Master loot should stay dead!

It’s equivalent to stealing profits. Like a cashier stealing money from a till. That money isn’t yours just because your hands touched it. ITS THE BOSS’ MONEY

Under your definition there is no such thing as ninja looting. Ninja looting has always been a social construct and not theft. Even in the Vanilla days you had to agree to ML.

Again, why do you even care about ML for content below mythic raid?

That’s exactly why ninja looting happened. Bis weapon dropped, everyone forcing that person to give up their loot, that person gains more by leaving the guild with that loot then being strapped down by the guild restrictions.

Why do you assume it’s “their loot”? They wouldn’t have it without the raid. The raid and guild leader should determine who gets the loot, because it is better for the raid to give it to people as follows: Self>family/friends/bff/gf> officers>good raiders>bad players>disenchant>pugs.
At NO point should the bad pleyers/pugs be able to determine what happens with the GUILD LEADER’S loot!

Not entirely correct, In Vanilla you could switch to ML 2 seconds before the boss died hence the name “Ninja-Looter”

Again, A better system has been proposed in place of ML Why do YOU care, There is only one reason to fight against PLNR in Favor of ML and that’s because you desire control and leverage.

Stop acting like you are the good guy here, Your colors have shown you are advocating for control and leverage rather than player agency just openly admit it and we can go from there.

One could naturally argue that ML is, to an extent, a digital version of real life communism.

Good or bad players deserve to have loot rather to like it or not. You don’t make the rules and this game is for everyone rather you like it or not. Also in order to improve they need gear I love the ignorance coming from you. And this kind of behavior reinforces why personal loot should be the only loot system that exist.

Let’s think of Personal loot like its own coin roll. The system rolls for you and picks if you get loot or not. Then it looks up your class and rolls to see what loot you will get.

What would be nice is if I could WILLINGLY give my personal loot coin roll to the raid. Let’s call this a “Loot Bucket”. I flip the switch and this “Loot Bucket” gets my roll, then (if it’s a win) instead of rolling for my class it rolls for all classes and dumps a piece of loot into the “Loot Bucket” for the Master looter to give out to the raid.

With this people who choose “personal loot” can keep that and the people who have gained a trust for their raid leaders can CHOOSE to give the guild their loot rolls.

The system will make sure that those who picked “personal loot” cannot trade with the raid and cannot receive loot from the “Loot Bucket”.

This way both looting types can co-exist without taking the other’s freedoms away.

Does this sound like a good compromise?

Do we pay people who do less for a company more than those that do more for a company? NO. So why would I give loot to an UNDERPERFORMING PLEYER. It’s not good for MY guild.

You can just remove the trade restrictions from personal loot instead of trying to spend all this time, Effort, Code work and adding complexity that there doesn’t need to be.

PLNR already solves the trust issue because the end user has the loot and has to make the choice.

You want to compare real life to a game in the real world we have laws that protects workers from ludicrous like “you don’t deserve to get paid”.In the game people deserve to have loot for participation I love the arrogance coming from you and your furthering the strong reason as to why master loot should remain dead and personal loot should be enforced as the main loot system.

It’s not an assumption. The game provided player x with a piece of loot. That player, receiving authority for loot piece z, receives overarching control for that loot once it is transferred to the player by the system. At that point possession is 9/10s of the law.
YOUR assumption that the guild leader has any control over that piece of gear is invalid at that point unless written and signed authority over that gear is sacrificed by the player and transferred to the guild leader.

So in other words, unless your forcing all your players to sign a loot possession disclosure, you have no right to anything that drops. Lmfao

This is true, however according to the interview with Ion it does not build in the “loot loss” they maintain in the system. They want to always make a certain portion of the loot useless. They don’t care if it’s PL or ML. If it’s ML the system will simply drop for classes that are not there.

PLNR would actually become too efficient it would kill this “loot Loss” that for some reason Blizzard wants to keep.

Stop exagerating, it’s not they they dont get paid, it’s they dont get paid AS MUCH as the better people
loot for participation? This is the problem with this generation, participation awards n nonsense.

the GAME didn’t provide it, the RAID did. without the RAID, there would be no LOOT.
my PRESUMPTION is that the guild leader SHOULD AND WILL ONCE BLIZZARD FIXES THIS BROKEN SYSTEM, have control over the loot again.

Personal Loot has the issue of wastage due to rings, Necklaces these are the quickest slots to fill out but because everyone can use them, The raid will eventually after 3-5 weeks just be disenchanting them.

It’d still Keep that loss.

Um, no.

The system determines which player in the raid receives loot. The raid is only the function which allows the player to gain access to the gear. This means that guild/raid leadership has absolutely zero control between the system and the player chosen for loot. Lol

Their are laws that reinforces that certain amount of money to be paid towards the workers and their are laws that protects the workers against stupid things like “you don’t get paid for this amount because of this X reason.

Also, you don’t control who gets the loot the game does and if the loot drops for that person it’s his or hers not yours and you don’t make the rules in the first place. Not unless you force everyone to sign a disclosure agreement otherwise every loot that have dropped ISNT YOURS NOR THE GUILDS THEIR IN.

but the guild leader will have control, whether YOU LIKE IT OR NOT

You’re just twisting my words and making up your own narrative. You are clearly unwilling to have a mature discussion because you can’t justify why the current system isn’t fine as-is for content below mythic raid.

No, PL is digital communism. Everyone gets exactly the same chance at rewards irrespective of their efforts. The people arguing for tradeable PL want to override that equality and pretend that some players (usually themselves) are more deserving of loot.

I see the point of mythic raids and trials or mounts, but I can’t see why there needs to be uneven loot distribution in heroic and below. With all the loot available from keys, heroic raid is largely down to mechanics, not iLvl. It doesn’t matter so why aggravate people by taking their drops away unless you’re a control freak.