. If mechagnomes play up the tinkering and mechanical aspect of gnomes, then I would like to see Gnomeregan gnomes embrace their arcane and magical roots a little more. Gnomes can trace their creation through Mimiron back to Norgannon, the titan of magic and knowledge. They have been long-time members of the Kirin Tor and Council of Tirisfal, and the first recorded gnome in history was one of the mages who empowered the first Guardian of Tirisfal (not sure if this last bit is canon). Plus gnomes have a proud and illustrious tradition of achieving greatness as warlocks (LOL). In all seriousness, gnomes have a remarkable open-mindedness when it comes to dark or unconventional magic.

If Mekkatorque is out of action for a while or gets the mechagnome treatment, an event that I would be excited to see play out in game is Gnomeregan elections. There could be three or four candidates, some familiar characters and some new blood, all campaigning for High Tinker. They could be different classes and have different philosophies and priorities that could really show off the diversity and complexity in gnomish culture. This would give Gnomeregan gnomes a chance to decide their future and really establish their identity as distinct from mechagnomes.

2 Likes

-All armor except pants can be hidden now.

• That’s more of a reason FOR them to be playable.
  • Same can be said about any Allied race with magic.

Pretty sure they will be just npcs like vulpera were. I think we are done with allied races at this point. We have too many at this point including the core races. I read an article ion said they were a bad idea and there’s no more plans for more. No one is going to play the regular races once we have all new shinies with better models and customization.

i would prefer if you were able to play the fully robotic form that people like mimiron has

2 Likes

Not me, but I hope it’s an option. Maybe when you create the character it’ll have head and limb options, etc…

1 Like