Master loot should stay dead!

Master loot is a toxic system thank the heavens that it got removed from World of Warcraft and if you think it isn’t toxic you are delusional. And I hope to god it remains dead for the foreseeable future. I just hope they just improve on personal loot and call it a day.

162 Likes

Thank you for your feedback.

7 Likes

I never had issues with master loot…
Maybe my raid groups were just good. :thinking:

46 Likes

I don’t understand the objection, but then again I haven’t played seriously for a long long time.

But back in the days, and I mean way back, we masterloot almost all high level/end game content, was there some back room deal going on? Sure, but it was pretty rare, most leaders honoured the rolls.

6 Likes

Why is it toxic?

6 Likes

Cause they said so

2 Likes

u r :clown_face:.

/10chars

10 Likes

As the other dozen or so threads that are saying the same thing, yes it should remain dead. Master loot was removed for a reason the problems being faced with progression mythic raiding guilds right now can be solved by just removing restrictions on trading the items that drop in the raid. Simple as. No need to remake the same mistakes of the past (ML) only to undo them (a second time).

20 Likes

Multiple objections. Corrupt RL/GMs being biased with it is one. It gave one person too much power and it wasn’t fair.

22 Likes

If you really wanna condense the problem into 2 sentences this is pretty much the answer.

1 Like

Never had an issue with ML…oh wait thats cause I knew enough to ask questions before joining a ML group

15 Likes

The opinion that master loot should remain dead is dead.

4 Likes

Uprilupirina: Are you a bad ML group? Will you honour rolls?
ML group lead: Yes yes
Uprilupirina: You won’t ninja the items right?
ML group lead: No no ninja

And all was well in the unicorn kingdom of equestria

16 Likes

Ninja looting, guilds refusing to give trials any loot, guilds giving it to friends/officers/general corruption. Split runs being far easier to accomplish to funnel loot to ‘main raid’ and make alt raiders not get much loot. Caused a lot of issues either from people feeling they were cheated out of a piece or more, leading to increased ticket times and many issues between guildies.

25 Likes

There should be a question on the log in screen for World of Warcraft.

“Do you think Master Looter was “toxic”?”

If you answer yes, it instantly deletes the install of World of Warcraft and Battlenet makes the install option grayed out.

Winning.

5 Likes

compelling argument. I was going to challenge your viewpoint, but I’m not delusional!!

2 Likes

Ideally I’d also make fun but he’s not wrong in this instance.

They’re incredibly wrong. The only issue with ML being unfair was in PuGs, and that issue was already solved in Legion. ML couldn’t be activated unless the group was 80% of the same guild, meaning they agreed to the distribution in place for the run.

6 Likes

Lock it to the top 100 guilds or actually, probably top 50. 99.99% of the playerbase cannot be trusted to handle loot without extreme bias. Not going back to losing my BIS items because it gets stolen away to be given to the RL gray parsing SO.

10 Likes

Why would you raid with people, or especially a raid leader, you don’t trust? You’ve literally set yourself up for the problem.

This is a player, and social issue, not a Master Loot issue.

10 Likes