MAX ILevel limit in random bgs

This. The pvp gearing system itself is silly but it’s the lesser of evils. Just isn’t as bad as people make it out to be when you consider the other factors layered in.

1 Like

100% true. Night fae rogues are still a considerable threat. I was distracted changing an awful track from a playlist in a battleground, and a 60k health rogue killed me in under 3 seconds with his dots. :frowning:

What are you going to buy with that? A base ilvl legendary? I’m not sure there are as many worthwhile items in the auction house for new players as you believe. I feel they need to farm anima to get the greens from Zereth Mortis, but I’m not even sure they can get there without completing the campaign at least once. :expressionless:

I think it’s a bit mean to call all of them lazy, as the process of getting gear isn’t that obvious when you think about it. I help people figure it out all the time.

3 Likes

It isn’t complicated though and too many paths is why gearing is a mess. It should be simple. Remove the toxic Great RNG Vault as well. Weekly chest from doing a chore list are always bad!

Rated PvP should be about seasonal competition only. Period! You should acquire BiS gear before the competition and compete on even ground. The gearing path in PvP should be through BGs/WPvP and Quest to acquire conquest. Then you take that conquest and buy BiS items at the vendor. Which is what they are supposed to do in DF which is the best way to do it.

At no point should gear be locked behind rating. This also goes for M+ as well. At no point should M+ reward better gear it should be for seasonal competition. BiS gear should be at a vendor where you take Valor and buy your BiS items.

The gearing process has been lost for a long time and that is why no one plays the game in both PvP and PvE. Everything is locked and timegated.

Getting people geared in a couple weeks so they can play the game is ideal. The game starts when you have BiS gear.

6 Likes

Sounds good, all of it. But the gate keepers won’t like it.

I mentioned this to you in another thread, no one is keeping you from getting rating. I pugged to 2k last season, just have to network and make friends.

1 Like

Can you not hear how ridiculous this sounds? We’re talking about just wanting to log in to join some random BGs. In what universe does it make sense to “just have to network and make frends” to then be carried to 2k in rated play just so you can be able to compete in what is supposed to be the casual content?

Imagine telling highschool kids that in order to be able to play some pick-up games of basketball during their lunch break they have to first be accepted to a university, make the team, and at least make it to the sweet 16.

The entire premise is utterly asinine.

4 Likes

That’s an issue of talent, not “gear”.

2 Likes

This is an MMO so it makes perfect sense. In order to be successful in any higher level play you have to work with other people that is what an MMO is about. No one carried me, you play BGs and other good players request to be friends and eventually you build a network of friends who are also good at PvP.

I am not saying I necessarily like this current system. But someone else tried to say that he couldn’t get rating because others were holding him back, that just isn’t true.

1 Like

BTW, was checking your profile and you haven’t even attempted to do any form of PvP, casual or otherwise this season. So how can you possibly have an opinion or know about getting rating?

2 Likes

Not even the bare minimum of effort to start gearing.

I guess while you were playing detective you missed the fact that I’ve been unsubbed for over a year. The reason I unsubbed is because of the horrible state of PVP gearing and the massive gaps in power between players based solely on whether or not they had first engaged in rated play to hit arbitrary rankings. Nothing about this has changed since I unsubbed and so neither has my opinion.

I have no interest in rated play for the same reasons I have no interest in mythic+ or raiding. This is a game, not a job. I do not log in to interview or be interviewed by others in hopes of being deemed worthy to participate.

When I log in, I want to play. I don’t want to have to convince others that my spec is good enough or that I’ve chosen the right covenant or that my IO score is high enough, etc. I am more than happy to join a queue and entertain myself until my group is formed and we all accept without the hassle of “social networking”.

Prior to Shadowlands I had very little issues with gearing and no issues with being competitive in the areas of the game in which I chose to participate (IE anything I can queue for). When Blizzard makes this possible once more they might actually see some of my money again instead of losing out on over a year’s worth of sub fees and having to settle for me depleting my account’s gold for 1 month because I was stuck at home after having surgery.

2 Likes

Weird since BFA was honestly as bad if not worse for gearing than SL is.

2 Likes

To be fair though, it’s not like you can expect Blizzard to cater to someone who hates their game.

3 Likes

I don’t hate their game. I think WoW is a great game that is tarnished by a few poor, but extremely detrimental design choices, such as the decision to lock worthwhile PVP gear behind rating.

It makes no sense to have randoms reward piss-poor gear and then tell the players in that gear that they have to fight players with twice their health and triple their damage. Raiders on normal mode aren’t expected to face Mythic bosses, but that’s the degree of difficulty that the casual players participating in the casual PVP content are expected to face.

You can get to 1400 and 4/7 conquest by rolling your face across the keyboard.

3 Likes

I don’t know how I can make this any more clear than what I already have.

I don’t know how to make it any more clear how easy it is to do what I said, lol.

2 Likes

It’s not a matter of easy. It’s easy to put on a terrible movie, but that’s not going to make me want to sit down and watch it.

If the parts of the game that I do enjoy are no longer worthwhile, making parts that I don’t enjoy easy isn’t going to convince me to participate in them. I’m simply going to unsub and find something that I do enjoy until Blizz decides my money is important enough to them to adjust accordingly.

6 Likes

The only moment when PVP has been less unfair was with the PVP templates.
WoW never had a fair PVP system (I don’t think any MMO have one tbh) this is true since the very beginning.
WoW - SL is by far the most unfair PVP playing I ever saw, due to the extensive amount of PVE content a player have to clear in order to get “geared”, most of the top streamers paid other player to clear the PVE content and they log almost exclusively to PVP.

Many wants\ the PVP templates to come back while many others don’t want that system, but the main issue is that MMOs aren’t basically based on fair competition, it’s designed to grind no matter what, the dynamic is far from the FPS games in which getting geared is not relevant.

My personal experience with SL is similar to the other xpack at the exception that SL is very unfriendly toward casual PVPers and the gearing up process is longer.
I’m actually at ilvl 246 (260) and there’s no way I can handle a fight -vs- a fully geared gladiator + legendary items, I get wrecked into piece in sometimes not even a second.
i.e.: today a Feral Druid killed my Rogue in 1 hit for 70k damage.

Finally, the most funny bracket is by far 51-59, it’s entertaining, alive and playable for everybody, Blizz screwed up with SL PVP (or was it intended?), but to block high ilvl players from Random BGs isn’t what I would want in the first place.
Something like deactivate covenants powers and downgrade PVE items on PVP instances would seem a more accurate solution in order to get something close from a descent tuning.
As I said MMOs are designed to grind, not to mention that there’s plenty of addons and scripts to optimize the playing efficiency but does it help some players to feel better about themselves?

Templates were garbage. Stop suggesting they come back.

1 Like