MAX ILevel limit in random bgs

We do random BG’s to gear up but also to have fun. When you have to play against people who already maxed their gear, (half the other faction with 60-80k hp when you have 45k), you can’t really get conquest because you will LOSE most of your BG’s. You will see 20% of more players just leave mid BG in complete disgust. Do 10 of those horrible BG’s and you’ll become pretty disgusted yourself. No wonder chat becomes toxic. Not everyone can get carried by a guild and not everyone is ready to pay for “runs” by principle. So why not force those higher Ilevel players (249+ ?) to only play against each other in rated BG’s. No more random for them. More fun gearing up.

17 Likes

Try playing rated to get some gear!

2 Likes

Try getting into rated when you don’t have gear. Seriously. You get declined every single time. Takes seconds. Those people do rated to get conquest and increase their own rating, not to help others. It’s a problem. Having this ceiling might help.

12 Likes

I have tried. It’s called making your own group. 100% success rate.

1 Like

Are you in charge of silencing people who’s opinion you don’t like in this forum ?

6 Likes

I’ve waited 3 expansions now (Legion, BFA, SL) for MoP/WoD PvP vendors with no rated or rating required to play with equal ilvl conquest gear. My waiting is over, I’ve done my sentence of cumulative 6 years.

4 Likes

You still need to have Combatant I, to level up your gear, no ?

1 Like

I’m with OP on this, but not necessarily the solution.

The gear gap this expansion is absolutely ridiculous. It kills the casual pvp scene.

19 Likes

Exactly. Maybe it’s fun for fully geared people to get easy kills and wins, but it’s no fun for all others.

4 Likes

Yes.

/10char

If everyone in the guild is getting caried then how does the guild progress? If people are only buying boosts who is boosting them to begin with? You see the problem with your statement right? Also who says we are in random bgs for gear? If we wanted the gear we would do rated or arena. Just here to farm honor levels for the mounts, pets, toys and titles. You having a low ilvl is a you problem

3 Likes

I’m sure you’re very comfortable in your little ivory tower. There are so many easy answers to your statement, I wonder if you’re just trolling. So for others, 1) some guilds have a LOT of money, we’re talking 10’s of millions of gold and more. They level crafting faster than anyone, get the highest gear available faster than anyone, control the AH, buy anything valuable, have gatherers etc… They use this advantage to do dungeons faster, then add guild members, so they get geared faster and better, finally even if banned by wow, they sell “runs” to make their money back. It’s not a game, it’s a business. 2) If you want to farm honor (!!) for the mounts etc. then do random BG’s with people your Ilevel. See if you like it all the same when it takes twice or three times longer or more. 3) Do your farming the honorable way (look it up) and not on the back of casuals with lower gear. Playing wow is not a profession for most, it’s a game to be enjoyed. As it stands now some people are deriving a real life income from the game. And WOW said it was not accepted anymore.

4 Likes

You’re right to most it’s not a profession its a game so no idea what your reference to what top end guilds has to do with anything in this context or in the context I stated. As for the takes 2-3 longer part of your comment that would be great as I would get more honor out of the bg, the entire purpose of me going into it so I can get the mounts, pets, toys and titles. Finally your comment about deriving a real life income from wow and blizz saying it’s not allowed anymore is false, they never said that. Cross realm boosting services are against tos now sure. But boosts via groups of friends, guilds and even server based communities are ok.

2 Likes

I agree with the poster, as a 2004 been pvping since it was with the mill and the cross roads when nothing counted, today, all I play is for fun non rated BG and the new Solo thing. The latest gear at 7/7 non rated is not going to let you compete in non-rated BG anything with 9/9 gear guys.

While I am sure Act and Bliz listen they obviously do not care. It’s cool I don’t play like I did when I was 38 I play like I am 56 now, I play in the winter, I like pvp, but you’re right we lose a ton.

A lot of the losing problem is people aren’t real sure how to play a lot of the old stuff. I stopped leading this year, I just don’t feel like doing it anymore. I don’t pvp seriously like when I got my Commander Title. I just don’t care about world of warcraft like I did years ago. The gear is unbalanced, it has been this for years and years. Bliz don’t and neither do I care anymore.

That statement right there should make you think a little bit. Loved reading about your lawsuit you did, Miss Jeff Kaplan the father of wow, shame he left.

5 Likes

level 60 is the most exclusive twink bracket

5 Likes

To fix this issue.

Remove the stupid Blizz Devs who consistence agre with problem ilv gap is ok at pvp and put dev who now how its feels grinding gear from botoom, From barebone character starting with no honour gear then upgrade all the gear.

1 Like

Even if they want an ilvl gap, make it 5-10ilv difference tops.

Why do I need to 1 hit undergeared people, can’t say that’s fun for more than a few hours.

3 Likes

Ya make the lowest ilv can enjoy the game keep the grind but make sure the game is still enjoyable with lowest ilv gear.
So everyone can enjoy the game while grinding.

Reduce the ILV Gap.

5 Likes

Ilvl is just part of the problem. Goes a long way to bring power gap under control though.

IMO The oppressive nature of bgs right now where it can feel like fight are too fast or pointless is due to Short rotational dps cds are imo the primary offender. 30s 1 min 2min 3min offensive cds always rotating mean that if you fight as many people as you do in a bg you just won’t always have an answer.

Bgs have felt less and less fun the further we moved away from the more classic design of classes being unique with different rhythms or patterns to their damage. Offensive cds existed in thr past but they weren’t absurd multi% increases across the board.

Hybrids like ret or shaman had strong offensive cds to bring them up to par with actual dps classes

Tank hybrids like warriors and dks were scary if they connected at any time, like their 2h weapons implied they would be, but we’re also durable with strong defensives reflecting their potential as a tank

Pure dps classes died if they weren’t careful. But had the tools to be extra slippery and stay away from danger / make dealing damage difficult.

I hope what I’m saying makes sense.

Tldr everyone is good at everything but due to it being feature of a cd, it really more than ever becomes a have vs have not fof a lot of classes. When every class trades cooldowns to kill, its less fun to fight multiple classes over and over.

Writing on the train to work so apologies for any weird English or formatting.

4 Likes

It’s called getting carried.

2 Likes