Maw quest - Blazing Ingots quest

'Twas apparently causing a server issue.
Be that the case, one would think the servers ought be looked into, but then this is the same company that works to remove such frivolities as chat channels in Covenant Sanctums.

4 Likes

how about not messing up the quest in the first place???

1 Like

It makes you wonder if this isn’t some sort of negotiating trick. Break something 100% then fix it by 50% and say they are listening to us, when 50% was always the goal. Basically, change something way more than is realistic so they can arrive at exactly the amount intended after “compromising.”

Like taking flying away and then returning it later on with new restrictions, but we are just happy it returned so we accept the restrictions.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. I should spend more time in that forum. Seeing the amount of (relatively) quick replies by the blues there is refreshing.

Where is this stated?

'Twas relayed in hither thread earlier by Crepe, quoting a response in the Customer Support section to do with this very quest which said:

2 Likes

I’ve done this quest on 3 characters already, while rescuing souls. Done in under 10-20 minutes. The fix, as they say, appears to be in.

i gave up after a few minutes. i don’t need 140 stygia that bad.

Oh yes the good old Blizzard, “let’s add a new system to fix a problem we created”. Add this to conduit charges etc etc.

What is wrong with you people? Did some middle manager need to justify his team size in a performance review?

5 Likes

I just won’t do them then. Its a simple fix for me. I don’t like the other WQ’s anyway lately it just makes me angry for stuff faction specific or everyone grabbing stuff while I’m fighting to get to it. I’m not playing a game to get angry. I’m playing to have fun and well it hasn’t been much fun lately.

You could stagger the WQ’s instead of giving every covenant the same WQ for the day but nope everyone is squished into one small area and they don’t even have a purpose. No story to them. They don’t change anything just busy work with other people that are able to make it so I take a very long time to get mine done.

Just not logging on for awhile. I don’t like not liking other players. That is what these do, and if you like that great…I don’t.

7 Likes

I call tauren dust on that one.

Shared modes have been a thing in WoW for years. And somehow, suddenly nodes in a zone hardly anyone goes to because it’s crap are a “server problem”?

Yeah, and I have a bridge to sell you.

This was a deliberate nerf to slow players down.

The weekly souls will be next. Watch this space.

(“we felt 500 anima was too much…”)

9 Likes

Considering I and many others have already been short-changed two-hundred-and-fifty anima when first that was introduced, 'twould not surprise me in the least bit.

1 Like

If they’ve lost enough of their long-time devs, it could be that the current team just doesn’t know the code well enough to not break things, or fix what they break.

This is not a good idea and is going to alienate a lot of people. We need to making more quest npcs and ground loot multi-tap not removing multi-tap from those items that are. Do you not hear the cries on these very forums of being tired of the grindiness from Shadowlands? This is not wise.

1 Like

Okay but that’s stupid, you know that, right? Just put them back to “anybody can loot this item”. Why are you making the game obnoxious for no reason?

1 Like

I’m just waiting for them to make freed souls individual and not multi-“lootable”, to cause the last remnants of players to leave en masse.

The right thing to do is not to regress customer experience but to fix the root problem—either by upgrading server or whatever it is to avoid degrading customer experience. You don’t need any information to know that’s the right thing to do.

2 Likes

the quest is back to normal btw seems like there was just some weird wording from blizzard here about “the fix”? just did this on two toons and it was fine.

You guys really need to play your game that you design. Do you just throw random numbers and see what sticks?

1 Like

:clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: