May I ask why there is so little CM communication anymore?

In my opinion CM communication has never been a big thing. Even when there were certain community managers that posted here, it was mostly in joke threads like “what did you have for breakfast?”

Business as usual honestly.

5 Likes

IIRC, was it Lore that said there was a new communications plan to offset the layoffs? Something about other CMs posting more as part of it? Does anyone else remember that or did I totally make that up in my twisted little brain?

Maybe it’s because every time they try to communicate it’s met with QQ. Either the CM isn’t telling people what those people want to hear, or every word they say gets picked apart. No they don’t get paid to be GDs personal punching bag. They get paid to relay our feedback to the devs.

It’s also likely the devs haven’t given them anything to talk to us about. The forums are first and foremost here for us to discuss and give feedback on the game. Anytime a discussion receives a blue post, that discussion quickly gets derailed by people airing their pet grievances or asking why they’re not looking at whatever topic they agree with.

2 Likes

Because its not important to this game anymore. Mobile is the future and blizzard is following that trend.

1 Like

We haven’t had a CM worth their weight in many years now.

3 Likes

The only people that ever really saw his posts were the people who hung out in joke and lounge threads anyway.

1 Like

Not true. Bashiok quit, he wasn’t fired.

3 Likes

1 Like

I don’t think Blizzard properly utilizes or values their CM roles in the first place. But to be fair, most organizations don’t.

1 Like

Ok, the forums can be QQ, but guess what? Thats literally their job. Customer service is all QQ in any sector

9 Likes

No, they’re job is not to listen to the qq and be GDs punching bag. They’re job is to relay our feedback to the devs. Then to give us any information the devs want to share with us.

That line of thinking you’ve got is exactly why CS jobs suck. (And why there is a shortage of people wanting to work a minimum wage job just listen to be yelled at because they had to tell someone no.)

1 Like

blue posts aren’t met with standard “QQ” though.

people are willing to say things on the internet, which they wouldn’t dare say one on one.

perhaps you haven’t seen how people completely lose their minds and become rabid when they don’t get their way.

3 Likes

This.

I won’t say his name, but a CM of the past (who was terminated) said it best. I’ll let you google him. There is no “winning” with the community.

3 Likes

If its that bad, you get banned. Move on with life. This is probably easier than face to face anyday

And if you want to see it, go to a retail store after a major holiday. Stand near the CS counter.

Not really. They’re moreso liaisons for the development team.

1 Like

They let Ythisens go earlier this year, that’s basically why. He was one of the most active CMs the game has ever had when it came to community managers. He responded to feedback threads and even the joking/fun threads, he appeared often in class/community discords as well.

I wouldn’t say this is the most silence the game has ever had, that’s ridiculous. We’ve had a ton of QAs for this expansion/beta along with plenty of CM posts, however the CM posts have been lacking heavily since Ythisens was let go.

1 Like

i feel like my generation failed to educate their children properly.
people shouldn’t be abusing store staff.
…and if employers permit it, they’re part of the problem.

2 Likes

They did? I don’t see what that has to do with the blizzard forums.

Probably because they fired 800 employees including CMs not that long ago, and the ones remaining are overworked.

3 Likes