Master loot should stay dead!

Also :arrow_double_up: (Gizelolenea) this is also why we can’t have nice things

I have no problems with master loot in a guild setting.

3 Likes

This thread has provided me with much humor today.

not every DPS has raidbots premium

Posturing and ego.

You sound like a terrible leader. Lol.

It was a reference to holigreen, specifically.

the other name was a reference to another poster who has a tendency to post their opinion as fact and interprets disagreement with opinion as a deep personal insult.

It greatly amuses me to know all the GD posters here who have been saying ML is never coming back have to grapple with reality that they are, in fact, the outlier and that Blizzard appears to be working towards bringing an updated version of ML back because to some degree they understand that organized and functioning guilds absolutely loathe the complete lack of control that PL forces upon them because some casuals who can’t find a stable guild or pug all their content think ML is completely unusable, whereas many players, such as myself, have played through Legion almost exclusively using an ML/LC system and never having a problem with it.

If and when that time does actually happen where ML comes back into the game I suggest you do what everyone else here tells others to do when they complain about other people’s content. Don’t let how other people enjoy the game affect you and stick with your systems that use PL.

1 Like

It’s coming back because Ion said so in an interview where he was put on the spot? come on, you know better.

Master loot will remain dead and ion knows how master loot was it was a degenerate system and so personal loot is the only loot system and plus all the other mmo has move passed master loot and everyone knows personal loot is much more effective and safe due to its safeguards.

Never had a problem with it. Should 100% return.

Trinks/Weapon/Mount on reserve for RL, no thanks.

“Tanks and Healers get priority in loot.” Ok, good and bye.

1 Like

“Put on the spot” lol. You don’t think Ion has any idea of what questions will be asked, what the gripes are, and have proper media training? Not sure what to tell you if you think he was caught off guard and just threw out an answer because his answer went into detail of how loot works to explain that (apparently) it’s not just something they can easily toggle back on given how loot drops work in the game now. Sounds like garbage planning on their part (it’s literally only been two expansions since they removed it), but given the way he worded his response I’m cautiously optimistic.

Given that they don’t seem to want to just reimplement what we knew as ML I have no idea what tweaks they want to make to it. Regardless of if you want to belief he was caught off guard nothing really stopped him from just saying “PL is here to stay, but we want to make it better for organized guilds”

And honestly, if they just turned off Blizzard trading rules a metric boatload of the complaints would go away.

1 Like

Good thing I’ve never said that then.

I have nothing against reserving items.
Of course there are limits. more than one item on reserve was a no go for me.
And if there is a reserve, they really shouldn’t be rolling on everything else.
Part of the reason I started leading pugs. I wanted the trinket off of iskar, and so i reserved it, with a macro to state I was reserving one trinket, and rolling on no other gear.

AOTC was 100% more valuable than a few pieces of loot.

their goal of getting aotc…

How is it not?

I don’t know where this idea that if you don’t lead, you don’t get loot comes from.

And to state again, I’m a believer of mandatory PL in pugs.

To me it seems your viewpoints get summarized into
“if you participate, you deserve the reward” and
“any wrong doing must be treated like it happens at all times”.

For the most part, people who want master loot just want the ability to give the loot to the person who needs it the most, or will use it the best in a raid group. meaning pl without the trade restriction is about the same thing.
If you’re always afraid of the possibility someone will do something bad, then I’m not sure how you even leave your house.

a convoluted concept that to me really avoid the idea that a raid group should be on the same page.
when both were an option, my guild just voted on what we wanted and PL won, even though i prefered ML. if people really can’t just sacrifice for the group, why are they there?

I’m failing to see where this is an argument.
if you find a guild that uses PL, then you’re just happy.

personal loot with no restrictions seems fine,
But what is with everyone’s obsession with controlling others?

why is this still a used arguement. It was solved, and if ML returns, it will still be solved.

endless supply of trials sounds like a bunch of brand new guilds to me.

like tier, and flying? and apparently talent trees? your point falls a bit flat.

like with a gun to the head?
Any other method is a pretty disingenuous response.

And you really wanna stay in a group like that because?

that’s basically the point.

I would have stopped there, I’ve known lots of guilds that valued dedicated members even if they were a bit worse than everyone else. they showed up every week.

its been an ongoing conversation since its been removed.
Theres always been like at least 1 thread in the top 30 with it.

why do you think heroic and normal guilds wouldn’t want this option?

they probably left the code in.

4 Likes

Master loot was way too easy to abuse. I’m not for its return.

4 Likes

cause they like raiding.

It’s not so much an argument as just pointing out it’s not really advancing the issue. Like it or not, pro ML or not, Ion was adamant it’s not coming back and instead they’re thinking of innovating it.

Not my fault you’re not smart enough to ask more then simple minded questions. How typical of the “perfect wow forum player” to run their mouth about stuff they have no clue about. But you go little man

1 Like

I rarely do normal dungeons and I rarely do LFR (I’ve done neither this expansion)…so personal loot or master loot has no effect on me and I don’t care if they bring it back or not

Having said that…why would they bring it back? They got rid of it in the first place for various reasons…one of them being the abuse and the toxic people taking advantage. Why bring that back?

People keep saying only join guilds that have leaders they trust and leave if this happens to you. Ok. I guess…but you are still bringing back a system that people did and will abuse again. Not to mention pugs that happen where I’d wager most of the abuse happened.

I’m sure there’s a way to bring it back and generally work for everyone…like only master loot if 80 to 90 percent is same guild. But I haven’t seen a forum topic about someone stealing loot since they got rid of master loot. Sounds like a good thing to me.

Imagine feeling the need to have such an addon to begin with. It wouldn’t have been developed if there hadn’t been discord within the raiding groups.

I raided in Vanilla. Let me share a funny/awful story about master looter. This isn’t a situation that would ever happen again, as loot really isn’t what it used to be, but an example nonetheless.

One day long ago, my guild Nocturnal of Stormscale was running through our normal clear of Molten Core. We had it on farm for awhile, and we were one of the more predominant guilds on the server (there was one other tied neck and neck with us from the time the raid was released). Anyway, we had an applicant (not naming, as I realize this is very much a no-no) and we set up a date and time for them to trial. They were not to be given loot unless our other couple warlocks didn’t need anything, etc. Anyway, someone in the guild heard him talking trash about us (or one of the members), and the entirety of the officers decided it would be a good idea to “accidentally” give the loot to other members in the raid when something dropped that no one else needed aside from him. It happened at least FIVE TIMES that night, where they were like “oh my god I can’t believe it, I’m so sorry man, we meant to give this to you but I clicked the wrong person.”.

While I mean yeah sure at the time it was HILARIOUS, but that person’s spirit was completely crushed. And it was possibly the most toxic thing I’ve ever seen in the game.

Anywho, just a story, among many many others I have. That one was one of the more juicy ones.

1 Like