Mature Language Filter and Social Contract

And hate speech is more than just a few key slurs (and variation spellings of them).

People complain about automation banning already for things that have to be over turned.

I do think they should take reporting more seriously. But I just dont think relying on automation or paying someone to do nothing but watch WoW chat all day (sheesh, just thinking about that potential job makes me want to take some sleeping meds), is a suitable alternative.

2 Likes

Or to at least have a watch dog program to match words and sentences. People are paid to monitor other people all the time. Called: police and security, outside of software. We respond to hate speech with reasonable punishment. It’s not that difficult.

Please stop answering me with questions.

No, not until we make a clear message that it won’t be tolerated, and we hold Blizzard accountable with the offenders.

I fail to see why you’re arguing against punishing offenders.

I have never once stated that offenders should not be punished.

I have never implied this.

Sheesh.

Get over yourself. Or at least don’t make up my side of an argument.

1 Like

Why not? The government does it, same with FBI, CIA, etc. It works for them, and Blizz would do the same. So, how isn’t it suitable when you don’t think anything else is suitable, either?

So let me get this right.

You believe that Blizzard should have the work force for monitoring people on par with the FBI, CIA, etc.

And once again. I never stated that I don’t think anything else is suitable, either.

1 Like

AI has no problems figuring out context.

So you’re advocating for the head-in-sand-and-do-nothing approach. Got it.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right. But Blizzard doesn’t monitor chat or other interactions. Players have to report what they see as infractions. So if you see hate speech, report it.

1 Like

…what? No.

I have literally said opposite in this thread.

Can I talk to an AI then? Because apparently you have issues figuring out context and reading what other people state.

2 Likes

All I see is you making excuses why x y and z shouldn’t be done.

1 Like

You’re arguing every point that’s brought up to fight this. You’re part of the problem, until you propose and idea.

1 Like

It’s so you don’t have to see exactly what they’re saying if they so choose to break the rules.

I never said “on par”, did I? Nope.

Obvious strawman is obvious. You’re just finding every little detail to make into an issue to argue.

Look, you’ve trolled here before, and I’m not having it. If you don’t have anything constructive to add aside from just nit picking and strawmanning…I’ll ignore you.

I said this. Maybe I could expand on it for you, since you are not an AI and AIs apparently have a better understanding of context.

Here. I will CC you.

I stated that they should take reporting more seriously. This caries an implication. A context…if you will. Something apparently AIs understand perfectly, just not forum posters.

The implication is that Blizzard would more actively look into reporting, and take more decisive action to limit things such as hate speech going forward through more worthwhile punishments. While it would still be reactionary, it would create a culture of “if you do X, you get punished. convincingly”.

1 Like

Ignore 'em, the OP made this thread to troll and to attract trolls
Those “two” that have been responding to you are very clearly the same user just using two accounts to harass you

1 Like

I dunno. It seems silly to me, dirty/mean words in the internet don’t bother me. Say what you want, but just be prepared to deal with the consequences. I probably wouldn’t report you but someone else will. Blizzard makes the rules for better or worse, generally worse, we just have to deal with them.

(Previous post was meant to respond to the op.)

2 Likes

No its called a language filter, dont like seeing swear words that arnt used in an offensive way then just turn on the filter dont be a karen.

1 Like

Or you could figure it out on your own instead of relying on someone else to do it for you :astonished:…while busy complaining about mature language CoC :rofl:

“I don’t understand what you said” or “I didn’t read the linked blue post specifically addressing this topic” would both be much clearer ways of expressing yourself here, Grimsie.

3 Likes

Welcome to 2022. If you so much as breathe and someone finds that offensive you can be punished from someone somewhere or be canceled. It is the modern day we live in.