May I ask why there is so little CM communication anymore?

There really wasn’t a lot of communication before the layoffs. However, they laid off the people who did communicate. The rest are just hiding out and trying not to draw attention to themselves.

2 Likes

I will step up as the unofficial community manager. Feel free to ask me anything.

4 Likes

I’ve been hearing people say this for years but I honestly cannot recall a time when this was true.

1 Like

Communication was much better through the end of Cataclysm. After that it severely died off.

Y u ignur m3? Mi fedbak gud.

1 Like

Your feedback is excellent and concise. I will personally see to it that I consider your feedback.

2 Likes

Dus meen i hiurd? I beder thin develippurs.

Love him or hate him, Ghostcrawler engaged with the community more frequently, more sincerely, and more effectively. Since he left, Dev communications has been limited to need-to-know basis. No conversation or dialogue where players feedback is taken into account.

Over 800 Customer Service Reps laid off, amid record breaking profits, many of whom were CM’s, some of those CM’s really well known and some of the most active Mods on these forums (Ythisens for example) have left a sour taste in everyone’s mouth.

Anyone who has been active on these forums for a number of years can tell you that the toxicity and aggression has actually SEVERELY declined over the years. These forums are as amicable as they ever been, in comparison to the past.

And yet, communication is close to none-existent. So yes, I do believe players are entitled to feel cynicism and pounce at a Blue coming over once every few months to comment on a joke on a fun little thread, when there are mountains of things that need or rather should be addressed and everyone has sealed lips.

Don’t get me wrong, I am aware that CM’s are trying to save their jobs more than anything, and I have no idea of the inner workings of the company; but it goes to show how much of the current “communication” problem can be attributed to them (meaning blizzard as a whole not CM’s) and not the player base.

2 Likes

They fired the CM’s in the layoffs…

1 Like

They make a comment every few years about “improving communication” but the complete lack of any effort toward this goal shows that for the lip service it is.

1 Like

Well when you fire everyone in the customer service department, it’ll slow down the responses by around 100%

I don’t disagree. My only guess is “there’s no point arguing with unreasonable people”. The forum is constantly flooded with “hate Blizzard” messages, and 95% of them have no logical basis. They are all like this:

“BFA is terrible! (compared to an imaginary fictional game in my mind. So what if it is the best MMO on the planet? It is still terrible!)”

How can you argue with that? Why bother? There is no point. Neither CMs or Blizzard (or players that like BFA) have any interest in arguing, and in being attacked for everything they say. So they don’t bother.

2 Likes

Op,it would be good to have a CM drop in to just say "Hi "every once in awhile in an environment not so full of hate.If we do that just maybe one would .

1 Like

The end of Cataclysm was in 2012. That’s 7 years ago. Is this thread really about comparing 2019 and pre-2012? That is not a “current problem”, that is “ancient history”.

They are in a lose-lose situation if they respond.

I disagree.

Like I mentioned above, toxicity and hostility are at an all time low. Matter of fact more than half of current negative threads are solely made by the fantastic new option of people who don’t play the game but still get to post on the forums.

And besides, communication is the issue here, not interaction. Two different things. I recall once again, the great Devs Watercoolers. They can communicate without responding to the comments, if that is the issue. That isn’t happening either.

My biggest gripe is that frankly, I have no idea who is responsible for it. I can’t say it’s the CM’s, because that isn’t true. Nor do I know if it’s on the Dev’s anymore. Sad times.

1 Like

I agree. The lack of communication is a longstanding and ongoing problem.

1 Like

:joy::rofl:

BfA is garbage. If they can’t deal with people telling them so, maybe they should make a game that isn’t garbage.

4 Likes

Part if it was the mas lay offs they did a little while ago. Part of it is they’d just get obliterated by the peeps on GD.

Lets see. They are full on in the middle of Classic development with 8.2 right around the corner.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/groups/blizzard-tracker/activity/posts

Looks like 18 posts in the last week and a half. All centered around…and I know this is going to be a shocker…8.2 and Classic.

I am not sure what exactly you are expecting.

Specifically, what communication do you want that isn’t covered by Classic and future patches/changes to the game?

2 Likes