Mecha-Gnomes were a terrible idea

All of the end game raiders that are either struggling to find people to play with, or already moved to the horde because of the imbalance, would disagree. It’s definitely becoming a problem. It’s just becoming obvious that as the playerbase shrinks, they don’t really have the ability to keep the factions balanced, especially when they keep giving all the popular stuff to the horde.

In my opinion if they didn’t have any good ideas to give the alliance (which they didn’t) they shouldn’t have started advertising the allied races in that way. They all should have been barbershop options, with the exceptions of the zandalari and kul’tirans.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the kt hate either. My other main is a KT shaman.

3 Likes

its ok that you dont like mechagnomes, but the rep thing? if you aren’t exalted you weren’t playing the game. easiest rep this expansion to max.

1 Like

I’m glad they’re not High Elves.

A blue eyed option for Belves or fair skin for Velves in Shadowlands is more than enough to satisfy and end that debate methinks.

3 Likes

If I had the choice to go Alliance, my mage would be a KTan. Alas I have too many commitments to Horde right now.

No point in adding High Elves anyhow when we already have them. They just exist on the Horde. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are plenty of high elf threads. Let us not make this into one of them.

2 Likes

Green eyes are best eyes. :stuck_out_tongue: I got green eyes irl though I’m fairly certain it isn’t because of the fel. Might be because I’m a bunch of snakes in a human suit as another poster called me in another thread. :thinking:

1 Like

Fair enough. Just figured it was relevent because they are related to where the mechagnome hate stems from.

Sometimes we wonder…

1 Like

It doesn’t matter when it is for the alliance.
In fact, nothing good has been done for the alliance since the beginning of BfA.

I’m sorry to have to say that you’re wrong.
Popularity matters, especially when another group gets something popular and loved and your group doesn’t.

Otherwise, junkgnome would not be the target of so much bitterness for making the alliance feel unsuccessful.

And no one expected that gnomes would not receive junkgnomes, just as trolls received zandalars.

But it was a kick in the face to receive something recycled for a niche, and the horde something done for most and something that brings prestige that has no real relationship with goblins, except the rig.

But do we have a race that has the worgen rig being used only to be an abandoned npc (like arakkoas in WOD), even though it is equally desired as vulperas, just because blizzard had the creative inclination to work something better for the alliance? Disappointing.

And as much as other races, Draeneis included, who have some power, will be irrelevant as was Vindicaar or the technology of the non-mutilated gnomes.

The whole thing is so abysmally atrocious, that if it weren’t for the pathfinder, we could get through the whole BfA without stepping on Junklande and we wouldn’t miss anything from the BfA story. The place is irrelevant and the feeling of irrelevance overflows in the way they were created.

Junkgnomes has nothing to do with BfA. War? Azshara? N’zoth? Syl? Nothing!
If Blizzard had been more honest, the breed’s name would have been cybergnomes and not Mechagnomes, something they are only in name, to pretend to be something that was asked for.

3 Likes

-Imagines a bunch of snakes trying to pass off as a human- … -Snort-

I wonder too. xD Though my last x-ray was snake free, I assure you.

1 Like

So only popular things matter? Those with more niche or less popular tastes shouldn’t be given any attention at all?

3 Likes

It’s the fact that The Alliance has been slapped in the race repeatedly when it comes to getting “Popular Things” and always getting Saddled with Garbage.

4 Likes

Pure numbers-wise, void elves and dark irons are pretty popular.

The other allied races might have a more niche following, but the Horde isn’t exempt from that either. Don’t see a lot of highmountain or nightborne out there.

On my server you do.

Guess how many Mecha-Gnome PCs I’e seen of late?

Zero.

Yes, especially when I get something popular Byke and you get irrelevant Yo-yo.
Either everyone receives equal treatment or assume that allaince is the non-favorite child.

Its probably your mental bias trying to trick you into believing they don’t exist.

2 Likes

So go play a blood elf or human if all you care about is popularity. Blizz should try to cater to as wide an audience as possible. I’m super glad there is finally a robotic race in the game.

1 Like

The mechagnomes did not take the Sethrak from us. They were planned from the beginning, as were the Vulpera.

If you’d give these races you are a jerk to a bit more of a chance you might just actually like them.

In either case that mentally is just butt-facey. You don’t like a thing so clearly it’s horde favoritism.

They’re all busy playing rather than sitting around counting how many of each race they see. Lol

(Hypothesis): I imagine Kul Tirans are disliked because they’re not really a different race at all, just a different body-type. Imagine for a moment that Mag’har were added with the upright Orc model. That’s Kul Tirans, in effect. Same race, just a different body-type/posture.