MASSIVE DISCONNECTS (Update Please)

yeah DDoDs by UKDrillas aparently, they started 14 or so hours ago with EU servers

Life goals… /sigh

I think Blizzard should give us some light here.

I appears that a script kiddie is claiming responsibility on twitter

Crap I went grocery shopping and had a hair cut, 2 hours ago a bit after it started, and thought it would be fixed now. Was able to at least log into character select but the blue bar of haha tricked you is 3/4 of the way for the past 4 mins and I am sad

EDIT - Now world server down. But at server select said medium. I think their population reporting mechanic is sick

2 Likes

I have no idea why people like you just come on here to bash people asking a question and get so angry about them not looking for another post on the same topic. Just mind your own damn business. I see this comment on almost every forum and it’s just negative, unwanted behavior, and it doesn’t make you look cool, more like rude.

7 Likes

You would think with Blizz charging $15 per month x 10 mill ppl just on wow, thats 1.5 , thats 150mill a monthm or 1.9 Billion a year. Theyd have some better techs working for them, firewalls, etc, if always some BS with this fregen game…

1 Like

Yeah. Disconnects and lots of lag for me too. I guess I’ll go back to regular WoW for a while.

Maybe Blizzard wants this so they are paying someone to do it. Come back to retail or we will make your vanilla experience crap by hiring ddosers.

See that’s what I think also. I don’t blame them for being targeted, DDOS happens to online gaming companies (particularly really successful ones) periodically.

But Blizzard has the resources and (supposedly) top notch talent working for them. Why has the game been down over 2 hours with no resolution in sight? That is a fair question.

You’re welcome.

If you really think what I said is unwanted behavior, rude or whatever then, holy cow, you are possibly the most sensitive person ever. The fact you singled me out over comments that are worse than mine proves my point.

My guess would be they are attempting to have the ddos’er stopped through proper legal channels. Which takes time, including subpoenas being issues, ISPs locating the customer at fault, blocking that customer’s connection, directing authorities to the attackers location etc. (at least in the US, I imagine processes may be similar in other countries.)

I like how this board thinks it is snap of the fingers. When Shadowbringers came out for FF14 people lost hours on it because of a DDOS

Yes but if you think about what I said… why has Blizzard not told us anything?

The DDOS is not their fault, and I highly doubt they’re doing nothing. But it’s terrible customer service (especially from the staff of one of the most highly successful online games in history) to not tell your subscribers… something.

Maybe so but I think it would be good customer service on their part to tell their paying subscribers something. Even just a “We are sorry for the inconvenience, and we’re working on it and will have it resolved as soon as we can” type generic communication.

Blizz realm status page for classic is garbage.

It’s happening again. Same thing, same time of day.

I would assume if they knew it was a DDoS then they’d be ready for it today?

You assume there is a firewall out there that can process terabytes/sec of packets.

The problem is likely at blizzards ISP not at blizzard itself. Their ISP cant handle the traffic.

Can’t even log in. Retrieves realm list, I sit in queue, sometimes get to character screen, then when I load, DC. ZZZZ F U blizz