May I ask why there is so little CM communication anymore?

Multiple issues with the game atm, and not a peep from anyone. In fact, I’d say this is the least amount of communication in wows history.

29 Likes

I have no idea, honestly. CM communication used to be a big thing but, you’re right, it seems rare nowadays.

It’s pretty sad because it makes people want to engage more in the forums. Hope it changes soon.

5 Likes

Activision fired anyone that wasn’t “essential”.

58 Likes

What are they going to say? “We know the game sucks right now. Soz.”

I don’t even pay attention to blue posts when they DO come because they’re either about the same 3 or 4 specs that they love to work on or they’re the usual double talk that addresses nothing.

Communication for communication’s sake is unproductive.

4 Likes

They probably fired a bunch of em.

9 Likes

I think we’ve hit a point that there’s nothing much they can say before releasing 8.2
It’s like their last bet to save this expansion, if that doesn’t work Idk what will happen but something definitly will be needed.

3 Likes

I remember in the past the CM would interact with the forums. I do miss reading those Blue posts. I remember reading the forums daily and think its nice to see the CM’s interacting with us.
But those days are gone it seems.

2 Likes

This. They canned a lot of their Customer Service staff because mobile games don’t need customer service.

14 Likes

Look at it logically: If you’re a company and a development team that consistently ignores what the players want/say/think in most aspects of the game (allied races, GCD, portal removal, class pruning, azerite gear, all beta feedback for 2 expacs in a row), why WOULD you invest money in customer service positions like CM.

They don’t need CM’s because they have no use for those positions as they don’t fit the internal Actibliz culture.

This is their game and they want us to play it their way and when we don’t they tell us we’re playing it wrong and make changes to keep us from doing so.

26 Likes

That’s just how I picture Blizzard nowadays. Nothing wrong with that.

2 Likes

Layoffs and some bigger players leaving Activision Blizzard is my guess.

1 Like

They laid off the good ones.

2 Likes

A combination of CMs getting laid off, and the reaction of the majority of people when a CM posts.

“Wow CM is posting in this thread about cookies, instead of addressing the real issues.” I say in the snobbiest voice possible. Most people just see a Blue post and assume it’s someone who’s responsible for making the game.

2 Likes

They fired the best cm member

7 Likes

Have you spent any amount if time in these forums?

That’s why.

4 Likes

Look out for the thought police!

4 Likes

Criticism on word choice isn’t thought police? You two are friggin’ strange people.

OP, if you want an example of why they may want to avoid the forums, just look at who they have to work with.

3 Likes

I’m friendly though

Then am I allowed to criticize your choice of the word “lame” earlier? That’s very insensitive to people with disabilities and basically hate speech against a minority group.

Am I doing this right?

On topic, most of Blizzard’s recent layoffs have targeted Customer Service roles as they attempt to automate those systems more and more. If you want to see how effective that is, head over to the Heroes of the Storm Forums where every other thread is raging (rightfully so) about the automated report/ban system.

4 Likes

They downsized the CM department earlier this year, and one of the people let go was also the most active on the forums.

2 Likes